will Norisring become German Grand Prix F1 race as an alternate of Hockenheimring?

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
theriusDR3

will Norisring become German Grand Prix F1 race as an alternate of Hockenheimring?

Norisring is a 2nd historic street track after Monte Carlo. But Norisring F1 track must change layout because current Norisring too short for F1

FW17

Re: will Norisring become German Grand Prix F1 race as an alternate of Hockenheimring?

No

Lets go back to Hokenheim with some major modifications.

CBeck113

Re: will Norisring become German Grand Prix F1 race as an alternate of Hockenheimring?

This would be awesome, since I live about 100km away. They could combine it with Rock im Park, then they could say that 70000 people are there :-). But in all honesty, I can't see it happening - the laps would be really short (ref: DTM did 0:47.8), and massive changes would be necessary to make it safe.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

WaikeCU

I think safety standards don't meet the regulations with this circuit. I mean just imagine the start/finish straight. I could see the speeds go up to +340kph with only guardrails on both sides. To me that's way too dangerous.

Vasconia

FW17 wrote:No

Lets go back to Hokenheim with some major modifications.
Like bringing back the old layout.

Ok, let me dream a Little bit... :mrgreen:

FW17

I had some fun making this one.

Just wish I could make it for a sim and enjoy it.

Turn 1, 2 and 3 completely redesigned to be high banked

The circuit turns into the Mercedes Arena mid way through turn 4

Then proceeds back to the hair pin which is now set further back closer to the old Ost Kurve

A 1 mile back straight then takes it back to the stadium

Gerhardsa

If any track should now be considered for F`1, it is Kyalami in South Africa.
Recently Porsche South Africa bought the track and completely revamped it ( still the same layout as the 1993 GP layout...mostly)
But its ready to go with all safety features done like modern GP tracks should be.
For F1 to be completely global, you gotta have a GP in Africa.

NathanOlder

I love Norisring,

Playing it on rFactor in 1991 F1 cars! what fun! also, what a mess! many safety cars!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FW17

German GP is back for 2018; Good news but the venues are just uninspiring, wish they would redevelop Hockenheim to a high speed venue closer to the nature of the old circuit.

Malaysian GP dropped for 2018

And there is talk of a Vietnamese GP as they are interested in giving away 350 million euros, maybe a good sub for Malaysia
The Malaysian Grand Prix will be dropped from the Formula 1 calendar next year, after a joint decision was made with grand prix chiefs to end its deal early.

The long-term future of the Sepang event had been in doubt for several months, after government ministers announced last November that they would not fund an extension of the original deal that ran to the end of 2018.

The decision to not continue with F1 was based on the high costs of holding the event, allied to low ticket sales.

However, following discussions with new F1 owners Liberty Media, a deal has been reached for the contract to be terminated after this year's race – with the event being replaced by the returning German Grand Prix in 2018.

F1's managing director of commercial operations Sean Bratches said in a statement: "It's always sad to say goodbye to a member of the Formula 1 family.

"Over nearly two decades, the Malaysian Formula 1 fans have proven themselves to be some of the sport's most passionate supporters.

"As we said in Melbourne, we have big plans for bringing our global fan base closer to the sport than ever before, providing an enhanced digital experience and creating new events. We're looking forward to talking more about these plans as the season progresses.

"We will have 21 exciting events to look forward to in the 2018 calendar, with the additions of the French and German races. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Sepang International Circuit for their hospitality and professionalism over the years, and their ongoing commitment to motorsport."

Although Malaysia has not been able to make a success of its F1 race, the track remains fully committed to MotoGP – which has attracted bumper crowds and generates a profit for the circuit.
Former Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone revealed that he turned down an estimated €350-million to add the Vietnam Grand Prix to the Formula 1 calendar.

Speaking in the wake of criticism from Liberty Media regarding his ruthless methods of signing up highest bidders to host races irrespective of their motorsport pedigree, Ecclestone told the Indepedent, “Last year I was approached about having a race in Vietnam. I was offered the opportunity to meet the president about doing a deal for a Grand Prix.”

“I could have done the deal and signed it in August. Everything was arranged for this to happen but I didn’t do the deal because we already have quite a few races in that part of the world and I thought it might be a little bit over the top to have another one.”

“It hasn’t got any racing history at all. So I didn’t want to put another race in the same sort of area where we already have very good promoters. And I was criticised for putting the races in Baku and in Russia because they hadn’t got that much racing history,” added Ecclestone.

The Vietnam option to host a grand prix was also bandied about by Heineken senior global brand director Gianluca Di Tondo who said

After the Italian Grand Prix at Monza last year, Gianluca Di Tondo, senior global brand director of F1 sponsor Heineken said, “Heineken is super-strong in Europe, We were born in Europe and are a European brand – but the playground for the future is Asia Pacific.”

“Asia Pacific is a strategic area for us and having seven races around this area is fantastic and the passion for Formula 1 in Asia is tangible.”

“We are very present in Vietnam through a local partner and they were our guests in Monza and they were over the moon. So why not have a race in Ho Chi Minh City?” he added.

In 2016 Heineken signed a mulit-year sponsorship deal with Formula 1 said to be worth over $200-million.

mclaren111

Gerhardsa wrote:
15 Feb 2017, 15:36
If any track should now be considered for F`1, it is Kyalami in South Africa.
Recently Porsche South Africa bought the track and completely revamped it ( still the same layout as the 1993 GP layout...mostly)
But its ready to go with all safety features done like modern GP tracks should be.
For F1 to be completely global, you gotta have a GP in Africa.
As a fellow South African I would love nothing more than a home GP again, but the current layout (a far cry from the classic & great old track), is not suitable for F1.

It is just like / as bad as Hungary :( :(

toraabe

If there is one track I would more than welcome back is Watkins Glen.
Fantastic track, elevations fast sweeping corners and in an perfect environment :)

theriusDR3

toraabe wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 11:37
If there is one track I would more than welcome back is Watkins Glen.
Fantastic track, elevations fast sweeping corners and in an perfect environment :)
Watkins Glen never gonna to return because WGI was out of FIA membership in 1990s. F1 wants FIA-membership circuits

ESPImperium

If i was to redesign Hockenhiem it would be to go back though the woods again, we can dream.

As for Nurburgring, That will come back on when FOM/Liberty review all the contracts and award Legacy Contracts to certain nations. The owners of Hockenhiem take two years to pay off the F1 contract as it is for them for last year €42m. And until it comes below the €20m, they won't take it every year. The German GP should be shared between both tracks, its the only way for them.

As for other tracks, Watkins, Laguna and Road America would be cool, but all would require serious remodelling.

I think the next 3 years will see FOM/Liberty ditch certain tracks and make F1 a better proposition for promotors of races and more financially viable for the tracks. Unpicking the work of Bernie will be the tough part.

FW17

ESPImperium wrote:
09 Apr 2017, 11:40
If i was to redesign Hockenhiem it would be to go back though the woods again, we can dream.

As for Nurburgring, That will come back on when FOM/Liberty review all the contracts and award Legacy Contracts to certain nations. The owners of Hockenhiem take two years to pay off the F1 contract as it is for them for last year €42m. And until it comes below the €20m, they won't take it every year. The German GP should be shared between both tracks, its the only way for them.

As for other tracks, Watkins, Laguna and Road America would be cool, but all would require serious remodelling.

I think the next 3 years will see FOM/Liberty ditch certain tracks and make F1 a better proposition for promotors of races and more financially viable for the tracks. Unpicking the work of Bernie will be the tough part.

€42m is wrong, where did you get that number? That would make it one of the most expensive hosting fees.

I read it was one of the cheapest deals BE had made, some where in the region of 14 million, which the hosts were not willing to pay. I cant find the source now.
FORMULA One boss Bernie Ecclestone has waived the 14 million euros ($20 million) entry fee to allow the insolvent company which owns the Nuerburgring race track to host the German Grand Prix on July 7 (2013), according to a report on Wednesday.