F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
izzy

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Racer X wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 22:43
Does anyone have a list of confirmed drivers or drivers who have turned it down?
Racefans has a list: https://www.racefans.net/2020/03/20/eve ... ill-enter/

so far the only F1 driver is Nicholas Latifi. The Alpha Tauri, Racing Point and Haas drivers are definitely not
“it’s difficult to say right now,” says Tan.

“We’re still speaking to the teams and we’re pushing as much as we can we’re hopeful that we can get as many F1 drivers on the grid as possible.”
honestly i think they've just completely misunderstood what they've got with F1 and the Codemasters game. It's wishful thinking if you ask me, like their whole approach to the rest of the season

Racer X

i mean cant the teams run combined teams with their E-Sports teams? sure your F1 driver might not be as good as your E-Sports driver but im sure they will get better at it. I watched Lando Norris get P6 in a race he ran and it was tons of fun watching him. I mean sure its not actual racing but it would be nice if they all went with it or are they all going to be busy?

i speak as a fan that is already sad about our current situation and i know sunday ill be watching this and it will be something to enjoy versus doing nothing.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

AMG.Tzan

Question is: who's going to take part in it?? Alpha Tauri, Haas and Racing Point already said their drivers won't be joining! I don't expect Lewis, Seb, Kimi or even Bottas to join!

So who's joining?? Lando and Max again only??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

izzy

Racer X wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 23:12
i mean cant the teams run combined teams with their E-Sports teams? sure your F1 driver might not be as good as your E-Sports driver but im sure they will get better at it. I watched Lando Norris get P6 in a race he ran and it was tons of fun watching him. I mean sure its not actual racing but it would be nice if they all went with it or are they all going to be busy?

i speak as a fan that is already sad about our current situation and i know sunday ill be watching this and it will be something to enjoy versus doing nothing.
isn't iracing what the serious gamers use? And there's already e-sports as you say and personally i'm 110% addicted to F1 and not even slightly interested in e-sports

if only they'd put me in charge we'd definitely have real racing O:) !! but as it is I'm just going to have to do more real sports of my own, and watch replays. i won't be bothering with this virtual thing whoever's in it, especially as Liberty have dumbly dumbed it down ](*,)

Pyrone89

I have got reliable inside information Ferrari was planning on joining the official ESports race until someone told them you can't cheat with the fuel flow code in the sim. :mrgreen:
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Scorpaguy

...have to say I do not even know what "E-sport" is. Also not sure I care.

Rodak

It's not a 'sport', it's a computer game and has absolutely nothing to do with actually driving a race car. Done both, one sucks.

Marc.W

Scorpaguy wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 03:08
...have to say I do not even know what "E-sport" is. Also not sure I care.
It's the only type of sport we have in 2020 :wink:

hollus

Well, chess is still on. /runs away/

Apparently IndyCar will start an iRacing series next week.

Also, E-racing calendar for this weekend:
https://www.racefans.net/2020/03/21/whe ... rts-races/
Rivals, not enemies.

kimetic

Marc.W wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 10:20
We each need to be doing our own sport. Build up our hearts, intercostal muscles, diaphragm, blood flow, and lose weight. Eat plenty of fruit and veg and generally get our bodies as 'young' as they can be. Ready to fight off pneumonia, just in case. Gaming is not a great example right now.

Marc.W

kimetic wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 13:52
Marc.W wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 10:20
We each need to be doing our own sport. Build up our hearts, intercostal muscles, diaphragm, blood flow, and lose weight. Eat plenty of fruit and veg and generally get our bodies as 'young' as they can be. Ready to fight off pneumonia, just in case. Gaming is not a great example right now.
You've never done a 3 hour stint at Daytona 24hr on a sim then :P

izzy

Marc.W wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 15:18
lol but that sounds like the worst thing! Your brain is tired yes but your muscles haven't done anything, and your bloodstream is full of crap from the stress cos you haven't burned it up :sick:

ALO_Power

They will broadcast this on tv?

DChemTech

Verstappen turned it down despite being an e-racer already, because he doesn't play F1 2019 and doesn't want to take time to learn it.

Marc.W

izzy wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 15:57
Marc.W wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 15:18
lol but that sounds like the worst thing! Your brain is tired yes but your muscles haven't done anything, and your bloodstream is full of crap from the stress cos you haven't burned it up :sick:
Wrestling with a 20nm wheel for 3 hours definitely burned some calories, my t-shirt was damp afterwards