Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
639
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

Joe Hudson wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:34 pm
quick question anyone know how many the laps the mugello race is going to have
305km / 5.245km = 58 laps.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
Juzh
516
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:24 pm
Joe Hudson wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:34 pm
quick question anyone know how many the laps the mugello race is going to have
305km / 5.245km = 58 laps.
Race distance is defined by a lap that hits at least 300 km + 1 extra. So it'll be 59.
58 x 5,245 = 304,21 + 5,245 = 309,455

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
639
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

Juzh wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:49 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:24 pm
Joe Hudson wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:34 pm
quick question anyone know how many the laps the mugello race is going to have
305km / 5.245km = 58 laps.
Race distance is defined by a lap that hits at least 300 km + 1 extra. So it'll be 59.
58 x 5,245 = 304,21 + 5,245 = 309,455
Ah, thanks. I did wonder but wasn't sure. Close enough for FIA work, of course... :lol:
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
godlameroso
422
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

Lap times in race pace will be 1:22's at the sharp end. 1:15 ish for pole. Very similar times to Barcelona.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

User avatar
Juzh
516
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

godlameroso wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Lap times in race pace will be 1:22's at the sharp end. 1:15 ish for pole. Very similar times to Barcelona.
As will overall competitiveness it seems.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
12
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

Juzh wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:44 pm
godlameroso wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Lap times in race pace will be 1:22's at the sharp end. 1:15 ish for pole. Very similar times to Barcelona.
As will overall competitiveness it seems.
Yeah, but instead of that garbage track in Barcelona, this is a real, old school track, where it's fun to watch cars fly around corners even if they are doing it single file.

You don't need to have a ton of passing/competitiveness to enjoy the spectacle of F1 on a track like Mugello.

It would be great if we would go to Italy 3 times every year, and get rid of as many of the garbage new tracks as possible.

holeindalip
holeindalip
14
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:58 am
Location: Decatur,IL USA

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:07 am
Juzh wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:44 pm
godlameroso wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Lap times in race pace will be 1:22's at the sharp end. 1:15 ish for pole. Very similar times to Barcelona.
As will overall competitiveness it seems.
Yeah, but instead of that garbage track in Barcelona, this is a real, old school track, where it's fun to watch cars fly around corners even if they are doing it single file.

You don't need to have a ton of passing/competitiveness to enjoy the spectacle of F1 on a track like Mugello.

It would be great if we would go to Italy 3 times every year, and get rid of as many of the garbage new tracks as possible.
Yes, those engineering marvels look beautiful going around here...

User avatar
Big Tea
125
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Post

They defiantly need blimp here for filming. The switch from stream to stream makes me dizzy
I am very much in favour of filtered water. Preferably passed through a brewery