2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
proteus

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

This is becoming dangerous now. Both Vettel and Hamilton should have got penalties for their behaviour today. Other drivers did get them trough the season, for even less dangerous actions. And its all due to the constructors title. It just shows how rest of the field is practically worthless to the FIA, and how faked the F1 has become. There should be no tolerance for dangerous behaviour of any driver, no matter where is his position in the standings.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

basti313

Only grievance I have is, that there is no video "of the scales being thrown out behind the car". :D
Don`t russel the hamster!

zac510

proteus wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:40
This is becoming dangerous now. Both Vettel and Hamilton should have got penalties for their behaviour today. Other drivers did get them trough the season, for even less dangerous actions. And its all due to the constructors title. It just shows how rest of the field is practically worthless to the FIA, and how faked the F1 has become. There should be no tolerance for dangerous behaviour of any driver, no matter where is his position in the standings.
It's been this biased since the 80s! (possibly longer but I'm not that old).

FrukostScones

proteus wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:40
VET should have been DSQed from Qualifying. (VET recently told ABMS that he doesn't have amental coach...ffs he should hire one ASAP, this silly beahavior from him is just embarrassing now).
HAM should have gotten 6 place grid penalty.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Shrieker

FrukostScones wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:50
For what ? Blocking someone on their out lap ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

FrukostScones

Shrieker wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:52
FrukostScones wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:50
For what ? Blocking someone on their out lap ?
running someone off the road
causin 2 time near crash. 2x3 slots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYi5qIj2VCg
Sirotkin looks actually intentional... he looks into the mirror and bang.
lol, prob trying to teach some respect :arrow: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13996 ... n-nearmiss

subcritical71

Seems some are more upset about this than Sirotkin, probably because they were not there;
“To be honest, nothing I’m not angry with him. I needed to push that lap to get my tyres. It was all a bit unplanned where we were and we could not put the tyres in the blankets between the runs so we were massively down on temps.

“Basically that out-lap was as quick as my any other lap, almost. I was properly flat out, I was coming through the very quick left-hander there, and he was stopping to prepare his lap.

“I went on the left, not even hoping that he would let me go because he was so slow and I was coming so quickly and then in the last minute he saw me and tried to avoid me.

“He gave me the racing line but I was already on the left so I had to pass through the grass and basically my lap was ruined after that.

“But he’s a champion, he knows what he’s doing and didn’t change my position at the end of the day. But it’s a good day in general,”

FrukostScones

good diplomat Mr. Sirotkin ...
but does it make sense what he says ; )

nevill3

I like Sirotkin's input, it shows that he understands that mistakes happen, there was no willful intent on either parties side and no one was hurt in the incident.

Kimi's response too shows the same level of understanding, he realised that Hamilton was going slower and made the decision to go left, under normal situations Hamilton would have been on the left of the track and Kimi would have passed to the right but Kimi came up behind him just where the track opens up on the left for the pit exit which meant Hamilton appeared to be in the middle of the track .

The media's headlines of Hamilton accusing Sirotkin of disrespect are just sensationalism, If you read Hamiltons actual comments or hear his words you get the true story.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Shrieker

FrukostScones wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:53

running someone off the road
Lol, k.
Last edited by Shrieker on 10 Nov 2018, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

NathanOlder

Id like to add that it was only meters from the final turn which is a place where you really don't expect another car on an outlap to overtake you. If someone passed you going in to the final turn (proper turn where you need to brake) then your lap is wrecked unless you can repass before T1 which is what Lewis did.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

i70q7m7ghw

LH didn't impeed, SS and Williams didn't protest. It was an honest mistake.

SV trying to run over an FIA official? On purpose? How did he get away with that...

i70q7m7ghw

wesley123 wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:28
Hamilton should have gotten a penalty for this, whether it was intentional or not, the move was incredibly dangerous. The sole reason he didn't get penalized was because they both were of an outlap.
But that's what the rule is for? i.e. the penalty is for wrecking someones lap, SS wasn't on a hot lap so no rules broken.

Ironically, he moved because he was trying to avoid wrecking someones hot lap which would have got him a penalty. Maybe they should just scrap the rule alltogether? i.e. if there's traffic on your hotlap, overtake it.

Mansell89

What’s the likelihood of rain during the race time tomorrow guys and girls?

My simple app is suggesting 40%, anyone got a trusty guide?

LM10

Diesel wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 00:09
LH didn't impeed, SS and Williams didn't protest. It was an honest mistake.

SV trying to run over an FIA official? On purpose? How did he get away with that...
Trying to run over an FIA official on purpose? :roll:

Do you even read what you're writing there? I mean.. I don't even know how to react to it. :lol: So, let me ask.. did Vettel try to run off an FIA official on purpose, but didn't manage to do it because he confused the brake with the throttle? =D>