2017 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, 6-8 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, 6-8 October

Ferrari tends to improve a lot from Friday to Saturday, so I guess it woud bad from them if there is rain on Friday and dry the rest. They have also stated to have sufferd from bad set-up due to the lack of running(Monza).

Mercedes has usually a fast car from the very beginning, a lack of running would only hurt tem if they have problems with the tyres and consequently need more running to find a good set-up.

ChrisDanger

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/sospi ... 60888/amp/

Sospiro di sollievo per la Ferrari: il cambio di Vettel è salvo!

Or somethng like:

Sigh of relief for Ferrari: Vettel's gearbox is alright!

The most thorough checks carried out at Maranello excluded the possibility of damage to the transmission after incident with Lance Stroll after the checkered flag in Sepang, so there will be no penalty.

Sevach

That is one tough gearbox.

TAG

ChrisDanger wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 16:46

Or somethng like:

The most thorough checks carried out at Maranello excluded the possibility of damage to the transmission after incident with Lance Stroll after the checkered flag in Sepang, so there will be no penalty.
That's actually encouraging to hear. Maybe Suzuka gives me my god dammed race!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Restomaniac

Sevach wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 16:48
Indeed. I'm amazed by that.

WaikeCU

A gearbox change or a grid penalty would kill this championship and hand it to Lewis. Luckily it's indestructible and no penalty has been handed after what happened in the last two races!

Stormy

Helmut Marko says RB now has the best chassis on the grid. Suzuka will perfectly demonstrate whether that's true or not. It will also be interesting to see if Merc's problems continue.

Phil

Chassis does not equal package, so we will see how that will stack up against both the Ferrari and Mercedes...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

siskue2005

ChrisDanger wrote:

Or somethng like:

I am wondering now, as i read that the gearbox was packed and sent straight to maranello soon after the race. But who polices this gearbox? how can the FIA know if they have not changed anything without any one noticing. I am not accusing anyone, just interested to learn how this is kept legal.

Restomaniac

siskue2005 wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 17:50
ChrisDanger wrote:

Or somethng like:

I am wondering now, as i read that the gearbox was packed and sent straight to maranello soon after the race. But who polices this gearbox? how can the FIA know if they have not changed anything without any one noticing. I am not accusing anyone, just interested to learn how this is kept legal.
I believe the FIA use seals which only they have. A broken seal proves tampering.

siskue2005

where are these said seals? just curious to know

Restomaniac

siskue2005 wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 17:56
where are these said seals? just curious to know
Not totally sure on that score. I imagine one of our more technical bods on here will know.

I do know they exist as it was stangely enough Ferrari who deliberately broke one on Massa's car to get a grid penalty to get Massa out of Alonso's way on the grid.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/11/ ... x-penalty/

Phil

I’d assume the seals are in spots where you would open the gearbox? Hence, open the casing and the seal breaks?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

matt_b

Vasconia wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 16:06
Ferrari tends to improve a lot from Friday to Saturday, so I guess it woud bad from them if there is rain on Friday and dry the rest. They have also stated to have sufferd from bad set-up due to the lack of running(Monza).

Mercedes has usually a fast car from the very beginning, a lack of running would only hurt tem if they have problems with the tyres and consequently need more running to find a good set-up.
Couldn't agree more, this is a pattern seen all through the season =D>

Manoah2u

Restomaniac wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 17:12
Sevach wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 16:48
Indeed. I'm amazed by that.
i find that fairly not believable really, and im not at all conspiracy tinfoilhat believer by any means,
but this has screaming disbelief over it like crazy.

the frigging wheel was tipped over to the other side completely. :lol:

so you're really wanting to tell me that vettel slams the LEFT side of the car , with the rear wheel first, into the WALL in SINGAPORE during Qually, and people including vettel himself worry about the possibility that there is damage for the race, then vettel has a violent crash at the start with his teammate, where his entire car is open on all sides leaking stuff and fluids, and then he gets a race under his belt in malaysia, and gets SLAMMED by the side by stroll's williams which had nothing - indicating the Ferrari took ALL THE FORCE, and then despite the LEFT wheel being thrown over to the right, the suspension BROKEN, and Vettel hopping that car a few feet further, that gearbox is STILL intact and undamaged?

seriously, FIA needs to hire FERRARI's heads that been working on that gearbox and let them make a new monocoque and halo all in completely as they can make some seriously amazing indestructible stuff.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"