2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79
dans79
219
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:37 pm
Would they really have 1 on the shelf ready to go?
No manufacture should have a prototype ready to go right now, so I call bs on the rumors.

They have several months before they need to have a 2020 engine ready, so any manufacture worth their salt would be focusing on squeezing every ounce of performance out of their concept. Producing a race ready prototype now, is just a waste of time and money, because it will most likely be outdated by the time the actual 2020 season roles around.

Sevach
Sevach
855
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

From the words of Binotto should be a pure spec 3, he says "normal performance level".

Gator86
Gator86
0
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

I wonder if there will be any high profile robbery or kidnap attempts...

User avatar
Capharol
61
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

uuuhhhhmmm have i seen right, heavy rain on friday, saturday rain during Quali ....
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

User avatar
godlameroso
381
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Maybe, weather is really hard to predict, I had it as raining on race day, but that changed to only Friday.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

User avatar
FrukostScones
192
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: European Union

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:37 pm
Would they really have 1 on the shelf ready to go?
F1 is about prototypes.... (or was? 8) )
So of course it is a prototype.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

User avatar
Capharol
61
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

....TD 35/19 was followed four days before the GP Brazil TD 38/19. This time, it is important that no flammable liquid from the intercooler, the air collector or the ERS system is allowed to enter the combustion chambers.
Today FIA sent out another Technical Directive (TD 38/19) about possible engine trickery. It states that any flammable liquid from the cooling systems can not be used for combustion. You know which team this is aimed at."

from AMuS:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... tor-trick/
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

Restomaniac
Restomaniac
8
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Capharol wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm
....TD 35/19 was followed four days before the GP Brazil TD 38/19. This time, it is important that no flammable liquid from the intercooler, the air collector or the ERS system is allowed to enter the combustion chambers.
Today FIA sent out another Technical Directive (TD 38/19) about possible engine trickery. It states that any flammable liquid from the cooling systems can not be used for combustion. You know which team this is aimed at."

from AMuS:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... tor-trick/
Why don’t the FIA just come out and admit that they think Ferrari is cheating but they are outsmarting them and they cannot figure out how!

User avatar
Capharol
61
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Restomaniac wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Capharol wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm
....TD 35/19 was followed four days before the GP Brazil TD 38/19. This time, it is important that no flammable liquid from the intercooler, the air collector or the ERS system is allowed to enter the combustion chambers.
Today FIA sent out another Technical Directive (TD 38/19) about possible engine trickery. It states that any flammable liquid from the cooling systems can not be used for combustion. You know which team this is aimed at."

from AMuS:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... tor-trick/
Why don’t the FIA just come out and admit that they think Ferrari is cheating but they are outsmarting them and they cannot figure out how!
ask FIA :wink:

no the bottom line is there were so many requests what is allowed and what not, that the Fia thought they had to get ahead of the bunch and just put out this TD aswell
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

LM10
LM10
94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Restomaniac wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Capharol wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm
....TD 35/19 was followed four days before the GP Brazil TD 38/19. This time, it is important that no flammable liquid from the intercooler, the air collector or the ERS system is allowed to enter the combustion chambers.
Today FIA sent out another Technical Directive (TD 38/19) about possible engine trickery. It states that any flammable liquid from the cooling systems can not be used for combustion. You know which team this is aimed at."

from AMuS:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... tor-trick/
Why don’t the FIA just come out and admit that they think Ferrari is cheating but they are outsmarting them and they cannot figure out how!
I assume the 36 other TDs were as well sent out because the FIA thought Ferrari was cheating?

User avatar
Big Tea
89
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Restomaniac wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Capharol wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm
....TD 35/19 was followed four days before the GP Brazil TD 38/19. This time, it is important that no flammable liquid from the intercooler, the air collector or the ERS system is allowed to enter the combustion chambers.
Today FIA sent out another Technical Directive (TD 38/19) about possible engine trickery. It states that any flammable liquid from the cooling systems can not be used for combustion. You know which team this is aimed at."

from AMuS:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... tor-trick/
Why don’t the FIA just come out and admit that they think Ferrari is cheating but they are outsmarting them and they cannot figure out how!
Do you consider this a bad thing? I do not I love things like this, if they are actually doing it and it is not 100% disallowed. This is the stuff that makes F1 so enthralling
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER
17
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

dans79 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 pm
NathanOlder wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:37 pm
Would they really have 1 on the shelf ready to go?
No manufacture should have a prototype ready to go right now, so I call bs on the rumors.

They have several months before they need to have a 2020 engine ready, so any manufacture worth their salt would be focusing on squeezing every ounce of performance out of their concept. Producing a race ready prototype now, is just a waste of time and money, because it will most likely be outdated by the time the actual 2020 season roles around.
They should have something ready for the post season abu Dhabi test, it all depends on how much different the 2020 PU is to the 2019.

LM10
LM10
94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:00 am
dans79 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 pm
NathanOlder wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:37 pm
Would they really have 1 on the shelf ready to go?
No manufacture should have a prototype ready to go right now, so I call bs on the rumors.

They have several months before they need to have a 2020 engine ready, so any manufacture worth their salt would be focusing on squeezing every ounce of performance out of their concept. Producing a race ready prototype now, is just a waste of time and money, because it will most likely be outdated by the time the actual 2020 season roles around.
They should have something ready for the post season abu Dhabi test, it all depends on how much different the 2020 PU is to the 2019.
You’re not allowed to test parts which have not been used in the actual season. Since Ferrari was planning to end the season with 3 specs, I think it’s safe to say that they’re not ready with any prototype or gonna rush anything.

AMuS tells that’s it’s gonna be a new spec 3 PU, btw.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER
17
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

LM10 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:05 am
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:00 am
dans79 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 pm


No manufacture should have a prototype ready to go right now, so I call bs on the rumors.

They have several months before they need to have a 2020 engine ready, so any manufacture worth their salt would be focusing on squeezing every ounce of performance out of their concept. Producing a race ready prototype now, is just a waste of time and money, because it will most likely be outdated by the time the actual 2020 season roles around.
They should have something ready for the post season abu Dhabi test, it all depends on how much different the 2020 PU is to the 2019.
You’re not allowed to test parts which have not been used in the actual season. Since Ferrari was planning to end the season with 3 specs, I think it’s safe to say that they’re not ready with any prototype or gonna rush anything.

AMuS tells that’s it’s gonna be a new spec 3 PU, btw.
Even more reason to use a prototype 2020 in Brazil😉, now they can also run it in the post season test.

Since the spec 3 was completed before Spa, the PU dept had to be doing something since then. Running stuff on the dyno etc. No major pu reg changes for 2020, so it's possible.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac
8
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Big Tea wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:54 pm
Restomaniac wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Capharol wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Today FIA sent out another Technical Directive (TD 38/19) about possible engine trickery. It states that any flammable liquid from the cooling systems can not be used for combustion. You know which team this is aimed at."

from AMuS:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... tor-trick/
Why don’t the FIA just come out and admit that they think Ferrari is cheating but they are outsmarting them and they cannot figure out how!
Do you consider this a bad thing? I do not I love things like this, if they are actually doing it and it is not 100% disallowed. This is the stuff that makes F1 so enthralling
No I just think it’s comical.
We are back to the whole situation where the FIA had to ask Ferrari how their systems worked and then almost take their word for it that they were above board! :lol: