2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

The most realistic hope for Hamilton fans is a poor start from Rosberg. That, or some form of reliability issue, or first corner collision.

If none of these things happen, Rosberg will finish second at worst.

What I really want is Rosberg leading Hamilton off the line, and watching what happens after that. Would Rosberg fight for the win, or give it up for a safe second?

FW17

It will depend on his lap times in comparison to LH . This will probably the last race for one of his 2 engines so he will be careful.

If he has some magic setup for the day he will go for it.

Rain is something he probable hoping for as it will equalize the engine with LH.

dans79

I expect RBR to be strong, so Nico will have to push.
197 104 103 7

Vasconia

Just_a_fan wrote:Agreed. But pressure does strange things to people who would ordinarily be very calm and reasoned in their actions.

I don't think Nico will be silly.
I think he will do exactly what he has done in the last two races, drive on an automatic mode just to be second. Not exciting but its what he has to do.

Last year RB were nowhere here and Ferrari much stronger. Things have changed but I still think that Ferrari should be ahead.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Fulcrum wrote:Would Rosberg fight for the win, or give it up for a safe second?
I don't think Mercedes actually will allow Rosberg to attack Hamilton, with all potential dangers involved.
At the very best, they might perform an undercut, but you can bet it'll be solid fiery hell fury if they pit nico
before lewis and then undercut him.

I think vice versa would actually happen. Dont forget they do want Lewis to maintain 'befriended' as he'll be
there next year too. They can put it on 'lewis was on another strategy and we needed to adapt to fend off the
danger of RedBull and Ferrari' so we decided to pit him early and that gave him an undercut or advantage over
nico which is why Lewis ended up first.

Nico will still come in 2nd and still can go into AbuDhabi rather confident to have that WDC. He only needs to
finish 3rd in Abu Dhabi and he'll be WDC.

I think personally, Lewis has found the edge back over Rosberg, and i think Lewis' biggest danger at this moment
really isn't either Rosberg or the RB's to guarantee a LOSS of WDC,
it's simply the reliability factor of his car.

Gearbox, combustion engine, ERS, electronics. it's all very very borderline.

Nico can permit having a DNF. Lewis CANT.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

WaikeCU

Manoah2u wrote:
I think personally, Lewis has found the edge back over Rosberg, and i think Lewis' biggest danger at this moment
really isn't either Rosberg or the RB's to guarantee a LOSS of WDC,
it's simply the reliability factor of his car.

Gearbox, combustion engine, ERS, electronics. it's all very very borderline.

Nico can permit having a DNF. Lewis CANT.
Exactly. Interlagos happens to be a monster of a circuit. It demands a lot of the cars and drivers. bumpy circuit, lots of altitude differences and amounts of gearshifts. So engine and gearbox would be put under great amounts of stress. It would be incredible if all cars manage to finish the race, but I doubt so.

I don't think Nico can permit having a DNF. If Lewis then wins, it will put the pressure on Nico in Abu Dhabi. Lewis has his streak of wins and great forms and he has the upper hand on experience when it comes to the deciding final race.

wickedz50
wickedz50

The title will go to "whoever" God almighty wants to. At the moment anything can happen. Did anyone predict that Brazil will lose 3-0 to France in 1998? however Nico is under pressure because he has never been in this situation before. Merc has the final say... this is too hard to believe that Merc wants both their drivers to fight it out till the end...too good to be true.
Lewis is not gonna give up on this one. If Nico wins then he will earn some respect.

SiLo

I just want the championship to be decided in the last race, and it has to be one whoever wins the race. I'd take a Hamilton win, and Rosberg finishing whereever so that they go to the last race on the same points. What an epic final race that would be after three years of them battling for the title.
Felipe Baby!

Juzh

WaikeCU wrote: Interlagos happens to be a monster of a circuit. It demands a lot of the cars and drivers. bumpy circuit,
Most bumps are gone now.

FrukostScones

SiLo wrote:I just want the championship to be decided in the last race, and it has to be one whoever wins the race. I'd take a Hamilton win, and Rosberg finishing whereever so that they go to the last race on the same points. What an epic final race that would be after three years of them battling for the title.
Brasil is the last race of the season :mrgreen:

So.. but it will be wet, and or mixed. ROS will have to fight, it will be dirty.. spins, offroad etc.
And I really sorry (for myself), in the end the little bastard (to cite VET) will win. (HAM dnf or 3rd, ROS dnf or 6th or 7th)

ah.. bumps gone, gonna help RB and FINDIA the most.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

wickedz50 wrote:The title will go to "whoever" God almighty wants to
I assume it's a matter of figurative speech, but I think we can all be rest assured that God has no interest in 'helping' already wealthy, fame, and settled people, as much as He also leaves it up to mankind to take care of itself for the time being. If that wasn't the case, then children in Africa would not starve to death whilst some bloated F1 drivers or bloated Briatore's will get a competitive prize and accompanying millions.

not trying to start a discussion here.
. At the moment anything can happen. Did anyone predict that Brazil will lose 3-0 to France in 1998? however Nico is under pressure because he has never been in this situation before. Merc has the final say... this is too hard to believe that Merc wants both their drivers to fight it out till the end...too good to be true.
Lewis is not gonna give up on this one. If Nico wins then he will earn some respect.
The problem for Nico is that if he wins this one, he'll gain some respect but people will still call him 'lucky' like his father. He doesnt give much about it, and he'd be right there - let's face it, he has been supremely constant and does driver very strong. Some 'dubious' moves don't bring any much more good to it, but if we'd take that into account, then Schumacher, Senna, Piquet fall in that category too, so let's let set that aside.

If Nico loses out, then he'll be buried alive even more as lewis would have won despite the 'handicap'.
As for that, i do feel for him, as whatever the case, it's never satisfying.

I just hope for a Lewis win and Nico 2nd or 3rd for a super exciting showdown battle in AbuDhabi.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Wynters
Wynters

Vasconia wrote:I think he will do exactly what he has done in the last two races, drive on an automatic mode just to be second. Not exciting but its what he has to do.
Agreed. It worked extremely well for Prost. However, if he's ahead after the first corner I expect him to go on and win as he's fast here.

basti313
basti313

SiLo wrote: What an epic final race that would be after three years of them battling for the title.
You are using "epic race" or "battling" in conjunction with a race at Abu Dhabi? :wtf:
Don`t russel the hamster!

mclaren111

Basti313
You are using "epic race" or "battling" in conjunction with a race at Abu Dhabi? :wtf:
Very well put Sir :lol: :wink: :!: :wink: :lol:

godlameroso

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fi ... gos+brazil

Called it, last week.

Damp Friday, cloudy but dry on Saturday, similar conditions to 2012 come race day.

I hope only one Mercedes ends up on the podium, if at all. Or a Rosberg DNF and Hamilton out of the podium. That would make Abu Dhabi actually interesting.
Saishū kōnā