2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
izzy

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

roon wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 10:46
izzy wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 10:30
saviour stivala wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 09:39
Brundle belongs to a certain section of the media and is well known for his ‘impartiality and where his interests lays!!!’ but now the problem is he didn’t say that of what we would have liked to hear/read.
The problem is he's an influential person and it's a very stupid, macho idea
For comparison... What sort of ideas does wearing a yellow helmet invoke?
Yellow helmet? But he is prone to striking attitudes isn't he, stating the obvious and being a bit knowing, but not being really up to date. I much prefer it when PdR does it or Ant

LM10

komninosm wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 06:28
LM10 wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 00:54
komninosm wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 00:31

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Belgian_Grand_Prix
His retirement was overshadowed by that of Jenson Button at the hands of Sebastian Vettel; on the approach to the Bus Stop, the Red Bull driver was spotted weaving aggressively behind the 2009 World Champion. He ran too deep into the corner and lost control, effectively throwing himself into a spin whilst still travelling in a straight line. In a collision similar to his collision with Webber in Istanbul, Vettel's inevitable trajectory saw him make contact with Button. Vettel was able to pit almost immediately, but the damage to Button's McLaren was catastrophic, destroying his sidepod, and with it his radiator. Vettel was subsequently handed a drive-through penalty – his second in as many races – for causing an avoidable accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVqyxgXxlmc
(Vettel making mistakes, and crashing into others like a pro)

Does not matter if you have control or not as long as the mistake is yours that made you lose it (as long as someone else didn't push you).
How long did you search for this Wikipedia article which btw does not include any official ruling and hence does not debunk what Rosberg told? #-o

By sending that unnecessary and totally off-topic YouTube video you've shown me which sort of fan you are, at least, thank you for that! =D>

I told the matter is done for me.
How is it unnecessary? Because it opposes your view?
How does it not include any official ruling? Vettel was penalized for that as it says.
How is it off topic? It relates to exactly what you mentioned of Rosberg in last post, as you even allude to in your previous sentence...
How long did I search? Are you just trying to troll? Is that even an argument?
I've shown you what a fan I am by showing a video of Vettel crashing into Button? Are you for real? You didn't know from my other dozens of posts that I am the kind of fan who despises Ferrari lies and hypocrisy and that of many of their fans and their behavior?
If the matter is done for you... then STOP replying.
Jeez!
It's unnecessary because it was a different incident. Vettel crashed directly into Button.
The video obviously does not include any official ruling, it just tells what stewards decided that day. The reason we've been discussing the incident in Canada day in day out is that one side tells the penalty was ok and the other part tells it wasn't. If we declare every single decision by the stewards to be true then we can pack up and go home, like Brundle told. That's why the video you've shown me about a steward's decision in 2010 has absolutely zero influence and doesn't prove anything.

You've shown me what kind of a "fan" you are not by sending that video, but by what you wrote under the link.

Now, I'll STOP replying, don't worry and have a good day. :)

erudite450

roon wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 09:23
komninosm wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 06:32
Wow, Brundle has gone full retard.
Yeah, let's throw all the rules out. Block with as many moves you want (not just one per straight, that's not dangerous is it? just block whatever) , just crash into the opponent he don't care, he just want the "show".
He don't care about facts and safety and fairness, can't overtake, just hit the guy up front and cause DNF or force through, whatever.
/sarcasm.
Wow Brundle really lost it, and I lost all respect to him with this idiotic incite-full comment.
The steering angle comment is a reference to the Jolyon Palmer-esque instant-replay enabled perfect hindsight that the stewards have access to these days. He experienced a time when not every move was held under a microscope, nor when every millisecond was recorded perfectly for careful review, nor when every moment was instantly available across an internet playing videos on demand at 0.25x speed. He's not retarded nor has he 'lost' anything for making these remarks.
F1 is not the only sport where every incident is viewed under the microscope. We're living in the 21st century and I'm surprised Martin Brundle doesn't recognise that yet. Times change and we can't continue to live in the past because of some people's nostalgic allegiance to the past.

Scorpaguy

...I wonder which racing series would draw the most fans/followers, one ran by Brundle or one ran by some the posters herein?

I believe both sides of this argument have merit...and I believe neither on either side will convince the other of anything. Let us move on to the next race.

PS...and next year bring back unlimited formulas, refueling, tire wars, ground effects, etc. :D

TAG

Didn't Brundle get hit with a penalty in Monaco 2016?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

NathanOlder

LM10 wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 23:44
dans79 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 19:34
LM10 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 19:19
You know, I'm perfectly okay with the penalty of Vettel as long as the reason for it is told to be him giving Hamilton less than a car's width after having control of his car again. The point of when he had control is crucial. One side tell it was right after he rejoined the track and I tell it was after he needed to correct the oversteer. Once it was corrected, one car's width was gone already.
none of that matters, because the rule says nothing about when you regain control, only how you re-entered the track!
Are you sure? This is what Rosberg told: "If out of control all the time whilst squeezing Lewis then no penalty. As you don’t get penalty for making a mistake going off and sliding back onto the track even if you end up hitting someone."

But whatever, the matter is done already. :)
So you believe its ok to hit someone is your out of control?

Am I reading you right!?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dans79

nothing that comes out of Brundle's mouth surprises me, he is slowly becoming the old driver comic relief.
197 104 103 7

GPR-A

dans79 wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 16:55
nothing that comes out of Brundle's mouth surprises me, he is slowly becoming the old driver comic relief.
He is just an eyesore on video and a load of rubbish on audio. Brundle and Johnny have past their due date by a decade at least.

Carl Mccoy

Was there ever a worse supplier of tires in F1 than Pirelli. Looking at their attitude in F1, I would never buy their road tires. Recently, Pirelli cried that the banking corner in Zandvoort will be very difficult for their mediocre tires.

Phil

You know that these tires are built towards a spec that F1 as a sport wanted and demanded, right?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

izzy

Carl Mccoy wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 20:50
Was there ever a worse supplier of tires in F1 than Pirelli. Looking at their attitude in F1, I would never buy their road tires. Recently, Pirelli cried that the banking corner in Zandvoort will be very difficult for their mediocre tires.
But if you go back to previous eras the long-lasting tyres didn't help the racing. For example 2005 when there were basically 2 good races and in Imola nobody could get past and Schumacher was stuck in the fastest car in 12th until various things like refuelling happened. And then they could follow at like .75s and the aero is twice as bad now!

If we had these mythical Bridgestones the racing wouldn't even exist. With no refuelling we depend on the tyres almost completely, with undercuts, overcuts and deltas. And not only in the races - Mercedes can engineer their car to work them and Haas can't, Ferrari and Red Bull are engineering like mad to catch up, that's how F1 should be afaic. And in Indycars they're always going on about the Firestones, just the same

And on road tyres Pirelli are standard fit on McLarens and it won't be because they're cheap

Pirelli do what they're told, and they get a lot of crap for it, but imo we owe most of the actual racing to them

LM10

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 16:47
LM10 wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 23:44
dans79 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 19:34

none of that matters, because the rule says nothing about when you regain control, only how you re-entered the track!
Are you sure? This is what Rosberg told: "If out of control all the time whilst squeezing Lewis then no penalty. As you don’t get penalty for making a mistake going off and sliding back onto the track even if you end up hitting someone."

But whatever, the matter is done already. :)
So you believe its ok to hit someone is your out of control?

Am I reading you right!?
No, it’s not. Just wrote Rosberg’s claim.

erudite450

izzy wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 21:27
Carl Mccoy wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 20:50
But if you go back to previous eras the long-lasting tyres didn't help the racing. For example 2005 when there were basically 2 good races and in Imola nobody could get past and Schumacher was stuck in the fastest car in 12th until various things like refuelling happened. And then they could follow at like .75s and the aero is twice as bad now!

If we had these mythical Bridgestones the racing wouldn't even exist. With no refuelling we depend on the tyres almost completely, with undercuts, overcuts and deltas. And not only in the races - Mercedes can engineer their car to work them and Haas can't, Ferrari and Red Bull are engineering like mad to catch up, that's how F1 should be afaic. And in Indycars they're always going on about the Firestones, just the same

And on road tyres Pirelli are standard fit on McLarens and it won't be because they're cheap

Pirelli do what they're told, and they get a lot of crap for it, but imo we owe most of the actual racing to them
Once in a while you come across an objective F1 fan who doesn't remember the past with rose-tinted glasses :)
Good analysis mate!

izzy

erudite450 wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 21:35

Once in a while you come across an objective F1 fan who doesn't remember the past with rose-tinted glasses :)
Good analysis mate!
well i was 5 at the time and i watched it again a couple of months ago, so it's not so difficult for me :)

ringo

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

Wolf is saying Vettel will get even more penalities if Ferrari try and have the penalty overturned.
I think i know why. Vettel's petulance lead him to break parc ferme rules after the race.
For Sure!!