2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bonjon1979

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

turbof1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 08:39
ringo wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 23:39
Wolf is saying Vettel will get even more penalities if Ferrari try and have the penalty overturned.
I think i know why. Vettel's petulance lead him to break parc ferme rules after the race.
I'm not entirely sure that he broke parc ferme rules. He did park up the car in parc ferme, just not on the podium spots he should have done. What he certainly broke, was the podium rules.

Again correct me if I am wrong if he actually did break parc ferme rules, but the difference between that and podium protocol cannot be overstated. Breaking parc ferme rules will net you an exclusion from the session; breaking podium protocol probably leads only to a fine. They might be able to punish him harder if he is deemed to have brought the sport into disrepute, but that's really stretching it and I don't think that is going to happen.

But he did technically followed parc ferme regulations. Parked the car at the specific place for none-podium finishers, and got himself weighted. I did first had the impression he skipped the weighting, but after reviewing the race I did noticed that conclusion was wrong and he got himself weighted. It's very peculiar to see he was that angry, that furious, yet still thinking logically and thinking about the parc ferme rules.

IMO, they shouldn't punish him further. It was good fun, brought some excitement into F1. Some drama can never harm your marketing.
I thought you have to proceed directly to parc ferme to be weighed and that you weren't allowed to go anywhere else until that was done because of the danger of being slipped weights or removing weight or whatever you might do. Maybe that rule has changed now driver weight is treated independently from car? Also, is leaving car at the end of the pitlane in parc ferme?

He also didn't abide by the post-race interview rules which are clearly laid out in the sporting regs. Nitpicking for sure but he did break those rules. Does that mean other drivers can just decide not to do the post-race interviews now if they don't fancy it?

turbof1

TAG wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 15:40
turbof1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 09:15
Vettel needs a hug, you can just feel he needs that.
I spit out my coffee.

I'll throw in a head pat and a there there.
He'll appreciate the pat and words of comfort, but maybe not that you spitted your coffee all over him :P
#AeroFrodo

roon

TAG wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 15:40
turbof1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 09:15
Vettel needs a hug, you can just feel he needs that.
I spit out my coffee.

I'll throw in a head pat and a there there.
Careful not to get too excited. Might give yourself a 'penalty.'

TAG wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 16:28
Didn't Brundle get hit with a penalty in Monaco 2016?

turbof1

bonjon1979 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 15:50
turbof1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 08:39
ringo wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 23:39
Wolf is saying Vettel will get even more penalities if Ferrari try and have the penalty overturned.
I think i know why. Vettel's petulance lead him to break parc ferme rules after the race.
I'm not entirely sure that he broke parc ferme rules. He did park up the car in parc ferme, just not on the podium spots he should have done. What he certainly broke, was the podium rules.

Again correct me if I am wrong if he actually did break parc ferme rules, but the difference between that and podium protocol cannot be overstated. Breaking parc ferme rules will net you an exclusion from the session; breaking podium protocol probably leads only to a fine. They might be able to punish him harder if he is deemed to have brought the sport into disrepute, but that's really stretching it and I don't think that is going to happen.

But he did technically followed parc ferme regulations. Parked the car at the specific place for none-podium finishers, and got himself weighted. I did first had the impression he skipped the weighting, but after reviewing the race I did noticed that conclusion was wrong and he got himself weighted. It's very peculiar to see he was that angry, that furious, yet still thinking logically and thinking about the parc ferme rules.

IMO, they shouldn't punish him further. It was good fun, brought some excitement into F1. Some drama can never harm your marketing.
I thought you have to proceed directly to parc ferme to be weighed and that you weren't allowed to go anywhere else until that was done because of the danger of being slipped weights or removing weight or whatever you might do. Maybe that rule has changed now driver weight is treated independently from car? Also, is leaving car at the end of the pitlane in parc ferme?

He also didn't abide by the post-race interview rules which are clearly laid out in the sporting regs. Nitpicking for sure but he did break those rules. Does that mean other drivers can just decide not to do the post-race interviews now if they don't fancy it?
Well the catch is that he proceeded directly to A parc ferme, but not the intended one.

The post-race interview is indeed a violation, of a wholly different kind. Being deemed to have violated par ferme rules will get you a exclusion from the appropiate session (which was the race). I think breaching the post-race rules can net you a whole sort of penalties, but it is mostly a fine handed out. Of course, repeatingly skipping post-race interviews might lead to harsher penalties, so it's not like it will go unpenalized forever.
#AeroFrodo

Just_a_fan

Ferrari have lodged a "right to review" against the penalty in Canada.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula-one/48669261

I hope this season isn't going to go the way of the early 2000s where things were decided in court several weeks after the event. That really made one wonder about following F1 any more!
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 19:40

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula-one/48669261

I hope this season isn't going to go the way of the early 2000s where things were decided in court several weeks after the event. That really made one wonder about following F1 any more!
Honestly, I think its all just a show to keep the fans off the team and Vettel's back!
197 104 103 7

izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 19:40
I can't imagine what
significant and relevant new element is discovered which was unavailable to the parties seeking the review
would be?

TAG

Is it too late for a "right to review" last year's German GP? The water on the track also robbed them of a win there.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

oT v1

They should have a little more faith in themselves. This isn’t the ‘last orders’ before a winless season. They should be nailed on in Monza, plus very competitive in Russia/USA/Spa.

Why are they so desperate?
The Power of Dreams

dans79

oT v1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 20:48
They should have a little more faith in themselves. This isn’t the ‘last orders’ before a winless season. They should be nailed on in Monza, plus very competitive in Russia/USA/Spa.

They want the WDC and if they can't have that, they want the WCC. Winning 4 or 5 out of 21 races won't get them either title.
197 104 103 7

izzy

oT v1 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 20:48

They can't be hoping to actually win a review can they. Stewards aren't going to throw each other under a bus, and what new evidence can there possibly be? He didn't rejoin and get in the way? :o It's a gesture of support for Seb, and a bit feeble if you ask me, as it does look desperate as you say

dans79

izzy wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 21:08
They can't be hoping to actually win a review can they.
A good question would be, when was the last time someone did win a review.
197 104 103 7

izzy

dans79 wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 21:19
izzy wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 21:08
They can't be hoping to actually win a review can they.
A good question would be, when was the last time someone did win a review.
yes, nobody I know can even think of a review before, tho looking it up apparently Williams requested one in Baku last year and it was rejected

TAG

One additional piece of new evidence Mercedes has given is the telemetry for Hamilton's car showing how much he had to brake in order to avoid Vettel.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

izzy

TAG wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 21:47
One additional piece of new evidence Mercedes has given is the telemetry for Hamilton's car showing how much he had to brake in order to avoid Vettel.
lol, cunning, that puts a bit of pressure on Ferrari to show Seb's telemetry, and that won't be good for him