2019 [R09] Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 28-30 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2019 [R09] Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 28-30 June

DutchDopey wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 20:23
Andres125sx wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 20:02
DutchDopey wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 19:30

Do you consider going to the outer kerb before turning in the racing line ? I really have a hard time believing that these arguments are serious....
I must be missing something if you get surprised when stating the normal racing line goes from outer kerb at the start of the turn, to the inner kerb at the apex, and finally to the outer kerb again at the exit of the corner.

While there´s no other car alongside obviously... or not so obvious since some people (you!) are defending the normal racing line is ok even if there´s a car on it :o
Deliberate, Max already committed to the racing line by breaking later. Once he was in the corner he was committed. Going to the outside kerb before turning in while there is a car is pushing off deliberate. This is exactly the difference with the situation between Rosberg and Hamilton.
First, committed to the racing line by braking later? While braking, he was out of the racing line as that was occupied by Lecrerc.

Second, going to the outside kerb while there´s a car is pushing off deliberate... Exactly! That´s what Max did :wink:

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 19:39
sosic2121 wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 19:13

Yet, on lap 69 his EGO wouldn't allow to be outraced again, so he decided to risk everything and to crash in order to save his ego.
And then stewards did their usual thing, when max is considered, like they are doing him a favour.
As I said way back - if the protagonists had been reversed, or someone other than Max was involved, this thread would have been quiet within a day or two of the race finishing. Lots of people hating on Max and using this incident to do so. It's quite funny to watch. =D> :lol: :lol:
jokes on you kido as I believe Hulk deserved a penalty for his move on Norris in France, and Ricciardo deserved both his penalties for his moves in France. so show what a load of BS you just said.

incase you can't work that out, both Hulkenberg and Ricciardo are different drivers to Max.

and to add to your false statement, I believe Max was driver of the day and deserved to win, I just wish he had done it without the dirty move at the end.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

DutchDopey wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 20:23
Andres125sx wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 20:02
DutchDopey wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 19:30

Do you consider going to the outer kerb before turning in the racing line ? I really have a hard time believing that these arguments are serious....
I must be missing something if you get surprised when stating the normal racing line goes from outer kerb at the start of the turn, to the inner kerb at the apex, and finally to the outer kerb again at the exit of the corner.

While there´s no other car alongside obviously... or not so obvious since some people (you!) are defending the normal racing line is ok even if there´s a car on it :o
Deliberate, Max already committed to the racing line by breaking later. Once he was in the corner he was committed. Going to the outside kerb before turning in while there is a car is pushing off deliberate. This is exactly the difference with the situation between Rosberg and Hamilton.

max committed to the braking line by braking later? but he was off the racing line when he did this. He was off the racing line more in that corner than he was on it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:06
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

:wink:

thanks for clearing that up, I honestly thought you were being serious. my bad :oops:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

dans79

The stewards have allowed this exact type of pass even with minor contact for years now. Every driver on grid has done it multiple times!
197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

dans79 wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:40
The stewards have allowed this exact type of pass even with minor contact for years now. Every driver on grid has done it multiple times!
so that means you have 40+ videos ready to show? or did you just make that up?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:47
dans79 wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:40
so that means you have 40+ videos ready to show? or did you just make that up?
I posted a bunch of them earlier in the thread.
197 104 103 7

sosic2121

NathanOlder wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:06

I believe Max was driver of the day and deserved to win, I just wish he had done it without the dirty move at the end.
I couldn't agree more!

DutchDopey

Andres125sx wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 21:47
First, committed to the racing line by braking later? While braking, he was out of the racing line as that was occupied by Lecrerc.

Second, going to the outside kerb while there´s a car is pushing off deliberate... Exactly! That´s what Max did :wink:
No, he decided to brake later (putting the apex for him further) so he could start accelerating earlier. That was for him from that point the fastest line (racing line). That was exactly what went wrong in his first try, when he took a closer apex and could not accelerate early enough which enabled Leclerc to pass again. By braking later, he took a faster line.

DutchDopey

NathanOlder wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:09
max committed to the braking line by braking later? but he was off the racing line when he did this. He was off the racing line more in that corner than he was on it.
He was off the racing line when he started braking, but this late braking put him on the for him optimum racing line from that point. When he got on that optimum line he still did not touch Leclerc. That came afterwards when he was already committed. Leclerc knew that but still decided to hang in there with the collision as a result.

F1Krof

I believe Max deserved a penalty, it was a blatant forcing another driver off the track. This just shows that peer (fan) pressure from the last two occasions has gotten into the judges head.

I strongly believe had the Vettel Ham incident hadn't gone the way it went, for sure they would have penalised Max.
Wroom wroom

NathanOlder

DutchDopey wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 08:00
NathanOlder wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:09
He was off the racing line when he started braking, but this late braking put him on the for him optimum racing line from that point. When he got on that optimum line he still did not touch Leclerc. That came afterwards when he was already committed. Leclerc knew that but still decided to hang in there with the collision as a result.
So the late braking put him on a trajectory that meant he had to drive in to the side of Charles? So now your saying Max had no control on where he would be at corner exit?

By braking on the inside, you are never going to be on the the best racing line. NEVER. Charles had the better racing line going in to the corner, not Max. If we go by your rules, Max should have got out the way at the inside apex, as Charles was on the racing line.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

F1Krof wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 08:31
I believe Max deserved a penalty, it was a blatant forcing another driver off the track. This just shows that peer (fan) pressure from the last two occasions has gotten into the judges head.

I strongly believe had the Vettel Ham incident hadn't gone the way it went, for sure they would have penalised Max.
totally agree, but at the same time after the Vet Ham incident went that way, I thought there could only be 1 outcome in Austria to keep the consistency. How wrong was I.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

F1Krof

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 08:46
F1Krof wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 08:31

totally agree, but at the same time after the Vet Ham incident went that way, I thought there could only be 1 outcome in Austria to keep the consistency. How wrong was I.
Yeah, I really thought the same thing, even when Max was celebrating at the podium I was already feeling kind of sorry, only to find out later that he was cleared.

Remember this will set a bad precedent for the later races and I'm certain we will see a bunch of avoidable crashes throughout, I just hope nobody gets hurt.
Wroom wroom