2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Unc1eM0nty

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Midi wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 16:04
I understand that this discussion is "tiresome" ;) for most Merc fans. However no one is denying the fact that Merc has built a car that is better
fixed that for you :)

El Scorchio

This alleged tyre conspiracy seems silly and a little like sour grapes to me. Mercedes have simply done a better job than the other teams, through design or luck, to get these tyres working better on their car this year. Being consistently good (or bad) is no fluke. It does barely anyone involved with the sport any good to purposely aid them in carrying on their winning streak, and certainly doesn't do anything for attracting or retaining fans and viewers.

If anything, in the current climate, a Ferrari title win after all these years is surely the story most people would probably wish for and what would do F1 the most 'good', followed by a win for Verstappen. Certainly not more success for Mercedes or Hamilton at this point.

Wynters

On a lighter note, Vettel's response to Simon Buxton's question is awesome. I'll paraphrase Buxton's question slightly.

Buxton: "Do you think the fans will still be excited after the race on Sunday?"
Vettel: "I don't know. I can't predict. I've got balls, but none of them are crystal."

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guUAnNywxQU

dtro

Second half of the season looks interesting even for non-Merc fans imo. Rare moment when Merc isn't coming in as the favorite. I do think that they'll be winning/challenging for the win this weekend even if Ferrari gets pole/front row lock-out. They've managed to trip over themselves here too many times, pressure too high in front of the home crowd?

Will be interesting to see how far Max can get from the back of the grid. Will be similarly interesting to see how Albon will continue to improve at RB.

Sad to see conspiracy theories being thrown around. Not a fan of Mercedes, but respect a strong competitor. I follow bouldering world cups and lead world cups and there are similar performances from some climbers, when you see them on the roster you know that they're just that much stronger than everyone else. Don't hate the strength, learn from it. Wish that Ferrari/RB/McLaren even Renault could challenge for wins and that the rest could at least challenge for podiums but that's not Mercedes problem.

Spacepace

Wynters wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 01:48
On a lighter note, Vettel's response to Simon Buxton's question is awesome. I'll paraphrase Buxton's question slightly.

Buxton: "Do you think the fans will still be excited after the race on Sunday?"
Vettel: "I don't know. I can't predict. I've got balls, but none of them are crystal."

Yeah that was hilarious but his name is Will
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guUAnNywxQU

Roman

After all the tire conspiracy now back to the race:

It's raining now during F3 FP so FP1 will probably start on a damp or wet track. I always love when the teams do not run much during FP1 or 2 or face any kind of changing conditions during the weekend. In these cases they usually have very little data to use during the race. I have hopes for an interesting Sunday!

izzy

dtro wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 02:19
Second half of the season looks interesting even for non-Merc fans imo. Rare moment when Merc isn't coming in as the favorite. I do think that they'll be winning/challenging for the win this weekend even if Ferrari gets pole/front row lock-out. They've managed to trip over themselves here too many times, pressure too high in front of the home crowd?

Will be interesting to see how far Max can get from the back of the grid. Will be similarly interesting to see how Albon will continue to improve at RB.
yes there is a ton of interest to be had isn't there, all over the place. Massive test for Charles' head, just for a start. it could be damp too. Classic young gun vs wise old fart battle with Lewis :lol: Seb under pressure, Valtteri trying not to look like a wingman as well, Alex as you say, Max, McLarens...

(i don't know why anybody bothered with that one silly post about tyres, again)

Restomaniac

Roman wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 10:08
After all the tire conspiracy now back to the race:

It's raining now during F3 FP so FP1 will probably start on a damp or wet track. I always love when the teams do not run much during FP1 or 2 or face any kind of changing conditions during the weekend. In these cases they usually have very little data to use during the race. I have hopes for an interesting Sunday!
Indeed like Silverstone this year.

SiLo

Does less running help teams that are already good on their tyres?
Felipe Baby!

turbof1

Can we please go away from this general tyre talk? It is kind of bothersome (no, I'm not going to use the terrible pun). If you want to talk about tyres here, it has to be in function of the race. In any other case grab yourself a set of tyres and go to a local starbucks to talk about it.

(10 none-official points to whoever photoshops a bunch of people debating in a starbucks with tyres next to them and the store manager looking confused)
#AeroFrodo

MtthsMlw

turbof1 wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 11:23
Can we please go away from this general tyre talk? It is kind of bothersome (no, I'm not going to use the terrible pun). If you want to talk about tyres here, it has to be in function of the race. In any other case grab yourself a set of tyres and go to a local starbucks to talk about it.
Yep, I'm also getting tired of that one.

El Scorchio

Raikkonen in the wall.

Restomaniac

turbof1 wrote:

(10 none-official points to whoever photoshops a bunch of people debating in a starbucks with tyres next to them and the store manager looking confused)
Before people start to work on it do they need to be F1 tyres on could it just be a few fat people? (Like me unfortunately :( ).

turbof1

Restomaniac wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 12:11
turbof1 wrote:

Before people start to work on it do they need to be F1 tyres on could it just be a few fat people?
Who I am to give such measily boundaries? I only want it culture diverse with 5 different races, it has to include donald trump and martin luther king, pirelli, bridgestone and michelin tyres, the best starbucks shop in manhattan and Gordon Ramsey as the store manager.

As you can see I am not asking for much.
#AeroFrodo

Restomaniac

turbof1 wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 12:14
Restomaniac wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 12:11
turbof1 wrote:

Before people start to work on it do they need to be F1 tyres on could it just be a few fat people?
Who I am to give such measily boundaries? I only want it culture diverse with 5 different races, it has to include donald trump and martin luther king, pirelli, bridgestone and michelin tyres, the best starbucks shop in manhattan and Gordon Ramsey as the store manager.

As you can see I am not asking for much.
Clearly not. I mean I’d of asked for Elvis as the waiter :lol: