2019 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 25-27 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
strad

Re: 2019 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 25-27 October

See what I mean about people seeing things differently.
I see Lewis turn right to crowd Vettle twice then turn right to crowd Max twice while Max was ahead of him and a third time to push Max off track and takes off the front of Max's front wing. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

izzy

strad wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 00:06
I see Lewis turn right to crowd Vettle twice then turn right to crowd Max twice while Max was ahead of him and a third time to push Max off track and takes off the front of Max's front wing. :wink:
lol, so absolutely, in F1 the only objectivity is your own :D

Scorpaguy

strad wrote:
Yes, but who amongst the world's population (sans the Dutch) does not stand and cheer at the sight of an astray Max wing taking leave of its car.

I enjoy F1s villains more than its heroes. I remember Dale Earnhardt once saying, "Don't worry when they boo; worry when they stop booing"

Wynters

JolyonPalmerOnTheBBC wrote:
Hamilton ended up getting into a massive slide all on his own,
I wonder where he thinks Hamilton's floor damage came from? That piece was on the car before Verstappen 'totally didn't hit him' and yet was missing by the time Hamilton got into "a massive slide all on his own"? I guess it must've fallen off coincidentally.

What's really odd is that you can hear a bang at 0:36 seconds which is also, coincidentally of course, the moment Hamilton's floor decided to fall off all on it's own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buv9xJ5i868

It's also interesting comparing Hamilton and Verstappen's lines with the Albon and Sainz's following them.

sAx
sAx

Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 15:38
sAx wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 15:25
NathanOlder wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 13:52

Sky sports F1, if you watched it over the last decade, you would have heard it
Placing the 'tyre-whispering' to one side, he was also 0.5/1.0 ltr +Ve on fuel conservation over a race distance compared to Rosberg, whilst lapping faster when lift and coasting...he certainly seems to have added to his racing craft over the years.
He's developed to become the best driver on the grid. Max might be quicker on a lap, but Lewis has a whole box of tools at his disposal which is why he keeps scoring points when people think he shouldn't. Max is still filling his tool box.
Glad you prefaced quicker with 'might be'! On the basis of the available evidence (since the August break), the quickest car is Ferrari and the fastest driver is Leclerc. On the evidence of the season as a whole (Poles, race pace, etc.), Verstappen could not possibly be considered to be faster than Hamilton!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

sAx
sAx

Wynters wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 12:01
JolyonPalmerOnTheBBC wrote:
Hamilton ended up getting into a massive slide all on his own,
I wonder where he thinks Hamilton's floor damage came from? That piece was on the car before Verstappen 'totally didn't hit him' and yet was missing by the time Hamilton got into "a massive slide all on his own"? I guess it must've fallen off coincidentally.

What's really odd is that you can hear a bang at 0:36 seconds which is also, coincidentally of course, the moment Hamilton's floor decided to fall off all on it's own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buv9xJ5i868

It's also interesting comparing Hamilton and Verstappen's lines with the Albon and Sainz's following them.
Yes the overhead video shows that the ensuing slide by Hamilton followed the initial oversteer and contact from Verstappen.

epo
epo

sAx wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 13:29
Just_a_fan wrote:
sAx wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 15:25

Placing the 'tyre-whispering' to one side, he was also 0.5/1.0 ltr +Ve on fuel conservation over a race distance compared to Rosberg, whilst lapping faster when lift and coasting...he certainly seems to have added to his racing craft over the years.
He's developed to become the best driver on the grid. Max might be quicker on a lap, but Lewis has a whole box of tools at his disposal which is why he keeps scoring points when people think he shouldn't. Max is still filling his tool box.
Glad you prefaced quicker with 'might be'! On the basis of the available evidence (since the August break), the quickest car is Ferrari and the fastest driver is Leclerc. On the evidence of the season as a whole (Poles, race pace, etc.), Verstappen could not possibly be considered to be faster than Hamilton!
:lol: :lol: So the fastest driver is the one in the fastest car, what a joke, glad you have the evidence mate.

Singapore2008

dans79 wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 21:44
TwanV wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 21:33
I find it again amazing how anti ves some people are. He drives a perfect season, has one race of bad luck and all hell breaks loose.
That's not what gets him in hot water with people. What gets him in trouble is stuff like his post qualifying press conference comments.
At least he's honest about his actions, where most of the others are definitely not. I do agree he should have lifted and it was stupid to admit he didn't, but it is honest. I think he really believes he was in complete control there and there was no danger at all.

izzy

Peter Windsor's view on it.

imo on reflection Lewis was giving Max a marker for next year, now he doesn't need the points. Seb, well the driving is generally getting rougher isn't it, with this idiot "let them race" stewarding

dans79

Singapore2008 wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 15:55
I think he really believes he was in complete control there and there was no danger at all.
And that's a damn big problem, even if he is in complete control of the car, he doesn't control everyone else.

I'm sure Perez felt in complete control in Monaco right up to the point he saw two marshals running across the track in front of him.
https://twitter.com/SChecoPerez/status/ ... 4177897474
197 104 103 7

sAx
sAx

epo wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 14:34
sAx wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 13:29
Just_a_fan wrote:

:lol: :lol: So the fastest driver is the one in the fastest car, what a joke, glad you have the evidence mate.
A fast car needs a fast driver to deliver its performance...no pun intended!

carisi2k

I still don't understand how Lewis didn't get a penalty for causing an avoidable accident with Max. It seems that Max's reputation went against him in this incident as Lewis was clearly out of control.

Jolle

carisi2k wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 23:58
I still don't understand how Lewis didn't get a penalty for causing an avoidable accident with Max. It seems that Max's reputation went against him in this incident as Lewis was clearly out of control.
that's the other extreme. I think Verstappen vs Hamilton was two driver battling it out for position at the first corner.

nicely entertaining!

ENGINE TUNER

carisi2k wrote:
Hilarious, when did that happen? If Hamilton was "out of control" it is because Verstappen hit him, twice.

GPR-A

carisi2k wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Man you have a great sense of humor.