2017 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, 24 - 26 March

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Pierce89

Re: 2017 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX Fri 24 – Sun 26 Mar 2017

Alonso for the win. Yes! Of course I'm joking! Everybody knows that the best driver has no hope of winning. Ain't f1 grand? As an aside, Alonso is just historically awful at picking teams.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Singabule

Shame that Alo and Ham didnt take part on ROC, should be interesting see them ride exactly same car and spice this silly season little bit. For now, even the grid is reversed there is 50% chance that MCL stop at 2nd corner.. :(

marvin78

In my opinion, picking the right team ist part of being a good driver. As is motivating the team and partners by not calling the power unit a GP2-Motor and things like that. Also i don't see any reason why one would call Alonso the best driver. He es a F1 driver, so you could say, he is one of the best and fairly competitive. He get's about 30 Million per year. So what? That's a lo of money for lying in the sun.

To set that clear: In my opinion Alonso has certain qualities that make hime one of the best and it could be, that he even is the best racer. But no one knows that for sure. What I know is, that my neighbour is a really good Doktor and that he is underpayed, compared to a part time race driver at McLarens and other drivers in F1.

ferkan

I cant understand how is Alonso best driver in F1 when Hamilton has nearly beaten him in his rookie season. He is clearly slower qualifier and in todays formula, in same car, it means you are likely gonna finish 2nd.

rekoildale

Everybody is underestimating one young valteri bottas!
I say bottas for the win and Hamilton finding more excuses why his season is starting badly.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

etusch

rekoildale wrote:Everybody is underestimating one young valteri bottas!
I say bottas for the win and Hamilton finding more excuses why his season is starting badly.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
I think and wish that Bottas will beat hamilton. Bottas looks better than rosberg and...

PhillipM

ferkan wrote:I cant understand how is Alonso best driver in F1 when Hamilton has nearly beaten him in his rookie season. He is clearly slower qualifier and in todays formula, in same car, it means you are likely gonna finish 2nd.
It's easy, he's not. He might have been at one point, but that's long gone, he was only on par with Button for the past few years at best.
He's still one of the best on the grid for dragging a car to results it doesn't deserve, but he's nowhere near the fastest - andimo he's only the best if your spectacles are a funny rose colour.

I can't see Bottas beating Hamilton in Australia barring some bad luck for Lewis - he's a late switch to a new team and he's going to take a while to settle in, besides that, Hamilton is on of the best, if not the best, on the grid for tyre management, and he gets on top of them fast, so new tyres this year pushes things further in his favour.
Mind, I'm hoping we might see a few qualifying battles mid season as Bottas does have great one-lap pace.

Pierce89

PhillipM wrote:
ferkan wrote:I cant understand how is Alonso best driver in F1 when Hamilton has nearly beaten him in his rookie season. He is clearly slower qualifier and in todays formula, in same car, it means you are likely gonna finish 2nd.
It's easy, he's not. He might have been at one point, but that's long gone, he was only on par with Button for the past few years at best.
He's still one of the best on the grid for dragging a car to results it doesn't deserve, but he's nowhere near the fastest - andimo he's only the best if your spectacles are a funny rose colour.

I can't see Bottas beating Hamilton in Australia barring some bad luck for Lewis - he's a late switch to a new team and he's going to take a while to settle in, besides that, Hamilton is on of the best, if not the best, on the grid for tyre management, and he gets on top of them fast, so new tyres this year pushes things further in his favour.
Mind, I'm hoping we might see a few qualifying battles mid season as Bottas does have great one-lap pace.
You're funny. Was it Alonso or Hamilton that actually lost a season to Button? I see no real distinction between Alonso and Hamilton, actually. Hamilton might be slightly quicker over a single lap, while Alonso might be slightly better over the course of a full race. Either way, in the same car, it works out to them being roughly capable of producing the same results. The data doesn't really show one to be better than the other.

Hamilton is only better if your spectacles are a funny Union Jack color.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

SectorOne

Congratulations, we made it all to page 4 until someone had to pull the trigger on a driver comparison argument.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

flynfrog

SectorOne wrote:Congratulations, we made it all to page 4 until someone had to pull the trigger on a driver comparison argument.
New record?

SectorOne

flynfrog wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Congratulations, we made it all to page 4 until someone had to pull the trigger on a driver comparison argument.
New record?
I believe so, yes.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Singabule

Im still hoping Ric win his home races. I love ausie driver (especially stoner). Cant imagine shoey celebration, maybe its Ham shoe!

mclaren111

GoranF1 wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 22:24
Mclaren Mercedes podium.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: