F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
hollus

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

ALO_Power wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 16:00
They will broadcast this on tv?
Probably not, but in a live youtube or twitch stream. F1 probably live on their youtube channel. It might show up in this link or similar: https://www.youtube.com/user/Formula1/v ... &flow=grid
Rivals, not enemies.

izzy

Marc.W wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 16:15
Wrestling with a 20nm wheel for 3 hours definitely burned some calories, my t-shirt was damp afterwards
well look i'm not putting it down :) just saying it's not really counting as exercise on its own. You get hot cos you're indoors and your brain burns calories and it's stressing. 20nm is the maximum on your rig? That's 2kg/m or say 6kg at the rim and your arms weigh about 4kg probably and it's probably never at that peak and only any significant level for a small portion of the lap. Lift one arm a bit and the other will turn the wheel on its own. So @kimetic's point is working the muscles you use to breathe to get them fit and strong for if your lungs fill up with fluid, and gaming isn't going to do that is it? We need to go for a run, and that'll burn up the adrenaline and fats as well

Zynerji

G27 wheel with force feedback turned up will DEFINITELY make you sweat over a race distance.

ncx
ncx

hollus wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 12:56
Well, chess is still on. /runs away/
Didn't somebody say that F1 is "chess at 300kph"? :D

izzy

Zynerji wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 17:01
G27 wheel with force feedback turned up will DEFINITELY make you sweat over a race distance.
doing almost anything for 1.5 hours in a nice warm room will make you sweat :D . Washing up, vacuuming, painting, arguing...

gaming isn't exercise, from the point of view of trying to do what you can to be ready just in case you get covid-19

the EDGE

So from what I can see only 1 F1 driver has signed up to this and they only have 5 drivers in total

What a pity

Wouter

DChemTech wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 16:07
Verstappen turned it down despite being an e-racer already, because he doesn't play F1 2019
and doesn't want to take time to learn it.
That isn't what he said.
This is what he said:

"“I don’t play that game and I would have to adapt to it,” said Verstappen. “That would take a few days, and that doesn’t make much sense as I’m busy with other things, other games. I would have to switch too much, and that doesn’t work.”
The Power of Dreams!

bosyber

Yeah, the guys that are into it are doing iRacing; Norris turning up for last weeks race was sporting, is he playing both, or just going with it for fun? And today he's also already in something else, so not going for this one. Race drivers are competitive, they are not easily persuaded to just go into something where they know they are not going to be competitive, because they haven't had nearly any time to prepare.

bluechris

Wouter wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 16:07
Verstappen turned it down despite being an e-racer already, because he doesn't play F1 2019
and doesn't want to take time to learn it.
That isn't what he said.
This is what he said:

"“I don’t play that game and I would have to adapt to it,” said Verstappen. “That would take a few days, and that doesn’t make much sense as I’m busy with other things, other games. I would have to switch too much, and that doesn’t work.”
Oh come on, even in this he is looking his good image not to be beaten? Jesus this kid never stop to amuse me.

Sawtooth-spike

In the UK we have the choice of Online, or watching via Sky

I really hope online get WAY more views, so F1 realise they can get more views from an online platform rather than Corrupt TV overlord.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

nzjrs

Look at the confirmed entry list and tell me this isn't an embarrassing joke: https://www.racefans.net/2020/03/22/who ... rand-prix/

RZS10

There's two current F1 drivers and a bunch of failures and no-ones ... i don't understand why they push certain streamers that much... the biggest joke however is calling them "athletes"

jjn9128

If I'm not mistaken Ant Davidson did a lot of the development driving for the car model for codemasters... could be embarrassing for him... :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

the EDGE

Ringleheim wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 22:55
Anyone watching?!

Well not now cos it turned into a complete farce, but Landos twitch stream was HILARIOUS 🤣