2018 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 14-16 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2018 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 14-16 September

They say luck evens its self out over a season, and Lewis has suffered a gearbox penalty in Bahrain. A breakdown in Q1 in germany and a breakdown in the Austrian Grand prix.

All that to Vettels 0 problems.

If that evens its self out, Lewis will end up nearly 100 pts in front!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Jolle

NathanOlder wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 00:31
They say luck evens its self out over a season, and Lewis has suffered a gearbox penalty in Bahrain. A breakdown in Q1 in germany and a breakdown in the Austrian Grand prix.

All that to Vettels 0 problems.

If that evens its self out, Lewis will end up nearly 100 pts in front!
Like I said before, it’s the championship this year between the reliable driver vs the reliable car.

dans79

dfegan358 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 23:32
Can’t say for certain Mercedes was best by far at Monza. We can for sure say Hamilton was faster than Räikkönen.

We got no idea at all of Vettels true pace as he suffered damage on first lap and was always compromised from them on.
you cannot sit in another cars dirty air for as long as Lewis did without your car either having a tremendous amount of pace in reserve, or being way way better on the tires.

Vettel started P2 instead of P1 so at least on ultimate pace he wasn't any faster than Kimi!
197 104 103 7

Sierra117

dans79 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 07:17
dfegan358 wrote:
Can’t say for certain Mercedes was best by far at Monza. We can for sure say Hamilton was faster than Räikkönen.

We got no idea at all of Vettels true pace as he suffered damage on first lap and was always compromised from them on.
you cannot sit in another cars dirty air for as long as Lewis did without your car either having a tremendous amount of pace in reserve, or being way way better on the tires.

Vettel started P2 instead of P1 so at least on ultimate pace he wasn't any faster than Kimi!
I would like to add that Lewis actually had some damage from the contact as well and therefore was slightly compromised too (nothing serious but it was there).
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

LM10

Sierra117 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 07:32
dans79 wrote:
dfegan358 wrote:

I would like to add that Lewis actually had some damage from the contact as well and therefore was slightly compromised too (nothing serious but it was there).
By 0.01?

siskue2005

Sierra117 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 07:32
dans79 wrote:
dfegan358 wrote:

Yes , their pit strategy video they mentioned about damage to front part of the floor near the bargeboards... which might have cost him a quater to half a tenth per lap.

Restomaniac

dans79 wrote:
dfegan358 wrote:

It was strange to hear Hamilton report that his tyres were fine whilst sitting in Raikkonen’s dirty air. To then see the state of Raikkonen’s soft tyres whilst Hamilton’s looked fine was doubly puzzling.

Have Mercedes focused totally on tyre life in the lastest updates?

siskue2005

Restomaniac wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 08:15
dans79 wrote:
dfegan358 wrote:

It was strange to hear Hamilton report that his tyres were fine whilst sitting in Raikkonen’s dirty air. To then see the state of Raikkonen’s soft tyres whilst Hamilton’s looked fine was doubly puzzling.

Have Mercedes focused totally on tyre life in the lastest updates?
They have brought something on suspension side to monza...which they think might have solved their traction problem.......which might give them lesser wheel spin and good tyre life

Or it could just be track specific

GrandAxe

Rain differentiates quality drivers. Good wet performance is not luck to anyone, just a display of superior ability.
Apart from Lewis, another driver that pops up when its wet is Pierre Gasly. Red Bull have got themselves a gem in that lad.

F1Krof

What's the weather situation for the weekend?
Wroom wroom

aral

I have had to remove a number of posts , and yes, there may be more that should be removed. These have been totally off topic and have descended into fanboy arguments, the Italian GP, luck, wet weather etc etc.
Please read the title of the thread and restrict your comments to the race.

Jackles-UK

Back on topic ...

Apparently the track distance has been shortened by 2 metres after “realigning” turns 16 & 17. Any ideas what that means in real terms?

Also mentions new asphalt being laid at six different corners including turn 1 and the high-speed turns 5 and 23.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13865 ... k-for-2018

Vasconia

It Will be different in comparison to last year. I expect Mercedes to be stronger and closer to Ferrari, while RB won´t be that strong, at least like in Monaco. For me it looks that qualy Will be great because the top-three should be closer to each other.

And yes, I think Vettel must win. Hamilton is being very solid and the Mercedes has an amazing realiablity. So I don´t expect a DNF but who knows...

mkay

Vasconia wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 14:20
It Will be different in comparison to last year. I expect Mercedes to be stronger and closer to Ferrari, while RB won´t be that strong, at least like in Monaco. For me it looks that qualy Will be great because the top-three should be closer to each other.

And yes, I think Vettel must win. Hamilton is being very solid and the Mercedes has an amazing realiablity. So I don´t expect a DNF but who knows...
Vettel is the only top driver who hasn't had a mechanical DNF this season...