2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Phil

Re: 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

At the end of the day, all of you can discuss the point in circles until you turn black... it still wont change that:

- Hamilton survived the incident without damage and went on to finish 3rd

- Verstappen did not survive the incident and DNF.

On top of that, the stewards decided not to punish or reprimand either driver.

Who was the moral victor from that incident? Who will likely take more care next time in a similar encounter?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Sieper

The real victor was Ham, kept on driving and Ver was out. If this also equals moral victory I don't really think so, I don't think Ver is intimidated in the slightest whilst I do feel Ham was affected "dickhead" "no respect shown". but then again, these might just be mind games by Ham (more likely) and next time around we will see a hard fight again. I expect it.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 10:45
I am pretty sure I do, This was a squeeze, Verstappen was far enough in front and at the exact moment Hamilton decided to make the extra turn-in there was still some room left (easily the 20cm needed)
As I expected you don't understand the difference. Go watch Max's on board, and you will see over half way though the turn max isn't ahead, he is maybe 10 to 20 cm behind. Max doesn't get ahead till Lewis starts backing out, because he doesn't want to end up like Max's teammate in Hungary last year.

Squeezing someone out is what happens after you have passed the apex and are starting to put the power down and you are say half a car length in front. Then you can take the racing line and squeeze the other car out.

Max had already hit and cleared Lewis before he started to put power down. So no, that wasn't a squeeze, that was pushing someone off the track. Anyone who can't tell that was a push and not a squeeze should never be allowed to go racing, not even in go-karts........
197 104 103 7

Sieper

Lewis doesn't back out at all, he turns in (with a sharp extra move) watch for Lewis' white glove:

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/740426 ... head_.html

Max was in front, a squeeze is a squeeze even if you choose not to accept it as such.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 16:38
Lewis doesn't back out at all, he turns in (with a sharp extra move) watch for Lewis' white glove:

Lol you call going from this to about 3/4s behind in less than a second not backing out. Seriously, never go racing you wil be nothing but a hazard to everyone around you!

Sieper wrote:
Max was in front, a squeeze is a squeeze even if you choose not to accept it as such.

It would be a squeeze if Max had been significantly ahead in the screen grab above.He wasn't however, so it was a push to pretty much everyone who isn't blind, biased, or not knowledgeable about racing.
197 104 103 7

Sieper

I promiss I will never go racing. Why the constant insults, does that improve your arguments?

dans79

Sieper wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 17:03
I promiss I will never go racing. Why the constant insults, does that improve your arguments?
I'm not insulting you, I'm pointing out the extreme flaws in your logic. If I was insulting you, it would be a lot more unpleasant.
197 104 103 7

santos

Max tried, but Max failed... Hamilton didn't do anything wrong and came home with points. Max came home with a DNF. Can Max afford another batle and risk another DNF?

foxmulder_ms

dans79 wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 16:56
Sieper wrote:

Lol you call going from this to about 3/4s behind in less than a second not backing out. Seriously, never go racing you wil be nothing but a hazard to everyone around you!
https://image.ibb.co/dWzeK7/ahead.jpg

Sieper wrote:

It would be a squeeze if Max had been significantly ahead in the screen grab above.He wasn't however, so it was a push to pretty much everyone who isn't blind, biased, or not knowledgeable about racing.

This screenshot tells everything you need to know. Crystal clear.

Sieper

dans79 wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 17:10
Sieper wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 17:03
I'm not insulting you, I'm pointing out the extreme flaws in your logic. If I was insulting you, it would be a lot more unpleasant.
I am already experiencing it as quite unpleasant, you lard your messages with judgment (lol, seriously, you should never race, you must be kidding) it seems al so superfluous to me. just discuss the point (like with the picture) and simply describe on what you base the judgment. That to me is much more powerful. You will much sooner win me over with actual discussion then with sneers. The sneers do have an effect, but not a very positive one.

I actually do agree that at the point of the picture it would have been much more clear-cut if Max was already in front there, but a fraction later he already is (see my super slomo) and you can clearly see Hamilton also making an extra steering move, a sharp one, that is also a fact. That is why it is a racing incident only, Max was not so far in front (the moment of your pic is already well into the corner) that you can say Lewis had no right to do that, or vice versa, the move was controlled enough (from Max) not to warrant a penalty.

George-Jung

dans79 wrote:
...so it was a push to pretty much everyone who isn't blind, biased, or not knowledgeable about racing.
Ok.. So basically everyone who doesn’t agree with you..?

George-Jung

Sieper wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 17:25
..... you can clearly see Hamilton also making an extra steering move, a sharp one, that is also a fact.
No, you’re wrong about this one- that was the hand of God.. you can ask Mr. Maradona all about it :wink:

Sieper

George-Jung wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 17:27
dans79 wrote:
...so it was a push to pretty much everyone who isn't blind, biased, or not knowledgeable about racing.
:mrgreen: I am not blind (check that one of) I am biased (that one can't be checked of) I wouldn't say I am very knowledgable onracing as a whole, half check.

so 50 / 50 but still disagreeing about the push vs squeeze with Dans79.

George-Jung

Sieper wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 17:33
George-Jung wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 17:27
dans79 wrote:
:mrgreen: I am not blind (check that one of) I am biased (that one can't be checked of) I wouldn't say I am very knowledgable onracing as a whole, half check.

so 50 / 50 but still disagreeing about the push vs squeeze with Dans79.
So did race control 8) (disagree with Dans79)

RZS10

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why there's no driver specific threads on the forum :lol:

(someone asked why there's none recently)