2016 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina, 25-27 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SR71

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina, 25-27 November

Rosberg Pole and lap 1 turn 1 cuts corner and gains 50m and cruises to a win.

It's only fair right since his teammate did it.....

dans79

SR71 wrote:Rosberg Pole and lap 1 turn 1 cuts corner and gains 50m and cruises to a win.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you completely missed that he gave almost all of it back before turn 4. If your gonna try and be snide, try harder!
197 104 103 7

sosic2121
sosic2121

dans79 wrote:
SR71 wrote:Rosberg Pole and lap 1 turn 1 cuts corner and gains 50m and cruises to a win.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you completely missed that he gave almost all of it back before turn 4. If your gonna try and be snide, try harder!
I don't think it matters.
For mercs, race is pretty much over after turn 1. So he "stole" only chance Nico had, and he didn't give it back.

But it doesn't matter. F1 is so disappointing anyway...

NathanOlder

As a HamFan I'm hoping Nico does cut T1, as he will do very well to cut it enough to try and gain anything. Chances are he will out of the race for smashing into the barrier on the inside of T1.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

djos

J0rd4n wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:
Without him I would still be contributing here, but unfortunately his spineless nonsense has driven me away.

It's not just bias. He can see it, you can see it, I can see it, everyone else can. It's trolling and he should have been banned a long time ago.
There are so many hardcore biased fans here, but iotar needs to be crucified?
Crucify them all. Now I'll disappear back into my cave.
Just laugh at io's posts and move on. It's fairly obvious he's about four stubbies short of a six pack.
"In downforce we trust"

notsofast
notsofast

Luck is simply a part of F1. Consider Button. Nice guy, good racer, and I'm happy for him that he won a WDC. But c'mon. A big part of the reason he got that WDC was that he was lucky to be racing for the team that essentially invented the double diffuser. The situation is not all that different with Rosberg. A lucky situation dropped in his lap, and he's grabbing the opportunity. And why not? Any other driver would do the same.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Yes. It's been said that if you win a World Championship it might be luck; it's when you win multiple championships that there's probably skill involved. Although there's always an exception *coff*Vettel*coff* to the rule.

djos

notsofast wrote:Luck is simply a part of F1. Consider Button. Nice guy, good racer, and I'm happy for him that he won a WDC. But c'mon. A big part of the reason he got that WDC was that he was lucky to be racing for the team that essentially invented the double diffuser. The situation is not all that different with Rosberg. A lucky situation dropped in his lap, and he's grabbing the opportunity. And why not? Any other driver would do the same.
At least Button was the dominant driver that year, the same can't be said for Rosberg.
"In downforce we trust"

Juzh

dans79 wrote:

Had he tried to rejoin the proper way he'd lose a lot of positions.

mclaren111

ChrisDanger wrote:Yes. It's been said that if you win a World Championship it might be luck; it's when you win multiple championships that there's probably skill involved. Although there's always an exception *coff*Vettel*coff* to the rule.
I agree. Vettel is luckiest driver in history of F1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

mclaren111 wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:Yes. It's been said that if you win a World Championship it might be luck; it's when you win multiple championships that there's probably skill involved. Although there's always an exception *coff*Vettel*coff* to the rule.
Exactly. What a time to be driving that Red Bull paired with Webber!

PhillipM
PhillipM

Seems he was a bit of a one-trick pony that could work the blown diffuser well but once it went....

Juzh

YES, another vettel bashing thread. Gotta love it. Just what I've been looking in the race thread 1 week before the race.

Juzh

GPR-A wrote:
Juzh wrote:YES, another vettel bashing thread. Gotta love it. Just what I've been looking in the race thread 1 week before the race.
Take it easy fanboy. :lol: Every driver gets subjected to criticism. Now that there isn't much to discuss, let go with this tide. But you would agree that he was thoroughly beaten in 2014 by a new bee and now getting beaten by the oldest driver on the grid, his own team member who was suppose to be a No. 2.
lol

basti313
basti313

turbof1 wrote: Ow look. A completely unbiased list from a completely unbiased person. What would we do without you, iotar.
We would have a higher percentage of posts like "I hope Rosberg's engine blows up"? However you call his posts, they have at least some sort of afford in them and do not only ooze sportsmanship.
J0rd4n wrote: Crucify them all. Now I'll disappear back into my cave.
True. Ban the non-hardcore-Ham-fans. They just suck and disturb and guys like you can come back and feel free. We are missing you. Hope you come out again when hopefully Rosberg's engine fails.
ChrisDanger wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:
Exactly. What a time to be driving that Red Bull paired with Webber!
Where is the difference with driving a Merc paired with Rosberg? I mean...we all know that Rosberg is slow and sucks and, thus, does not deserve a championship. Of course this is no difference to Vettel, but at least Vettel could beat the honorable Webber with dirty tricks.
GPR-A wrote:
Juzh wrote:YES, another vettel bashing thread. Gotta love it. Just what I've been looking in the race thread 1 week before the race.
Take it easy fanboy. :lol: Every driver gets subjected to criticism. Now that there isn't much to discuss, let go with this tide. But you would agree that he was thoroughly beaten in 2014 by a new bee and now getting beaten by the oldest driver on the grid, his own team member who was suppose to be a No. 2.
Yes, I do not think we need to discuss again, that Vettel sucks and is slow.
Don`t russel the hamster!