2020 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 12-15

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
3jawchuck

Re: 2020 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 12-15

etusch wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 20:21
07 june Azerbeycan Bakü
14 june Kanada Montreal
28 june Fransa Le Castelle
05 july Avusturya Spielberg
19 july Büyük Britanya Silverstone
26 july İspanya Barcelona
02 Ağustos Macaristan Budapeşte
23 Ağustos Hollanda Zandvoort
30 Ağustos Belçika Spa
6 İtalya Monza
20 september Singapur Singapur
27 sept Rusya Sochi
4 Ekim* Vietnam Hanoi
11 Ekim nobember Japonya Suzuka
18 Ekim* Vietnam Hanoi
25 Ekim ABD Austin
01 Kasım Meksika Mexico City
15 Kasım october Brezilya Sao paulo
29 Kasım Bahreyn Sakhir
6 Aralık Ebu Dhabi Yas Marina
What's this?

etusch

3jawchuck wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 21:14
etusch wrote:
07 june Azerbeycan Bakü
14 june Kanada Montreal
30 Ağustos Belçika Spa
6 İtalya Monza
27 sept Rusya Sochi
4 Ekim* Vietnam Hanoi
18 Ekim* Vietnam Hanoi
25 Ekim ABD Austin
29 Kasım Bahreyn Sakhir
What's this?
Buying list.

Capharol

3jawchuck wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 21:14
etusch wrote:
07 june Azerbeycan Bakü
14 june Kanada Montreal
30 Ağustos Belçika Spa
6 İtalya Monza
27 sept Rusya Sochi
4 Ekim* Vietnam Hanoi
18 Ekim* Vietnam Hanoi
25 Ekim ABD Austin
29 Kasım Bahreyn Sakhir
What's this?
A possible list of when the races COULD take place
this list is bogus anyway because nothing is set in stone yet

Phil

Once you consider the amount of logistics and organisation required to pull of a single race and I think it's clear, what's cancelled will stay cancelled. The only question is, who will pay for the expenses, who will get money back and who will possibly go bust because of this. Governments and organisers have paid millions to hold a race. I simply can't see how they could salvage this. If I had booked a flight to Melbourne and now lost that money because of it, would I book again just to watch it if it were moved to another date sometime this year? In light of the current situation, probably no. As an F1 fan, I'm sad that this season will likely not happen in any shape or form, except maybe for a few races towards the end of it. That's just my prediction.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Capharol

Phil wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 15:59
Once you consider the amount of logistics and organisation required to pull of a single race and I think it's clear, what's cancelled will stay cancelled. The only question is, who will pay for the expenses, who will get money back and who will possibly go bust because of this. Governments and organisers have paid millions to hold a race. I simply can't see how they could salvage this. If I had booked a flight to Melbourne and now lost that money because of it, would I book again just to watch it if it were moved to another date sometime this year? In light of the current situation, probably no. As an F1 fan, I'm sad that this season will likely not happen in any shape or form, except maybe for a few races towards the end of it. That's just my prediction.
i think they can partially save it, it won't be all 21 races but i think they can hold 17-18 races when they can start end of may.
note: only 8 races are needed to hold a championship 😉

Big Tea

Capharol wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 16:04
Phil wrote:
i think they can partially save it, it won't be all 21 races but i think they can hold 17-18 races when they can start end of may.

https://medium.com/speedbox-is-typing/t ... 37e445de20

I saw an article explaining how items are transported from one race to another which said it is like juggling.
Something used in Oz may next be needed in in China then USA, which has time to ship by sea and others in Bharain which would not be there in time. This means they are juggling with 3 sets of balls and 'changing hands'.
Some things of course fly to every race (or drive) and others will have been there a while waiting.

I can not find the item, if I do I will post it here

Edit, found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6Loko0BOA
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Capharol

Big Tea wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 16:12
Capharol wrote:
Phil wrote:

https://medium.com/speedbox-is-typing/t ... 37e445de20

I saw an article explaining how items are transported from one race to another which said it is like juggling.
Something used in Oz may next be needed in in China then USA, which has time to ship by sea and others in Bharain which would not be there in time. This means they are juggling with 3 sets of balls and 'changing hands'.
Some things of course fly to every race (or drive) and others will have been there a while waiting.

I can not find the item, if I do I will post it here

Edit, found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6Loko0BOA
thanks, informative stuff

etusch

Capharol wrote:
Phil wrote:
I watch motogp too. My wife want to go out every free time of me. I am working on something to learn and trying to do somethings with carbon fiber. Even last year those were forced me much. So I didn't watch last motop races because of wdc was decided. 21 races are too too much for everyone and I think many people ( me too) won't watch some of them.
In a normal year 21 races are too much and in a year like this 14-15 races are good enough.

etusch

In a phone conference this week, team principals discussed a wide range of scenarios including not just unchanged technical rules for 2021 but also a freeze on the development of key components, including chassis, gearbox and other mechanical parts

Aero development would however be allowed to continue to run through 2020 and into 2021 as a key performance differentiator.

It’s understood that in the call nine teams agreed with the principle, with Ferrari asking for more time to consider the ramifications.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/2021 ... g/4770373/