2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Vasconia wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 16:59
Restomaniac wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 15:59
digitalrurouni wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 15:55

I agree. His crash was very weird. Brain fart?
I don't know. It's very strange to see the backend try and overtake the frontend in mid-corner like that.
To quote Brundle 'I bet it surprised him'. Yes IMHO I bloody bet it did. The onboard was strange as there was no over-correction or any strange steering at all. It just suddenly went bye-bye with the only possibility being that it was due to a down-shift.
He was too agressive and the tyres were cold. Those cars have more downforce but when you lose it, you simply lose it. It was a driver mistake. Like Schumacher used to say, "I only make a mistake per season, today I have already done it".
Hamilton said afterwards that it was his fault.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Restomaniac

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 10:13
Vasconia wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 16:59
Restomaniac wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 15:59
I don't know. It's very strange to see the backend try and overtake the frontend in mid-corner like that.
To quote Brundle 'I bet it surprised him'. Yes IMHO I bloody bet it did. The onboard was strange as there was no over-correction or any strange steering at all. It just suddenly went bye-bye with the only possibility being that it was due to a down-shift.
He was too agressive and the tyres were cold. Those cars have more downforce but when you lose it, you simply lose it. It was a driver mistake. Like Schumacher used to say, "I only make a mistake per season, today I have already done it".
Hamilton said afterwards that it was his fault.
Oh no doubt it was Hamilton's fault. I still bet it surprised the hell out of him though as there were no warning signs.

PlatinumZealot

The floor bottomed out on him because the tyres were not warm enough.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

henry

Naughty, naughty tyres.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus