2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

search wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 15:35
falonso81 wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 15:12
Qualy and race on the same day sounds good. Its one less day having to wake up early :D
well, Qualifying would be 5 hours before the race start then, at 2am (central european time), so in that regard I'd call that far from ideal...
arguably more tired drivers compared to the rest of the season, and the big thing that if something goes wrong mechanically, then there's really little time to fix a car and be ready to race.

I hope Kubica can one-up Williams and get a point 8)
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Andres125sx

Unf wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 18:27
Guys, nowdays even one drop of water on race track leads to start behind SC and getting red flag after some "kind of Stroll" driver would miss the turn... and you are trying to discuss if race is possible next to typhoon >___>
You obviously missed 2019 german GP

djos

iotar__ wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 14:24
Unf wrote:
Guys, nowdays even one drop of water on race track leads to start behind SC and getting red flag after some "kind of Stroll" driver would miss the turn... and you are trying to discuss if race is possible next to typhoon >___>
Tell that to Bianchi.
Bianchi was clearly after a Darwin Award, his accident was entirely his own fault.
"In downforce we trust"

Shrieker

Should I wake up for practice, or is it going to be a washout ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Shrieker

Tell that to Bianchi.
djos wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 22:18
Bianchi was clearly after a Darwin Award, his accident was entirely his own fault.
That's the most cruel thing I've heard in a long while motorsports wise. Even the Vettel berating is less cruel. Bianchi might've made a mistake, but a race should've never carried on in the first place with a tractor on the run off. The organisers surely felt the same way so they went ahead and amended the rules with the introduction of vsc.
Last edited by Shrieker on 10 Oct 2019, 22:23, edited 2 times in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

izzy
izzy

djos wrote:
the accident was his fault, the injury was Race Control's fault. i mean racing cars do crash, that's why circuits have tyre barriers

FrukostScones

Shrieker wrote:
Should I wake up for practice, or is it going to be a washout ?
washout.

sleep well.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

izzy
izzy

Shrieker wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 22:21
Bianchi might've made a mistake, but a race should've never carried on in the first place with a tractor on the run off. The organisers surely felt the same way so they went ahead and amended the rules with the introduction of vsc.
+1

santos
santos

djos wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 14:24
Unf wrote:
Tell that to Bianchi.
Agree, but probably Adrian Sutil wouldn't crash.

Kimi Raikkonen: “Obviously we know how limited we are with the tyres, unfortunately. It doesn’t need much rain then we have aquaplaning, that’s the issue, then obviously you have zero control.[In] the early days when I started it could rain really heavy and we never had an issue,” the former world champion said. “So for sure the tyres are not best when there’s standing water but that’s how it is unfortunately. It doesn’t look like there’s a lot of water, it looks really ridiculous sometimes that we cannot run. But that’s just how it is.”

djos

Shrieker wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 22:21
Tell that to Bianchi.
djos wrote:
That's the most cruel thing I've heard in a long while motorsports wise. Even the Vettel berating is less cruel. Bianchi might've made a mistake, but a race should've never carried on in the first place with a tractor on the run off. The organisers surely felt the same way so they went ahead and amended the rules with the introduction of vsc.
It's really sad that he died (and I don't wish this on any driver), however, he disobeyed race controls double waved yellow flags and tried to make gains at high speed under those conditions. Had he slowed down as instructed and still spun off the track, he would have done so at substantially lower speeds and would not have hit the tractor - his death is on him, end of story.

Btw, I realise this is off topic so I'm not going to continue this discussion.
"In downforce we trust"

Bsowles
Bsowles

The post about Bianchi being a Darwin Award candidate, while perhaps having some primal level merit, did not need to be posted here, IMO. A young man lost his life over making a bad decision. We all know that, but being stated in the manner in which it was is a bit “over the top”, again IMO. I hope we all can enjoy and experience a good race come Sunday.

ispano6

54mins to FP2 and it has started to drizzle at Grandstand B. It came on strong but passed within a few minutes. Track looks dry but some Mclarens and Aston Martins are sliding around. You can instantly tell who the die hard fans are. Iy started raining and people flocked under the grandstands, while the hardcore fans simply opened their umbrellas and put on rain gear prepared to weather it out. I guess thats why they canceled Saturday knowing people will still come regardless. Unfortunately the circuit is closed to the public Saturday and ticket holders cannot enter. Best we can do as stay in the Suzuka hotel or one of the indoor buildings.

ispano6

ispano6 wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 06:09
54mins to FP2 and it has started to drizzle at Grandstand B. It came on strong but passed within a few minutes. Track looks dry but some Mclarens and Aston Martins are sliding around. You can instantly tell who the die hard fans are. It started raining and people flocked under the grandstands, while the hardcore fans simply opened their umbrellas and put on rain gear prepared to weather it out. I guess thats why they canceled Saturday knowing people will still come regardless. Unfortunately the circuit is closed to the public Saturday and ticket holders cannot enter. Best we can do as stay in the Suzuka hotel or one of the indoor buildings.

yelistener

Don't miss FP2. Stewards have decided if quali can't happen due to the typhoon, starting grid will be decided by FP2 laptime. This is gonna be one heck of a FP2.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

SKY just brought up a brilliant point.
FP3 COULD be qualifying yet the cars won’t be in parc ferme.

My question is that if there is no qualifying exactly when WILL the cars go into it?