Monaco GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tom

Uttermost congratulations to Coulthard, also well done to Monty and Alonso. All three were lucky but I reakon Alonso would have won whatever, Juan Pablo proved to me that he is not so hot headed with a conservative but fast race, and DC, just kept his head down and stayed out of trouble while others didn't.

Giancarlos move on David at the chicane, a little close to the bone but it was nice to see some overtaking action. Your thoughts?

Wish I was going to Silverstone again, might still make it. Why would anyone want to miss seeing the twenty two fastest guys in the world to watch 22 hair brained donkeys dance around a pitch for 90mins? Doesn't make sense?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Sknguy-

I forgot to mention. I'm gonna email F1 and ask them not to make drivers wear rediculous superman capes while being awarded trophies by Royaly, as FIA rule number whatever. Geez. Poor Coulthard.

LoRdVaMPz

i think kimi had a real chance of winning today ...but the SC completely ruined his strategy ....n webber had an outside chance ....but as we all know u need good driver good car n decent amount of luck to win the WDC .....and renault seems to have all of those now....

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/3119

This is the news of the day :P I wonder if he will do it :P

McLaurin

very nice:)
i believe i can fly *plons* :d
David Coulthard is the best !!!!!

Principessa

http://www.f1technical.net/news/3122

Never thought he'd do it in front of all those camera's! It was probably for the best though that he put on a cape :P

manchild

f1.redbaron

^ Isn't he brilliant? It was funny watching him walk so casually, with his helmet on.

But the funniest moment was when camera showed him out of his suit, just relaxing with his friends...The message to McLaren was very clear: "F*** you, all!"

manchild

Indeed! He's the king of coolness under unberable pressure :wink:

Only perhaps pissing to pull out fire on Mercedes engine would have send them a better message :lol:

Scuderia_Russ

You can't help loving Monaco... makes me want to be somewhere nice and sunny!!! Some strong drives from Raikkonen, Webber, Schuey and Fissi.
Button needs to have a serious sit down and start talking to his team by the looks of things. Stop moping around and crack on with it! Easy for me to say I suppose but it's hard to defend the guy with weekends like that.

Gutted for Webber and Raikkonen. I honestly think that things might have been a bit different if the good old Merc hadn't melted swallowing Alonso's hot air.

Loved Raikkonen going off to get pissed, D.C.'s cape......... and where the hell do I get some Superman overalls from?!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

DaveKillens

When Kimi exited his burning car, he didn't even return the steering wheel, he just left it off. Considering the car was on fire, I guess he won't be penalized for that. But in every sense of the way, he just walked away from another broken McLaren. He was in great position to challenge for a win, he he worked hard, and his car, once again, broke on him. I'd be pissed too, and I wonder if he will even return Ron's calls for a few days.
It isn't even half way through the season, but I expect Kimi has had it, and just drive the McLaren until the end of the season to end his contract. If Ron Dennis had any chance of retaining Kimi after '06, it just went up in smoke today.

FLC
FLC

I must say that I'm really starting to believe that Alonso has made the biggest mistake of his life by signing for McLaren. Even tho I have a lot of sympathy for that team I think Newy and Tombazis' diparture is going to show even more next year. But I guess that's a subject for a new thread.

vyselegend

Just realised today was the 30 th win for Renault! :P

And back to KR, who have the last word for engine management through the race? The engineers or the drivers?

Apparently in Renault it is Dennis Chevrier who decide when the engine can rev more and when it must be turned down, and it doesn't seem to be allowed to discuss these "orders", but team orders are banned, and I think the driver is officialy the one who choose if he pit or not when a problem occurs (remember Monza last year, it was Montoya who had the choice to go for the win or pit for a new tyre). I wonder if it is Kimi or Mac Laren who decide to push that hard, because Montoya seemed more conservative.(and it isn't the first time.)
Also I reiterate my unansweared question of precedent post, please anyone remember if KR was on a new engine or not today?

FLC
FLC

I'm pretty sure he was on a new engine.