2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mandrake
Mandrake

Re: 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

foxmulder_ms wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 20:08
iotar__ wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 15:48
NathanOlder wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 14:36
Sure you are allowed 2 wheels over the white line, but the fact remains that over the white line is off track, and if Lewis went wider, It would mean Max pushed Lewis off track, and thats not allowed in that situation.
- "Not allowed" meaning my favourite driver was pushed? Hamilton sent Rosberg off (two wheels) in USA, Canada and Japan. I guess that was allowed? A. pushing off was secondary, B. you don't need two wheels for it to be illegal (imagine sand :roll: or a wall, kerb is enough) C. It was a case of causing collision if anything but good luck with Whiting even touching that.

- The only important part is that it was a clumsy, low skills attempt:
* jump, outbrake yourself late and at an angle you can't take a corner quickly enough with the other car on the outside
* notice the other car inside (Alonso), no second option, panic, although I suspect it would be easier (space) but simillar in terms of angle/pace without it
* panic steer left (partially forced, you can't take a corner without slowing down/losing advantage, example Hungary '17)
* overtake through collision/game of chicken not skills, survive or not, it was no different to three overtakes through collision in Monza '17, Abu Dhabi vs Hulkenberg start, Singapore '17 or some others.

Enough about that. What's the point of fake unsafe release penalties? That was as unsafe as it can be and the cost is zero. Stop pretending Charlie Whiting.
Dude, you are wrong.

If you follow the racing line then the guy outside has to back off, otherwise you are pushing the guy off the track.

Vetappen is miles away from the racing line, he is intentionally cutting Lewis off. And, Lewis actually behaved too well if you ask me, he could have defen his line more aggressively, he went to the furthest left without leaving the track limits. What else do you expect from him??? Vetappen just kept pushing him further and further. KARMA is goood. :)
Well, who of Hamilton and Verstappen is closer to the racing line? Hint: It's not Hamilton. So by your def he should have backed off ;)

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

George-Jung wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 09:28
Hahaha.. you guys are funny man.

Senna is concidered to be the best of all time- sure as hell that he would be supporting Verstappen.
Probably not if he were driving against him.

Senna had two sets of rules. One set for himself, another that applied to everyone else.

ian_s

Mandrake wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:54
Well, who of Hamilton and Verstappen is closer to the racing line? Hint: It's not Hamilton. So by your def he should have backed off ;)
Verstappen was intentionally pushing Hamilton away from the racing line and off the track, so Verstappen should have left more room.

from what i saw though, Verstappen was going faster than both Alonso and Hamilton, if he'd stuck closer to the racing line, closer to alonso and not made contact, he stood a chance of overtaking them both at the same time.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Thank god most of you are not race controle.. the bias is strong here.

NathanOlder

George-Jung wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 11:41
You talking to yourself again George ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

bonjon1979 wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:22

Good point about the two wheels thing. It’d be interesting to hear what the actual definition of leaving a cars width is. Is it to the edge of the track? Or beyond? It kind of has to be to the white line surely? Otherwise could you imagine how dangerous it could be on a high speed part of the track, you can push them off beyond the white line and onto the grass/Astro?

It is the white line. And to leave a car width means 200cm between Verstappens car and the white line. It was just an error on Max's behalf. It was only his own race it wrecked, so no harm done. Lets just move on to China.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

It was not, it was just a turn in move of refusal by Lewis. Lets just move on to China.

dans79

George-Jung wrote:
We all know what your bias would be if you where race control......
197 104 103 7

CBeck113
CBeck113

Sieper wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:47
It was not, it was just a turn in move of refusal by Lewis. Lets just move on to China.
I missed the new rule that says "Every other driver not named Max Verstappen must make room, and give up their track position immediately, to anyone named Max Verstappen, because he will crash otherwise, and there is a chance that you will be taken out of the race as well, so just do Max a favor and leave the track when he approaches you, even under yellow flags and non-race conditions, just to be sure".

#-o

Edit for spelling
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sieper

that rule does not exist, nor is there a rule that allows you to to say George jung is talking to air, then restating your OPINION on what happened and then closing the case and moving on to china, that is just rude and uncalled for.

someone else's opinion:

https://thejudge13.com/f1/latest-on-lew ... dick-head/

We all have our opinions, like the well known disclaimer we all have to have one, right.

NathanOlder

very true, but opinions can be wrong at times.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

of course! they can, and in all honesty, all opinions mostly are, you (one) bases them on your own perception, previous experiences etc. To be totally sure on what happened here you have to be able to know what each driver was thinking when they made their decisions. I feel I know Hamilton well enough and you feel you know Verstappen well enough to judge that.

Now you are usually very strong in thinking that your opinion is closest to facts, but remember anothers opinion is also valid, no need to stamp on them "talking to air", closing the discussion by telling them to move on (which I agree it is high time for).

so lets just do that, on to China.

marvin78
marvin78

Every opinion here is based on the facts we have. And, unfortunately, we not very much of that facts in most of the cases. We have less facts than needed to build real opinions. I for one think, that discussions about F1 would end if they were only allowed if there where enough facts to build an opinion. So it's just playing around. Nothing more.

George-Jung
George-Jung

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:38
George-Jung wrote:
You talking to yourself again George ?
I do think I am not qualified to be one.

Because I would have handed Hamilton a penalty, which would be incorrect- due to the fact it was a racing incident.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Mandrake wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:54
foxmulder_ms wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 20:08
iotar__ wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 15:48
- "Not allowed" meaning my favourite driver was pushed? Hamilton sent Rosberg off (two wheels) in USA, Canada and Japan. I guess that was allowed? A. pushing off was secondary, B. you don't need two wheels for it to be illegal (imagine sand :roll: or a wall, kerb is enough) C. It was a case of causing collision if anything but good luck with Whiting even touching that.

- The only important part is that it was a clumsy, low skills attempt:
* jump, outbrake yourself late and at an angle you can't take a corner quickly enough with the other car on the outside
* notice the other car inside (Alonso), no second option, panic, although I suspect it would be easier (space) but simillar in terms of angle/pace without it
* panic steer left (partially forced, you can't take a corner without slowing down/losing advantage, example Hungary '17)
* overtake through collision/game of chicken not skills, survive or not, it was no different to three overtakes through collision in Monza '17, Abu Dhabi vs Hulkenberg start, Singapore '17 or some others.

Enough about that. What's the point of fake unsafe release penalties? That was as unsafe as it can be and the cost is zero. Stop pretending Charlie Whiting.
Dude, you are wrong.

If you follow the racing line then the guy outside has to back off, otherwise you are pushing the guy off the track.

Vetappen is miles away from the racing line, he is intentionally cutting Lewis off. And, Lewis actually behaved too well if you ask me, he could have defen his line more aggressively, he went to the furthest left without leaving the track limits. What else do you expect from him??? Vetappen just kept pushing him further and further. KARMA is goood. :)
I cannot believe some of you can think that it can be Hamilton's fault. At the moment of the crash it was actually Hamilton passing Vestappen not the other way around. Vestappen positioned his car in a bad place because there was a slow Alonso on the racing line which gave Hamilton a nice chance and he would have past Vestappen outside, ham was next to Vestappen, gaining. To prevent the overtake, Vestappen tried to push Hamilton off the track. It is so clear. Seriously... Watch the video!!!