2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Vasconia wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:02
Verstappen and Hamilton will collide.
Driver's championship is over and this isn't "2017 Championship Permutations" thread either ! :lol:

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 15:01
Vasconia wrote:
Driver's championship is over and this isn't "2017 Championship Permutations" thread either ! :lol:
Just two aggressive drivers being generously aggressive and giving us some fun. :mrgreen:

George-Jung

Is it gonna rain?

Master class rain racing between Hamilton and Verstappen, now that would be fun!

cplchanb

Shrieker wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 13:53
Vasconia wrote:
Verstappen and Hamilton did collide actually last race. Let's not call it 'collide' and be so dramatic, since it was only a slight contact which removed a very small part of Hamilton's wing. Which unfortunately ended up causing Vettel to ram Hamilton from behind :)
I hope its sarcasm youre talking about...at no point did ham veer right when vet hit him. he was straight on the curb and although he did lose a bit of wing it was all vet when he swung into ham

dans79

Vasconia wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 17:08
Just two aggressive drivers being generously aggressive and giving us some fun. :mrgreen:
I don't consider open wheeled cars bouncing off each other fun!
197 104 103 7

drunkf1fan

cplchanb wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 18:26
Shrieker wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Verstappen and Hamilton did collide actually last race. Let's not call it 'collide' and be so dramatic, since it was only a slight contact which removed a very small part of Hamilton's wing. Which unfortunately ended up causing Vettel to ram Hamilton from behind :)
I hope its sarcasm youre talking about...at no point did ham veer right when vet hit him. he was straight on the curb and although he did lose a bit of wing it was all vet when he swung into ham
Someone posted both the first few laps and the last laps of 2008 Brazil recently, I really don't know where people get this idea that a car slowing infront turns into automatic contact from behind. Half of everyone defending Vettel goes on about how hamilton slowing was somehow a major issue that made contact effectively unavoidable, same with understeer/oversteer suggestions.

The start of 2008 was interesting but most I'd say watch the first three corners, so many cars close, slow and accelerate within basically inches of the car ahead. It's happened for almost all races, there is constantly people slowing more than you think they normally would, it's standard practice in F1 for a driver to be able to anticipate and react exceptionally quickly to the car ahead slowing slightly or not accelerating as fast as normal.

More over, Vettel could see Verstappen coming across, I knew it was going to happen, anyone with half a brain knew Verstappen was going to close the door. Hamilton certainly knew that door was closing so why is Vettel absolved of responsibility when he had more time to react and think about what Verstappen/Hamilton would do. I think he deserved a penalty, deliberate or not it's bad driving that took out a driver ahead of him and severely impacted his race.

The guy you quoted says that Hamilton/Verstappen contact unfortunately caused Vettel to hit Hamilton but it's just crazy, at best Vettel's inability to anticipate what is going on around him at caused yet another collision in frankly a lengthening list of easily avoidable incidents in the past few years around Vettel. At worst he did do it on purpose, either way cars ahead slow or accelerate slower than expected, cars with far less time to react avoid collisions at every race start, it's funny to me that Vettel constantly ends up in incidents from failure to anticipate effectively.

Baku, Singapore and Mexico all just this year which cost Vettel himself a bunch of points but also cost Hamilton Verstappen, Kimi points. For one year that is a crazy number of serious incidents and yet because the FIA are weak fools he has no reason to alter his behaviour, the weak penalty and let off with an apology in Baku just tells Vettel that he can keep driving this way. For me same way massa repeatedly turns in on people yet still thinks it's fine because the FIA never punish him for it.

ChrisDanger

Can we keep discussion of last week's incident in last week's race thread?

Thanks.

GrandAxe

For this race and the next, since the WDC and WCC are done as well as current spec engines being of no further use, I expect the constructors to both wheel out 2018 bits and fully unleash their beasts. It could turn out a spectacular show of speed and blow outs.

Shrieker

cplchanb wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 18:26
Shrieker wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
For the record, I though (and said) in the heat of the moment that he did it deliberately. But that would be just stupid for a driver that still had his chance -albeit slight- for the wdc. I think it was just a lapse, or he was being sneaky. Either way he should've been penalized. It looks like WWE was oozing again in the decision process. I hope the americans don't fvck F1 up .
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Shrieker

I think Vettel should've been penalized solely on the grounds that he ruined what might've been a great race between 3 top drivers a la Germany 2011.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ChrisDanger

Shrieker wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 22:13
I think Vettel should've been penalized solely on the grounds that he ruined what might've been a great race between 3 top drivers a la Germany 2011.
This is the Brazil race thread.

Vasconia

dans79 wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 18:36
Vasconia wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 17:08
I don't consider open wheeled cars bouncing off each other fun!
I do, its part of this sport. I prefer if they don´t collide and the battle is close but clean, but those incidents are part of the sport, and add some extra excitement and controversy. Both are good in their proper measure.

digitalrurouni

Man that qualifying lap onboard just frazzled the mind. I love racing this track in the F1 sims. Here's hoping for an epic last 2 races though I think now that the championships are over only one who will be super hungry to win would be Max. So I am not going to expect too much from the 'quality' of races. There's really nothing to fight for.

garygph

digitalrurouni wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 13:58
So I am not going to expect too much from the 'quality' of races. There's really nothing to fight for.
With respect I not think you comprehend the psyche of racing drivers

digitalrurouni

garygph wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 14:09
digitalrurouni wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 13:58
So I am not going to expect too much from the 'quality' of races. There's really nothing to fight for.
With respect I not think you comprehend the psyche of racing drivers
You are probably right! I did say Max would be more driven than the others!