2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TAG

Re: 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:50
Now we know which team has the real no.1 / no.2 driver set up. That'll be the red one then...
We've always known. It's only the red misted ones that have always denied it and many still will.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

matt_b

The only other Ferrari track is Singapore, I still think Mercedes have this championship so there was no point destabilising the team for 3 points :wink:

WaikeCU

Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:56
Hamilton has definitely banked some "teammate help points" for later in the season, that's for sure. If Bottas is out of the title race later in the season he may well be asked to give up a win to help Hamilton: he'll feel honour-bound to do so now. No Multi-21 bad feelings today.
I know a guy who does not understand Multi-21 :wink:

JonoNic

matt_b wrote:The only other Ferrari track is Singapore, I still think Mercedes have this championship so there was no point destabilising the team for 3 points :wink:
Correct
Always find the gap then use it.

godlameroso

Wasn't the worst race, it's really hard to pass around here especially with these cars, Vettel must have had a rear alignment issue, rear toe must have been changing with load.

Dual points finish for McLaren, about damn time, shame Vandoorne nearly ran over the jack man and botched his pit stop. Alonso was great with that move on Sainz, and fastest race lap too. Renault had a horrible race, and I really didn't expect Force India to score here.

When Honda gets that engine where I know it should be, the other teams better watch out.
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

matt_b wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:57
The only other Ferrari track is Singapore, I still think Mercedes have this championship so there was no point destabilising the team for 3 points :wink:
Exactly. And I know Ferrari had issues, the Merc was very close. Unlike monaco. So a ferrari track and they only just got home.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Mandrake

GPR-A wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:54
AMG.Tzan wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:53
If there is a hypocrite in here it is Ferrari! Raikkonen was much faster yet they risked everything for their boy Vettel! It would have been brilliant if Hamilton had passed both of them just to see what they would have said to Kimi!
Another Austria 2002 moment for Ferrari. :lol: And this now should ensure that, no Ferrari fan should ever take moral high ground on their team's sanctity and question Mercedes!
Problem is, merc has 2 drivers in the champ, Ferrari only one. And not by order but by Kimi not performing. Wasting points on Kimi would make no sense whatsoever. Bottas on the other hand was always there to perform when Hamilton didn't. Kimi only stood a chance at the "Ferrari tracks"

TAG

JonoNic wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:55
Just_a_fan wrote:Now we know which team has the real no.1 / no.2 driver set up. That'll be the red one then...
So you wanted 1. Rai 2. Ham 3. Vett? How is that result better for Ferrari? They had an easy decision to make. Keep the order as is.
I think he means that 1. Vet 2. Rai 3. Bot wouldn't be possible without Vettel having his number one driver clause on his contract. I know it's difficult to acknowledge if you're a Tifosi/Vettel fan, but that's the way it is.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

godlameroso

matt_b wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:57
I think that there's a few tracks that favor Ferrari, Malaysia, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi all favor Ferrari, COTA, and Mexico are toss ups. Spa, Monza, Suzuka, and Brazil favor the Mercedes.
Saishū kōnā

Vasconia

[...]
Both Teams have done what it was logic. Kudos for Lewis but Ferrari needed to secure Vettels victory. Mercedes would have done the same, as anyone else.
Last edited by Steven on 30 Jul 2017, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed response to deleted post

GPR-A duplicate2

Mandrake wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 16:01
Problem is, merc has 2 drivers in the champ, Ferrari only one.
Who created those problems? What are Ferrari bound by to not let Raikkonen go? He didn't perform in 2015 either when car was decent to start with. The problem is, It's only Ferrari to blame themselves as they do not want to have 2 No.1 drivers in their camp. So, people here saying, Kimi is not performing, sounds futile.

Phil

NathanOlder wrote:
Phil wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:52
Sorry, good on Hamilton, but Bottas didnt deserve this. Neither did Vettel.

As for Mercedes: I think its more a farce having to slow down and concede a gap of over 5 seconds, than for a team to ask the slower driver to let the faster one through mid race to better their race prospects.
Bottas knows he didnt deserve it. Look at him on the podium. Vettel on the other hand , in his head "yes I did it. Im so good"

Prick.
I have to say, that is precisely what i dislike about Vettel and also Rosberg too. I think Vettel is great out of the car - superbly funny etc, but this isnt a strong trait of him.

Rosberg too. Too well the memory when Hamilton slaughtered Rosberg in Monaco only to lose the race due to a strategy blunder and Rosberg was celebrating like a rock star.

Very different to Malaysia 2013 when Hamilton was "gifted the podium" and evidently felt bad on it.

My oh my, just watching the interview with Coulthard. Vettel shouting yes and David "congratulating" him, while Kimi standing next to him feeling clearly gutted knowing he should have had it. Stark contrast to Mercedes. Sadly, this is why Ferrari will win the WDC, while Mercedes might not.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Mattyw

TAG wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:54
The difference between Ferrari and Mercedes, the difference between Vettel and Hamilton could not be made any more clear than it was today.

Vettel is a number one driver, Hamilton simply wants to be allowed to compete. Love today's results and the actions by Hamilton at the end submitting his position to his teammate.
Truth

Treble

AMG.Tzan wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:53
If there is a hypocrite in here it is Ferrari! Raikkonen was much faster yet they risked everything for their boy Vettel! It would have been brilliant if Hamilton had passed both of them just to see what they would have said to Kimi!
Lol which race did you watch? If Ferrari let Raikkonen and Vettel swapping position, Raikkonen would have won but Hamilton would have overtaken Vettel. For Ferrari the result is perfect, so great team effort and great strategy.

NathanOlder

Phil wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 16:04
NathanOlder wrote:
Phil wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 15:52
Sorry, good on Hamilton, but Bottas didnt deserve this. Neither did Vettel.

As for Mercedes: I think its more a farce having to slow down and concede a gap of over 5 seconds, than for a team to ask the slower driver to let the faster one through mid race to better their race prospects.
Bottas knows he didnt deserve it. Look at him on the podium. Vettel on the other hand , in his head "yes I did it. Im so good"

Prick.
I have to say, that is precisely what i dislike about Vettel and also Rosberg too. I think Vettel is great out of the car - superbly funny etc, but this isnt a strong trait of him.

Rosberg too. Too well the memory when Hamilton slaughtered Rosberg in Monaco only to lose the race due to a strategy blunder and Rosberg was celebrating like a rock star.

Very different to Malaysia 2013 when Hamilton was "gifted the podium" and evidently felt bad on it.

My oh my, just watching the interview with Coulthard. Vettel shouting yes and David "congratulating" him, while Kimi standing next to him feeling clearly gutted knowing he should have had it. Stark contrast to Mercedes. Sadly, this is why Ferrari will win the WDC, while Mercedes might not.
Couldn't agree more. I just feel Merc will be too strong. Lewis had the pace to challenge for pole but messed up and then had the pace in the race but for a bad start. He was way faster than Bottas and caught the Ferraris very fast, he was catching Kimi when kimi was catching seb. So it wasnt that Kimi was being held up at that point.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC