2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
izzy

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

ringo wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 23:39
Wolf is saying Vettel will get even more penalities if Ferrari try and have the penalty overturned.
I think i know why. Vettel's petulance lead him to break parc ferme rules after the race.
yes it can only go one way can't it, and also it'd probably bring the telemetry into it. At the moment about 2/3 of fans seem to think Sebi couldn't help it, Ferrari should quit while they're ahead

Dazed1

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Carl Mccoy wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 20:50
Was there ever a worse supplier of tires in F1 than Pirelli. Looking at their attitude in F1, I would never buy their road tires. Recently, Pirelli cried that the banking corner in Zandvoort will be very difficult for their mediocre tires.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pire ... s/4473270/

turbof1

ringo wrote:
Wolf is saying Vettel will get even more penalities if Ferrari try and have the penalty overturned.
I think i know why. Vettel's petulance lead him to break parc ferme rules after the race.
I'm not entirely sure that he broke parc ferme rules. He did park up the car in parc ferme, just not on the podium spots he should have done. What he certainly broke, was the podium rules.

Again correct me if I am wrong if he actually did break parc ferme rules, but the difference between that and podium protocol cannot be overstated. Breaking parc ferme rules will net you an exclusion from the session; breaking podium protocol probably leads only to a fine. They might be able to punish him harder if he is deemed to have brought the sport into disrepute, but that's really stretching it and I don't think that is going to happen.

But he did technically followed parc ferme regulations. Parked the car at the specific place for none-podium finishers, and got himself weighted. I did first had the impression he skipped the weighting, but after reviewing the race I did noticed that conclusion was wrong and he got himself weighted. It's very peculiar to see he was that angry, that furious, yet still thinking logically and thinking about the parc ferme rules.

IMO, they shouldn't punish him further. It was good fun, brought some excitement into F1. Some drama can never harm your marketing.
#AeroFrodo

NathanOlder

turbof1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 08:39

But he did technically followed parc ferme regulations. Parked the car at the specific place for none-podium finishers, and got himself weighted.
But he finished on the podium :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

turbof1

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 08:54
turbof1 wrote:

But he did technically followed parc ferme regulations. Parked the car at the specific place for none-podium finishers, and got himself weighted.
But he finished on the podium :lol:
You have to enter your car in parc ferme to abide the par ferme rules. I don't think it is specified you breach parc ferme rules by not putting your car on the "podium parc ferme'.

I smell he wanted to go for a touch of irony in there. "you want to penalize me on a technicality? Then here is a technicality for yourself." Even though this not any serious behaviour anymore, I can appreciate this outwitting.
#AeroFrodo

NathanOlder

Nah, he just wanted a shorter walk to the office then overshot his braking zone.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

turbof1

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 09:11
Nah, he just wanted a shorter walk to the office then overshot his braking zone.
I do appreciate the attempt there, but I still have to give it to Vettel :lol: .

I also loved his walk through the garage of Mercedes. He was really looking for a "here I am, b*tches. What you want huh?" impression, but instead everybody straight up ignored him there.

Vettel needs a hug, you can just feel he needs that.
#AeroFrodo

SiLo

Whilst I can understand why Vettel was annoyed, I think his behaviour afterwards was childish and not befitting of a 4x world champion. That was the perfect time to be the bigger man and he chose to throw his toys out of the pram.
Felipe Baby!

izzy

SiLo wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 10:42
Whilst I can understand why Vettel was annoyed, I think his behaviour afterwards was childish and not befitting of a 4x world champion. That was the perfect time to be the bigger man and he chose to throw his toys out of the pram.
It was a pity because most of the time he's pretty classy with what he says out of the car. it was so like Baku 2017, and kind of a defensive rage, to deflect from the mistake he'd made. and it was such a mistake, so desperate for that win and he throws it away! And in Canada, scene of 2011 :shock:

Big Tea

He also interfered with the 'official' 1-2-3 designation signs, this probably has a sting too.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

Big Tea wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 14:09
He also interfered with the 'official' 1-2-3 designation signs, this probably has a sting too.
Although it would appear it doesn't matter. Vettel does what he wants and seems to get away with it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

ringo

turbof1 wrote:
ringo wrote:
I'm not entirely sure that he broke parc ferme rules. He did park up the car in parc ferme, just not on the podium spots he should have done. What he certainly broke, was the podium rules.

Again correct me if I am wrong if he actually did break parc ferme rules, but the difference between that and podium protocol cannot be overstated. Breaking parc ferme rules will net you an exclusion from the session; breaking podium protocol probably leads only to a fine. They might be able to punish him harder if he is deemed to have brought the sport into disrepute, but that's really stretching it and I don't think that is going to happen.

But he did technically followed parc ferme regulations. Parked the car at the specific place for none-podium finishers, and got himself weighted. I did first had the impression he skipped the weighting, but after reviewing the race I did noticed that conclusion was wrong and he got himself weighted. It's very peculiar to see he was that angry, that furious, yet still thinking logically and thinking about the parc ferme rules.

IMO, they shouldn't punish him further. It was good fun, brought some excitement into F1. Some drama can never harm your marketing.
I remember in 2008 when Hamilton won the championship, Mclaren was so paranoid for their driver they made sure he went right into the weigh room as he came out of the car. I believe there is some rule where you cannot leave parc ferme before being weighed. You must go directly to weighing after coming out of the car. Correct me if i am wrong.
As a driver can leave, do something dubious and return to be weighed.
For Sure!!

marvin78

All this talk sounds like: We need drivers with character and stuff, but under no circumstances, this maybe Driver x or y. Get your heads straight and than start to discuss.

Big Tea

It became highlighted at that time because a driver in another series had metal bars dropped in his overall pockets and got doused in water before the weigh-in and it seemed he would not have made the weight without this. It seems to have cooled off somewhat since that time though.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TAG

turbof1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 09:15
Vettel needs a hug, you can just feel he needs that.
I spit out my coffee.

I'll throw in a head pat and a there there.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत