2017 Singapore Grand Prix - 1st lap crash discussion

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 Singapore Grand Prix - 1st lap crash discussion

Alonso´s start was simply AWESOME, how he drove the car in those first meters, just amazing. Too bad that his race ended so early.

Sainz had a great day too, what an awesome race by Carlos, great work.

Massa´s move was truly dangerous, he could have caused a great accident. No penalty for him?

JimiJams

Restomaniac wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 09:02
You have a very strange definition of 'swerve'. I assume then that yesterday still burns a tad.
Anyone who isn't a blind Ferrari or Vettel fan can see the truth though. You don't seem able. One can guess why.
I'm no fan boy of any team or driver I'm only interested in great racing. Look at the start that I posted again. Max initially drives towards the outside lane, next he corrects the car and drives in a straight line, then he does a quick swerve to the left putting him on a collision course with Kimi.
"Leave me alone. I know what I’m doing" - Kimi Räikkönen

LionKing

Restomaniac wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 08:24
LionKing wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 08:20
Restomaniac wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 07:56
Brundle and Hill talked about this. As they said you know when you have made a bad start.
Vettel will have known he was about to get swamped. What does he do? Go right to left and not stop until he has hit something.
Bonkers, as is anyone who tries to defend it.
so much lieing. Vettel had a worse launch but he had better acceleration then verstappen. He was just about to fully clear Verstappen and go in front of him when Kimi and verstappen made contact. Vettel did not hit anyone that is blatant lie. Kimi uncontrolled car after the first contact collected him.
He would have only 'cleared' Ves because Ves had tried to back out when he unlike Vet saw what was coming. If Rai isn't there Ves doesn't need to back out and Vet doesn't 'clear' him period. Also the best bit is what happens if Ves gets clear? Well as has been pointed out Vet was at that point looking right so that line continues and he slams into Rai.

Look I know you're upset that Vet took himself out and but try to stop laying the blame at anyone but him. Ok?
This was the first post I had done about this topic. No the reason was simple. I don't like liars.

Just_a_fan

Re: 2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 15-17 September

Vasconia wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 09:18

Verstappen tried to be first before the first corner, he failed, he was being overtaken by Kimi and Seb was still first(perhaps he could have been overtaken by Kimi as well), he should have decided that it was a better to be cautious, he wasn´t.
Yes, he tried to be first at the first corner. That's his job. That's what he's supposed to try to do from the front row of the grid! Why aren't you blaming Kimi for trying to get to the first corner first? Ah yes, because he's not Vestappen and he drives for Ferrari.

Vestappen has been a prat on a number of occasions, but Sunday wasn't one of them.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Vasconia

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 09:48
Vasconia wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 09:18

Verstappen tried to be first before the first corner, he failed, he was being overtaken by Kimi and Seb was still first(perhaps he could have been overtaken by Kimi as well), he should have decided that it was a better to be cautious, he wasn´t.
Yes, he tried to be first at the first corner. That's his job. That's what he's supposed to try to do from the front row of the grid! Why aren't you blaming Kimi for trying to get to the first corner first? Ah yes, because he's not Vestappen and he drives for Ferrari.

Vestappen has been a prat on a number of occasions, but Sunday wasn't one of them.
Verstappen did no chances to be first before the first corner. Kimi had. Anyway, all of them should have been more careful. The problem here is that Vettel did not see Kimi, he thought he was closing the door only to Max, so he thought he had enough space. Was Max aware of both Kimi and Seb being in front of him? that´s the question.

Its the classic 3 drivers trying to take a corner where no more than one(or two) drivers can pass.

siskue2005

JimiJams wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 09:23
Restomaniac wrote:
You have a very strange definition of 'swerve'. I assume then that yesterday still burns a tad.
Anyone who isn't a blind Ferrari or Vettel fan can see the truth though. You don't seem able. One can guess why.

I'm no fan boy of any team or driver I'm only interested in great racing. Look at the start that I posted again. Max initially drives towards the outside lane, next he corrects the car and drives in a straight line, then he does a quick swerve to the left putting him on a collision course with Kimi.
And why do u think Mad Max did this little stunt? #clue: a scarlet color torpedo on his right #/end clue.

Starscreamer

Vasconia wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:01
Verstappen has ruined his and Ferraris race, for me Its pretty clear. No penalty because Its the start.
Of couse you see this because your still crying that Sainz isn't in the Redbull car.
You allways bashed Verstappen if you get the change.
Stay objective next time please #-o

This is a typical race incident for me.
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

bauc

For me VET is to blame for the crash at the start, but hey what is done is done, and if Ferrari cant respond @the next race then the championship is going back to Lewis this year.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Manoah2u

this thread can go only 1 direction; neccesary lock.

all objectivity already went out the window minutes after, and well, nobody can do any good.
but to put the blame with verstappen is just seeking it.

that's like blaming Haas' for pitting Guiterrez or giving him certain tires which caused him to be in a position where Alonso came behind him last year which then saw him crash rather spectacularly.

but hey, it's like they say. Emotions come from the right, and they take priority.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Restomaniac

LionKing wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 09:26
Restomaniac wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 08:24
LionKing wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 08:20

so much lieing. Vettel had a worse launch but he had better acceleration then verstappen. He was just about to fully clear Verstappen and go in front of him when Kimi and verstappen made contact. Vettel did not hit anyone that is blatant lie. Kimi uncontrolled car after the first contact collected him.
He would have only 'cleared' Ves because Ves had tried to back out when he unlike Vet saw what was coming. If Rai isn't there Ves doesn't need to back out and Vet doesn't 'clear' him period. Also the best bit is what happens if Ves gets clear? Well as has been pointed out Vet was at that point looking right so that line continues and he slams into Rai.

Look I know you're upset that Vet took himself out and but try to stop laying the blame at anyone but him. Ok?
This was the first post I had done about this topic. No the reason was simple. I don't like liars.
Yet you pick my comment that actually isn't after all the BS posted by Ferrari fans...Hmm no bias there.

pagatti

it's very clear that VES is the victim.
He has nowhere to go except banging RAI. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Restomaniac

JimiJams wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 09:23
Restomaniac wrote:
Your not a fan boy yet you are trying to excuse Vet.Hmm...
Sorry you clearly don't know the definition of a swerve a slight course change isn't a swerve. The only reason Ves does that BTW is due to the red torpedo on his right.

Vasconia

Starscreamer wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 10:02
Vasconia wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:01
Verstappen has ruined his and Ferraris race, for me Its pretty clear. No penalty because Its the start.
Of couse you see this because your still crying that Sainz isn't in the Redbull car.
You allways bashed Verstappen if you get the change.
Stay objective next time please #-o

This is a typical race incident for me.
Errr.............what? that´s not true, but if this is the only argument you have to discuss the topic, ok.

At least we have reached the same conclusion :mrgreen:

Restomaniac

Looking back. It's clear Vet thought he was on the back foot hence his actions. That makes one wonder about his views about himself in the wet.

Does he maybe know deep down that the likes of Ham and Ves have his measure in the rain?

NathanOlder

Max had to jump left because of Vettels aggressive move. He then could only hope Kimi would do the same, he didnt and thats what happens. Kimi probably didnt see seb coming, max had no time or space and Seb didnt kimi was there. Thats why its classed a racing incident, Seb initiated it all and neither max or kimi can be blamed.

Lets move on, and look forward to Malaysia where Ferrari really are on the back foot now, so lets see how they react.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC