2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jambier

Re: 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

Let's see.

I assume Ferrari will be comfortably ahead of Red Bull when then will sort out there issues.
Question is: When will they ?

yelistener

SiLo wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 10:44
I think this will suit Ferrari more than Melbourne, but there are still plenty of lower speed traction zones leading onto straights. If they have the same issues as Melbourne they will lose anything they gain in the higher speed corners.
I think since last year's summer upgrade, Ferrari has been no longer better than Mercedes at low speed zones.

And Ferrari loses to Mercedes last wknd on pretty much every part of the track.

dxpetrov

Jambier wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 12:39
Let's see.

I assume Ferrari will be comfortably ahead of Red Bull when then will sort out there issues.
History of last 10 years shows different picture.
When both sorted, RBR had a faster car.

TAG

Sector 1 Mercedes, Sectors 2 & 3ish Ferrari. We may get Hamilton Bottas version of Hamilton Rosberg 2014.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A

zibby43 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 08:46
Which brings me to my next point, being on the second row in Bahrain isn't nearly as bad as being on the second row in Melbourne.
Draggy cars, slower on the straights, bigger DRS effect and if the changes expected out of front wing simplification works and helps following easier, then this track should be loaded with overtakes. That would take away the difficulty of starting from 2nd or 3rd row.

GPR-A

dxpetrov wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 13:12
Jambier wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 12:39
Let's see.

History of last 10 years shows different picture.
When both sorted, RBR had a faster car.
The same "Best chassis" thingy. On one hand, they claim they have recovered all the downforce and on the other, they say, they have too little downforce. If that was the level of downforce they had last year too, then how does that make their car "Best chassis" last year? Delusional, to say the least. They have turned out to be another McLaren story. If Honda is behind by 10 hp, which is one tenth, then RB15 chassis is behind by 0.75 of a second compared to Mercedes on chassis, based on Melbourne quali.

History also shows that Ferrari is the most successful team of all time, Williams second and McLaren are the third best. If only History can provide loads of downforce to the cars.

Capharol

GPR -A wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 14:47
History also shows that Ferrari is the most successful team of all time, Williams second and McLaren are the third best. If only History can provide loads of downforce to the cars.
I don't wanna doubt your thoughts on Ferrari, Williams or/and McLaren

but be honest you can't compare these 3 with a Red Bull that started in 2005, while the others started in the 30's, 70's or 60's
Ferrari and Williams and McLaren has such a History as no other team has, but a team that won WDC, WCC after 5 years of entering isn't that bad either

GPR-A

Capharol wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 15:34
GPR -A wrote:

but be honest you can't compare these 3 with a Red Bull that started in 2005, while the others started in the 30's, 70's or 60's
Ferrari and Williams and McLaren has such a History as no other team has, but a team that won WDC, WCC after 5 years of entering isn't that bad either
Not sure if you got what I meant. The reference that I gave, was to highlight that, history bears no impact on where things are now. In the current context of, whether Ferrari can be competitive in this very race, the chances are, they probably are going to get back to Winter Testing type of performance mode, IF THEY sort out the issues. For that, the other guy said this, "History of last 10 years shows different picture. When both sorted, RBR had a faster car". It has been ages since Red Bull won a title and the glory of those days, doesn't necessary guarantee that RBR can sort their current state and get back at front for the next race. That was the point.

I get it that, the guys might be an RBR fan and that is why he got excited. I am an Adrian Newey fan too, that doesn't necessarily mean you ignore the contextual and practical realities and the challenges around that.

dxpetrov

GPR -A wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 16:05
Capharol wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 15:34
GPR -A wrote:

Not sure if you got what I meant. The reference that I gave, was to highlight that, history bears no impact on where things are now. In the current context of, whether Ferrari can be competitive in this very race, the chances are, they probably are going to get back to Winter Testing type of performance mode, IF THEY sort out the issues. For that, the other guy said this, "History of last 10 years shows different picture. When both sorted, RBR had a faster car". It has been ages since Red Bull won a title and the glory of those days, doesn't necessary guarantee that RBR can sort their current state and get back at front for the next race. That was the point.

I get it that, the guys might be an RBR fan and that is why he got excited. I am an Adrian Newey fan too, that doesn't necessarily mean you ignore the contextual and practical realities and the challenges around that.
If you haven't seen that RBR had a better car on average in last 10 years, which is my basis not believe they will have worse in this year, then we have been watching different series and no point to discuss delusional thoughts no further.

Jambier

GPR -A wrote:

The same "Best chassis" thingy. On one hand, they claim they have recovered all the downforce and on the other, they say, they have too little downforce. If that was the level of downforce they had last year too, then how does that make their car "Best chassis" last year? Delusional, to say the least. They have turned out to be another McLaren story. If Honda is behind by 10 hp, which is one tenth, then RB15 chassis is behind by 0.75 of a second compared to Mercedes on chassis, based on Melbourne quali.
Agree with you, as often =D>

End of 2018, Marko was already claiming they had recovered the downforce
Before Australia, that it was the best red bull car ever, the most expensive one
And since years, claiming they have the best chassis

By end of 2018 season, they actually had a good chassis, capable of challenging Ferrari.

Now, they change their engine, they claims it's perfect and powerful... and we can see how good their chassis is :mrgreen:

For now I think they are a little bit further than 2018. Which is quite normal, integrating a new PU
But then, I think they will be... were they belong, third team, winning some race, but always missing a bit of performance to challenge titles

dxpetrov

Jambier wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 16:36
GPR -A wrote:

Before Australia, that it was the best red bull car ever, the most expensive one

By end of 2018 season, they actually had a good chassis, regularly beating Ferrari.

Now, they change their engine, they claims it's perfect and powerful... and we can see how good their chassis is :mrgreen:

For now I think they are a little bit further than 2018. Which is quite normal, integrating a new PU
But then, I think they will be... were they belong, third team, winning some race, but always missing a bit of performance to challenge titles
Let me correct this for you.. You're welcome.

Jambier

dxpetrov wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 16:43
Jambier wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 16:36
GPR -A wrote:

By end of 2018 season, they actually had a good chassis, regularly beating Ferrari.

Let me correct this for you.. You're welcome.
So you mean that Honda engine is still behind the Renault ? :D

GrandAxe

Pole shoot out:

1. Lewis
2. Bottas
3. Max
4. Gasly/Vettel
5. Vettel/Gasly
6. Leclerc
7. Kimi
8. Grosjean
9. Hulkenberg
10. Lando

Ferrari's position is based on two weeks being too short to fix aero and tyre problems. There is no evidence that they have fundamental engine problems.
Last edited by GrandAxe on 20 Mar 2019, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

marvin78

So it is not getting better this year. Childish behaviour in every race thread. Not worse a look. And I Did it yet again.

Capharol

can we get back to the Topic of Bahrain GP instead of comparing who was better in the last decade(s)