2019 [R09] Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 28-30 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
rogazilla

Re: 2019 [R09] Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 28-30 June

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 19:04
I see what you are saying, but at the point of contact, who had free space to the side of their car?

Also the cars were dead level and both off the racing line. so neither have any more rights than the other. The difference was Max had a good 10m of space to his right, Charles had 0m space to his left.

unless I'm seeing things.
You are not seeing things and that's why I said it is a racing incident. Charles had 0m space to his left, in fact 2 of his wheels are on the outside of the kerbs. He has to turn in towards Max to get all 4 wheels back on the track. Max has already straighten his car at this point and occupying the space where Leclerc gave up by going outside (Again look at the video posted he went much wider than lap 68). Max could move further to the right by unwind slower but that will impact his drive out of that corner in a straight. Leclerc could back off because he is on the kerb and no space left for him. Hence a racing incident.

aral

There seem to be a lot of people here who have different ideas of racing lines, what Verstappen should have done, what Leclerc should have done etc. OK, so some agree to disagree, but really this "I know better than you" toing and froing is going a bit too far. The race is over, the points awarded, the stewards decision is final, neither team is arguing the case....so lets just move on. PLEASE !

Godius

Given the fact that Alfa Romeo performed quite well in Austria, Ferrari should have had more than enough engine headroom to control the race. Yet somehow I they managed to screw it up, the power was available when they needed it if you look at the fight between Leclerc and Verstappen from turn 3 to turn 4.

ajdavison2

Hi everyone, finally got round to uploading all my photos and videos from my visit to Austria. What a week, the dutch fans in particular were brilliant, and some of the Max set ups in the campsite were ridiculous. Anyway I've uploaded them all (and my subsequent trip to Amsterdam) into the following album. There's some good close shots of the cars in parc ferme and during our pitlane walk on Thursday. Feel free to peruse at your leisure. Hope you like them! https://www.facebook.com/alex.davison2/ ... 401&type=3

siskue2005

ajdavison2 wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 15:16
Hi everyone, finally got round to uploading all my photos and videos from my visit to Austria. What a week, the dutch fans in particular were brilliant, and some of the Max set ups in the campsite were ridiculous. Anyway I've uploaded them all (and my subsequent trip to Amsterdam) into the following album. There's some good close shots of the cars in parc ferme and during our pitlane walk on Thursday. Feel free to peruse at your leisure. Hope you like them! https://www.facebook.com/alex.davison2/ ... 401&type=3
nice =D>

sosic2121

Jorgee050 wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 19:00

Lasts laps. :)
crashstappen

ispano6

Still no 2020 race thread? Seems this year will be warm and wet, not a scorcher like last year. If it's raining or damp we might get to see a Brazil again. One wet race and one dry would be interesting at the same venue back to back weeks.

Just_a_fan

ispano6 wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 21:04
Still no 2020 race thread? Seems this year will be warm and wet, not a scorcher like last year. If it's raining or damp we might get to see a Brazil again. One wet race and one dry would be interesting at the same venue back to back weeks.
You can start the race thread if you want. It's a free-for-all. Just try to follow the usual format.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.