2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger
44
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 am

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

Image

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
381
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

ChrisDanger wrote:
Sniffit wrote:IIRC the speed trap at Baku was set well before the actual top speed was reached. As I read this Williams clocked Bottas at 378.
There were pages of debate about this figure in the Baku thread here. No-one is really certain how the team got that number, as the speed traps seem to indicate it was lower, and it was broadcast via a tweet from the Williams Twitter account. Without any official telemetry, and just a team PR monkey behind a keyboard, some members feel, perhaps rightly so, that this number was somewhat fabricated. So there is still some uncertainty about the actual figure. Notice f1fanatic reported that it was "unofficially the highest speed."
It was seen on the speedometer in the on board replay.
===================✯✯
============✯✯
====✯✯[/b]
LH44

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
381
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

FrukostScones wrote:VET will be Champion maker.

and people say he got levelled by RAI.

still ROFLing.
Every dog has his day I guess. Hoping for no Ferrari screw ups to really see how these two compare in the race.
===================✯✯
============✯✯
====✯✯[/b]
LH44

User avatar
FrukostScones
188
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: European Union

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

PlatinumZealot wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:VET will be Champion maker.

and people say he got levelled by RAI.

still ROFLing.
Every dog has his day I guess. Hoping for no Ferrari screw ups to really see how these two compare in the race.
Harrgh, my carpet is down like HAM rears China 2007. :lol:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.


User avatar
Juzh
454
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

PlatinumZealot wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
Sniffit wrote:IIRC the speed trap at Baku was set well before the actual top speed was reached. As I read this Williams clocked Bottas at 378.
There were pages of debate about this figure in the Baku thread here. No-one is really certain how the team got that number, as the speed traps seem to indicate it was lower, and it was broadcast via a tweet from the Williams Twitter account. Without any official telemetry, and just a team PR monkey behind a keyboard, some members feel, perhaps rightly so, that this number was somewhat fabricated. So there is still some uncertainty about the actual figure. Notice f1fanatic reported that it was "unofficially the highest speed."
It was seen on the speedometer in the on board replay.
The 378?

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
381
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

No the speed shown actually was lower (maybe 366 or 373 or something). I can't find the on-board video with the FIA graphics anymore though. Williams reported that telemetry said 378.
===================✯✯
============✯✯
====✯✯[/b]
LH44


LionKing
LionKing
23
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

Hamilton best sector total is about 2 tenths better than Vettel's. With the usual Merc engine mode on Saturday, I would not be surprised to see a half second difference tomorrow in quali.

PhillipM
PhillipM
333
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Over the road from Boothy...

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

...on harder tyres.

LionKing
LionKing
23
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

PhillipM wrote:...on harder tyres.
Oh, Hamilton SS's are harder than others'?

zac510
zac510
39
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:58 am

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

LionKing wrote:
PhillipM wrote:...on harder tyres.
Oh, Hamilton SS's are harder than others'?
PhillipM is obviously talking about Hamilton's future (Quali) lap on harder tyres, not his FP laps.

User avatar
ringo
227
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

Fastest recorded trap speed is by kubicia isnt it?
For Sure!!

Manjhi
Manjhi
29
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

:o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nico Hulkenberg sets 6th fastest time on Soft tyres!!!! =D> =D> =D>

Is somebody sandbagging in the top 5 cars or what ??

And Checo is full 1 sec behind him. :o

PhillipM
PhillipM
333
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Over the road from Boothy...

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Post

Force India have been getting faster and faster through the year, I hope it's not at the expense of next years car.