2017 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg 7-9 Jul

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

2017 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg 7-9 Jul

FIA timing and information
http://www.fia.com/events/fia-formula-o ... rmation-31

Circuit information

Tire allocation
Thanks F1NAC

2016 qualification results

2016 race results

Pole lap
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/ ... _2016.html

Weather forecast for this year's race is clear warm weekend, ambient temperature ~25c, will update by Thursday.

Last year's pole lap was a 1:07.922, but the fastest lap of the weekend was a 1:06.228, also from Hamilton. I'm guessing pole this year is in the low 1:05's, and fastest race lap will be in the 1:08's.
Last edited by godlameroso on 27 Jun 2017, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

Santozini

Re: 2017 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg 7-9 Jul

Last year HAM and ROS gave us a good show :D :D Let's hope this year HAM and VET don't disappoint :twisted:

turbof1

Santozini wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 16:26
Last year HAM and ROS gave us a good show :D :D Let's hope this year HAM and VET don't disappoint :twisted:
But... But... Think of the moderators! Would someone please think of the moderators! I can't handle any more destruction derby
#AeroFrodo

Santozini

turbof1 wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 16:28
Santozini wrote:
But... But... Think of the moderators! Would someone please think of the moderators! I can't handle any more destruction derby
Ahah, I can understand, but...

This year we're having a mighty fight between 2 of the best drivers in the history of the sport, driving for 2 of the biggest constructors of motorsports, then, we have the battle of the Finns and 2 pink panthers ready for a cat fight...and of course, to top it all off, Eddie Jordan's crystal ball...

I think this is exactly what F1 needed, personally, i couldn't ask for more!

Having a blast :D

Vasconia

turbof1 wrote:
Santozini wrote:
We are sure you can handle with this and more. :mrgreen:

A great track sorrounded by a an spectacular landscape. Classic F1 and a track/area I would like to visit someday.

Mercedes are favourite here, indeed, but I hope Ferrrari will be stronger than in Baku. Nevertheless, the pole should be for Hamilton. Will we see another FI clash? I hope not. This is anothe great track for them and a podium is something posible though difficult. They should bring many points.

ENGINE TUNER

Let's see what the FIA do with the curbs this year
Last edited by turbof1 on 27 Jun 2017, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Manoah2u

This race is gonna be epic.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

kaepernickus

Yes, can't wait for this. Will be in attendance once again after missing out last year.

TAG

turbof1 wrote:
Santozini wrote:
A scarlett letter systems I say... S

Anyway, dollars to donuts I bet we get some nice sternly worded reminder from the FiA that purposely driving your can into another driver's car will not be tolerated and will result in at a minimum an immediate DSQ with a potential for additional race ban and super license points.

But that the previous stop & go penalty was just fine. Just like what we had when a driver parks the majority of his car outside the starting grid box. Carry on.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

marvin78

TAG wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 18:50
Just like what we had when a driver parks the majority of his car outside the starting grid box.
Which was not forbidden. Neither by regulation nor by an interpretation of the rules. That's how rules and laws develop.

F1NAC

Ferrari took bunch of SS

TAG

marvin78 wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 19:00
TAG wrote:
Just like what we had when a driver parks the majority of his car outside the starting grid box.
Which was not forbidden. Neither by regulation nor by an interpretation of the rules. That's how rules and laws develop.
Neither is slowing down to give the lead car time to get enough of a gap to the SC during restarts, but that didn't seem to make a difference to a small percentage of folks did it? But I bet you won't see a strongly worded clarification of that rule from the FiA because unlike parking 3/4 of your car outside the grid box, only a guy trying to cheat through a loop hole would do it, most other drivers have enough sense and dignity not do so. So you're either breaking a rule or you're not. It can't be both.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

matt_b

Mercedes seem to have the edge in this championship going by the last 2 races and I can see it continuing...providing they click the headrest in place this time :D

marvin78

TAG wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 19:11
marvin78 wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 19:00
TAG wrote:
Neither is slowing down to give the lead car time to get enough of a gap to the SC during restarts, but that didn't seem to make a difference to a small percentage of folks did it? But I bet you won't see a strongly worded clarification of that rule from the FiA because unlike parking 3/4 of your car outside the grid box, only a guy trying to cheat through a loop hole would do it, most other drivers have enough sense and dignity not do so. So you're either breaking a rule or you're not. It can't be both.
I didn't speak of someone slowing down. That was you. I don't really care who does something unless it's against the rules.

And for no one doing the thing, Vettel did with the startbox: I'm pretty sure that no one did it because no ohe thought of it before. But I cannot look in the head of an fanboy or hater.

TAG

marvin78 wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 19:22
I didn't speak of someone slowing down. That was you. I don't really care who does something unless it's against the rules.
and I didn't say you did. you pointed out that parking 3/4 of your car outside the grid wasn't illegal, I pointed out that slowing down before a SC restarts wasn't either. But we did just see 35 pages worth of post race diarrhea from people from people that aren't nearly as reasonable as you good sir, obviously are. Putting things into perspective.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत