2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nevill3

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

]

The stearing wheel display is showing an N indicating that the car is in Neutral and I am sure I could hear the engine idling
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Just_a_fan

Juzh wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 21:23
MtthsMlw wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 21:02
https://twitter.com/wbuxtonofficial/sta ... 2697953283
Why can't you hear it on the onboard?
this guy is hamiltons boyfriend, always has been
:shock: #-o :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Manfer

nevill3 wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:03
https://imgbb.com/
]

The stearing wheel display is showing an N indicating that the car is in Neutral and I am sure I could hear the engine idling

Watch the video Juhz posted a few pages back. You can see the engine rpm go to zero. Also there is no way you cannot hear an F1 engine rev. Even at idle those things are loud.

LM10

nevill3 wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:03
https://imgbb.com/
]

Since when is Neutral Position alone indicating that the engine is running?
Look at the upper part, no lights showing any revving. In N position there should be one green light.

LM10

proteus wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 21:58
LM10 wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 21:52
nevill3 wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 21:43

I watched it with headphones on and you can clearly hear the engine running and if you look carefully at the steering wheel there are still items on the display
I think it's enough to look at the steering wheel. The lights on the upper part which show how much the engine is revved up shut off completely. When in idle, you can normally see just a single green light on the left side.
Maybe they simply refer that he did not switch off his engine before he rolled on the scales. I dont know how sensible they are, maybe they get shot by engine vibrations alone. The car had the engine running when he drove on the cells. If only one cell was shot, it could mean that computer cant or wont take the proper reading and fall into an error.
Yea, I also think that.

search

yesterday the FIA sent out a reminder to the teams about the in-lap speed by the way:

"In order to ensure that cars are not driven unnecessarily slowly on in laps during and after the end of qualifying or during reconnaissance laps when the pit exit is opened for the race, drivers must stay below 1m12s between the Safety Car lines shown on the pit lane map."

https://www.fia.com/file/74747/download?token=bnCnqbA6

So I guess this will be tough for Sirotkin and Magnussen to get around a penalty for this

nevill3

I thought the lights were there to indicate when to change gear not as a rev counter, on the F1 website video I can clearly hear a burbling sound during the weighing but also I do hear what appears to be the MGUK starting the engine again!!!! Elswhere on the web they are saying Ferrari are saying he only used electric engine to move the car

Mattchu

I`m pretty sure the issue isn`t whether Seb turned his engine off when already on the scales, it`s the fact he should have killed the engine before being pushed onto the scales.
Add to that he shouldn`t have fired up the engine while on the scales [again he should have waited till he was pushed off], this is what apparently damaged the scales...

What if the weight scales were damaged before a reading could be taken. Could be similar to accidentally driving past when called in to be weighed.

The drivers do know this but because of the situation (potential for rain, out of qualy), Seb wanted to get the process done as quickly as possible. I don`t think the FIA will like the fact he drove straight at the guy moving the cone, imagine if he`d clipped his ankle!
Probably just a hefty fine to pay for the scales :wink:
Last edited by Mattchu on 10 Nov 2018, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

nevill3

search wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:22
yesterday the FIA sent out a reminder to the teams about the in-lap speed by the way:

"In order to ensure that cars are not driven unnecessarily slowly on in laps during and after the end of qualifying or during reconnaissance laps when the pit exit is opened for the race, drivers must stay below 1m12s between the Safety Car lines shown on the pit lane map."

https://www.fia.com/file/74747/download?token=bnCnqbA6

So I guess this will be tough for Sirotkin and Magnussen to get around a penalty for this
But it was raining so they could plead extenuating circumstances, lets hope we get no further grid penalties at all this weekend

wesley123

siskue2005 wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 20:56
why was sirotkin running so fast on his out lap?
He needed the heat in the tires
he was trying to get ahead of Lewis
Considering the distance that was between them, why would he ever do that? There was literally zero reason to do such a thing
hence the speed differential and Lewis only saw him last minute hence the incident........
That doesn't really matter.
and neither driver lost any time on that particular lap
Considering Sirotkin had a tire on the grass, had a less ideal line and was overtaken and very close behind into T1, he definitely lost time there.

Hamilton should have gotten a penalty for this, whether it was intentional or not, the move was incredibly dangerous. The sole reason he didn't get penalized was because they both were of an outlap.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

MtthsMlw

Mattchu

Seems like a sensible conclusion all round, that could well be a first for the FIA, I`m sure "some" will still find grievances though :roll:

nevill3

:oops: I guess I need my hearing checked!! Or maybe it was the safety car sat near the scales, I think they leave th engine running on that #-o

subcritical71

Mattchu wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:32
Seems like a sensible conclusion all round, that could well be a first for the FIA, I`m sure "some" will still find grievances though :roll:
Only grievance I have is that some were calling FIA bias before a decision was even reached. Using the same false logic does that must now mean the bias is to help Ferrari, no? :wtf: :roll: