Monaco GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
wowf1

Michael did that on purpose! No doubt. Did you see the line he took into Rascas? Completely different to normal. Run shuey, run, cos manchild is coming to get you.....

Principessa

I hope Alonso has an amazing start tomorrow!
Did you see Mark Webber! He looked like the invisable man on track today, but he did amazing job by placing his car 3rd :wink:

NickT

:evil: Definately, its not the first time either :evil: Bar steward :evil:
NickT

joseff

Michael WTF@#^%$&^@!!!!??!?!?!?!?!!!????!!??

Seriously, they need to boot him down to 22nd!

manchild

I'm not surprised at all, that is so typical for him. That is how he became F1 "ubermensch".

I already worte a comment here viewtopic.php?t=2757

NickT

manchild wrote:I'm not surprised at all, that is so typical for him. That is how he became F1 "ubermensch".

I already worte a comment here viewtopic.php?t=2757
:evil: Not just typical Michael but typical Ferrari, smells very strongly of short ugly Frenchman with no sense of fair play :evil:

:evil: After what they did to JV last month, Michael needs at least being relieved of his top 3 fastest laps :evil:
NickT

Jason

If I were Max, I would have booted Michael down to 22nd to join his teamie Felipe. :evil: Curse you Schumacher!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

DaveKillens

Well, we knew qualifying was going to have it's share of controversy, this one is a doozer. Now to await the steward's decision on Michael, and look forward to another controversial and exciting action filled Monaco.
I've giving even odds on SA, at least one of their cars won't make it past the first corner. Massa would be smart to start from the pits, and give himself room from the crazies in front of him.

Jason

I must say in the second session DC almost gave me a heart attack when blast his way to 4th, he almost gave me a heart attack.

Tom

At first I suspected foul play but then I saw the replay. The line through Rascas was utterly abnormal, if he had locked a wheel as suggested surely he would have entered the corner wide. I don't think 22nd is a fair punishment for that manouver though, no, he should be kicked out of the race.

I must congratulate the ITV commentators though, they managed not to shout out that this machiavellian sod had cheated but instead suggested it later.

Extract from Alessandro Zanardi's autobiography during the early 90s in F3000. Michael knocked Allessandro and fellow title competitor Angelelli off the road but took himself out aswelll on the first lap of the last race, their championships now over:
Michael realised that the race wasn't going to be stopped so he jumped in the car, parked in the middle of the track, took the steering wheel off and left. That way the race was forced to be stopped.
Schumacher won the restart but was disqualified because he changed from Volkeswagon to Opel engine handing Zanardi the European title.

16 years and hes hardly changed!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

Tom wrote:Schumacher won the restart but was disqualified because he changed from Volkeswagon to Opel engine handing Zanardi the European title.
That's the greatest technical cheat of all times! I guess someone would dare to say that he didn't know that engine was from the different manufacturer? :roll:

Tom

The way it was discovered was also interesting (to me anyway).
[Catella] went to Michael and asked asked him in clumsy English: 'Can I have a photo of you, the new European champion, next to your car?'
Unfortunetly the engine details were unclear so he had to ask for another photo 'just alitttle to the right.'

They showed the Stewards and he was out.

Ironicallly Zanardi later became Michaels teammate at Bennneton as test driver, Schumacher had presumably forgot the incident two years before.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens

Well, Fisi got slapped by the stewards for blocking COulthard, but still no news if they are going to do anything about Shu. Sounds like no news is good news for Shu.
Sadly for the spirit of sportmanship, he will escape formal punishment by the FIA.
But the starting grid is interesting, with both Mclarens in the hunt, I wonder if they can escape from fading into obscurity. Webber is a fantastic third, giving Williams a sold boost in having a competitive car. Reubens is well ahead of his wonderboy teammate, Jenson. DC has once again shown that he's far from retired, with a great qualifying effort.
It's going to be a very interesting start, and the outcome is very unknown.
I just wonder how many cars will finish this unforgiving and punishing circuit.
Gonna be fun to watch.

Jason

I can smell a Fernando vs' Kimi today....and a angry Schumi at the back. Back to topic, heres what I found. Wurz aslo saying that its unforgivable.
http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html

Tp
Tp

I hope Schumacher wins..err wait that's not right. I would prefer it if Webber wins than Alonso, for the championship sake and also for the fact that Williams are long over due for a win- they deserve it.