2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

basti313 wrote:
SiLo wrote: What an epic final race that would be after three years of them battling for the title.
You are using "epic race" or "battling" in conjunction with a race at Abu Dhabi? :wtf:
Just imagine that the one who ends first wins the WC. And the second is faster during the race. It could be like a Mansell/Senna battle. :D

Vasconia

Wynters wrote:
Vasconia wrote:I think he will do exactly what he has done in the last two races, drive on an automatic mode just to be second. Not exciting but its what he has to do.
Agreed. It worked extremely well for Prost. However, if he's ahead after the first corner I expect him to go on and win as he's fast here.
A Rosberg style victory, clean and leading the race.

Just_a_fan

Brazil is not a circuit best suited to Hamilton. His speed, generally, is found under braking and Brazil only has a couple of really big stops. The rest is reasonably flowing, about carrying speed through a corner. That is a Nico strength, it seems. Nico has the upper hand at Brazil based on previous seasons. Hamilton has never won here - although he was on his way to before Hulkenberg took him out in 2012.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

WaikeCU

Just_a_fan wrote:Brazil is not a circuit best suited to Hamilton. His speed, generally, is found under braking and Brazil only has a couple of really big stops. The rest is reasonably flowing, about carrying speed through a corner. That is a Nico strength, it seems. Nico has the upper hand at Brazil based on previous seasons. Hamilton has never won here - although he was on his way to before Hulkenberg took him out in 2012.
He could have won it too in 2014, but he spun on the in-lap before going to pit. At that stage he pulled a mighty lap out his hat, which might have jumped Rosberg after pitting.

iotar__

WaikeCU wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Brazil is not a circuit best suited to Hamilton. His speed, generally, is found under braking and Brazil only has a couple of really big stops. The rest is reasonably flowing, about carrying speed through a corner. That is a Nico strength, it seems. Nico has the upper hand at Brazil based on previous seasons. Hamilton has never won here - although he was on his way to before Hulkenberg took him out in 2012.
He could have won it too in 2014, but he spun on the in-lap before going to pit. At that stage he pulled a mighty lap out his hat, which might have jumped Rosberg after pitting.
- That's a weird logic of 'could have', "if he was driving better". Well he didn't and it would have taken more than one good lap :? .
- I'm not buying track advantage though, it was very close in '14 and in '15, nor braking (dis)advantage (Singapore, Bahrain, Canada, Austria even Mexico for varying results).

- Rosberg could have won in Mexico if the stewards did their job after the first corner, I didn't notice "automatic settling for second mode" there or pressure affecting him. If anything it affected Hamilton's braking.

- Two stops, track ofc better for Ferrari than RB but small gaps. At least non existent Mercedes start problems disappeared or did they?

basti313

Vasconia wrote:
basti313 wrote:
SiLo wrote: What an epic final race that would be after three years of them battling for the title.
You are using "epic race" or "battling" in conjunction with a race at Abu Dhabi? :wtf:
Just imagine that the one who ends first wins the WC. And the second is faster during the race. It could be like a Mansell/Senna battle. :D
Does not matter in Abu who is faster. We will see an epic battle to the first corner :roll: and then Ham/Ros fans praying for a DNF. [-o<
Don`t russel the hamster!

godlameroso

The rain on Sunday may not guarantee a Mercedes victory. This could leave the championship open at Abu Dhabi. I want to see how hard they'll push each other where winning the race determines the championship. If Lewis leaves Brazil with a 6 point deficit everything becomes up for grabs and Nico has to beat Hamilton in order to secure the championship.
Saishū kōnā

Vasconia

iotar__ wrote:
- Rosberg could have won in Mexico if the stewards did their job after the first corner, I didn't notice "automatic settling for second mode" there or pressure affecting him. If anything it affected Hamilton's braking.
I dont think so, Lewis was clearly faster in Mexico. He would have regained the first position even with a penalty.

godlameroso

Actually if Hamilton is down 6 points he may just take out himself and Hamilton FTW.
Saishū kōnā

mikeerfol

godlameroso wrote:Actually if Hamilton is down 6 points he may just take out himself and Hamilton FTW.
Hamilton taking out Hamilton?? :P

godlameroso

He being Nico, I didn't feel like editing.
Saishū kōnā

SR71

mikeerfol wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Actually if Hamilton is down 6 points he may just take out himself and Hamilton FTW.
Hamilton taking out Hamilton?? :P

Still Sounds about right though doesn't it?

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:Would Rosberg fight for the win, or give it up for a safe second?
I don't think Mercedes actually will allow Rosberg to attack Hamilton, with all potential dangers involved.
At the very best, they might perform an undercut, but you can bet it'll be solid fiery hell fury if they pit nico
before lewis and then undercut him.

I think vice versa would actually happen. Dont forget they do want Lewis to maintain 'befriended' as he'll be
there next year too. They can put it on 'lewis was on another strategy and we needed to adapt to fend off the
danger of RedBull and Ferrari' so we decided to pit him early and that gave him an undercut or advantage over
nico which is why Lewis ended up first.

Nico will still come in 2nd and still can go into AbuDhabi rather confident to have that WDC. He only needs to
finish 3rd in Abu Dhabi and he'll be WDC.

I think personally, Lewis has found the edge back over Rosberg, and i think Lewis' biggest danger at this moment
really isn't either Rosberg or the RB's to guarantee a LOSS of WDC,
it's simply the reliability factor of his car.

Gearbox, combustion engine, ERS, electronics. it's all very very borderline.

Nico can permit having a DNF. Lewis CANT.

Makes me wonder.. I Lewis is leading by 2 seconds and Nico is under attack by Max. Do they give Nico the undercut?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

iotar__ wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
- That's a weird logic of 'could have', "if he was driving better". Well he didn't and it would have taken more than one good lap :? .
- I'm not buying track advantage though, it was very close in '14 and in '15, nor braking (dis)advantage (Singapore, Bahrain, Canada, Austria even Mexico for varying results).

- Two stops, track ofc better for Ferrari than RB but small gaps. At least non existent Mercedes start problems disappeared or did they?
His point was that Hamilton had the speed to win in Brazil. It is not a weak track for him like was suggested.This Hamilton cannot handle high speed turn is another silly propaganda - look how fast he is in silver stone and turkey. Nico is just another fast driver that's all. Though not as consistently fast as Lewis - he has his days when he can match and beat Lewis.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:Would Rosberg fight for the win, or give it up for a safe second?
I don't think Mercedes actually will allow Rosberg to attack Hamilton, with all potential dangers involved.
At the very best, they might perform an undercut, but you can bet it'll be solid fiery hell fury if they pit nico
before lewis and then undercut him.

I think vice versa would actually happen. Dont forget they do want Lewis to maintain 'befriended' as he'll be
there next year too. They can put it on 'lewis was on another strategy and we needed to adapt to fend off the
danger of RedBull and Ferrari' so we decided to pit him early and that gave him an undercut or advantage over
nico which is why Lewis ended up first.

Nico will still come in 2nd and still can go into AbuDhabi rather confident to have that WDC. He only needs to
finish 3rd in Abu Dhabi and he'll be WDC.

I think personally, Lewis has found the edge back over Rosberg, and i think Lewis' biggest danger at this moment
really isn't either Rosberg or the RB's to guarantee a LOSS of WDC,
it's simply the reliability factor of his car.

Gearbox, combustion engine, ERS, electronics. it's all very very borderline.

Nico can permit having a DNF. Lewis CANT.

Makes me wonder.. I Lewis is leading by 2 seconds and Nico is under attack by Max. Do they give Nico the undercut?
I don't think so. Mercedes has the WCC in the bag, so it doesnt really influence them anymore. There is a big danger when doing such a move. First of all, it's dirty to lewis, and will compromise his WDC possibilities, whilst Nico's WDC possibilities are still safe enough.
Even if Nico would finish 3rd in Brazil, he still is WDC if he comes in 2nd in AbuDhabi. Not if he comes home 3rd though, then Lewis would win by just 1 point.

If nico wins in Brazil, and Nico comes in 3rd, then Lewis will have 355 points, and Nico 364.
If lewis wins in AbuDhabi, and nico comes in 3rd, then lewis will have 380 points, and nico 379.

Either way, Undercutting lewis by Nico will have a big danger. That danger being

A) the undercut didn't work
B) lewis gets screwed by the team with no way back or to really 'defend' that move
C) you push nico into a battle with Lewis.

C ) is the honest problem there.

If they undercut Lewis by Nico, then Lewis WILL be forced to fight him. He won't give af about orders anymore as they would have doublecrossed him, so he'll attack. This can and probably will end up in tears; both Mercs out, and Max gets the win.
not a good image for Mercedes. not good at all. Meanwhile, lewis' title chances will be gone with the wind. He'll need to win AbuDhabi then and Nico may not get 6 points so 8th it is. not reasonable, so that would have to be a DNF for Nico.

Mercedes will reasonably thus NOT undercut nico whilst under threat from Max.

Max might prove to be a danger for Nico's position, but first of all, he still has to pass. second of all, his tires will go down fast behind the mercedes. And IF Max really does pass, then at the same moment, he gets under pressure from Nico's DRS and it becomes a game of swapping places.

I also rather doubt Rosberg will be within 2 seconds of Lewis and then under threat from Max.
Reality is , if the Merc has free air, it just blazes off into the sunset. When they're behind is when they are hampered.

It also remains to be seen whether it's RedBull or Ferrari who might come to 'crash' a Mercedes 1-2 party.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"