2020 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 31-02 July / August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 31-02 July / August

I must say that Stroll is impressing me this season, he’s shown flashes of talent in the past, but this season the Tracing Point seems to really suit him.

Tbh, it’s really good to see he’s not just another crap pay driver and his fathers investment in him is justified.

I’m also really happy to see Hulk get a good car under him, yes Danny Ric demolished him last year, but he’s still a very solid driver and imo better than Checo.
"In downforce we trust"

McMika98

Any 20 drivers on the grid driving the Merc will impress, car is just hooked and well balanced, fast in slow medium and high speed. Just too easy to get a good lap. Not saying Stroll isn't a good driver, he is solid talent but gets a bad rep.

MtthsMlw

Let's see how they manage their tyres during the race like that.

casper

JordanMugen wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 19:31
dans79 wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 19:28
You've made no claim about what the weather will be, just that the models are wrong. Thus i can't say you are wrong, but you also have no claim to being correct either.
Godlameroso is obviously heavily involved in developing improved weather/atmospheric models and the computational capacity to calculate them, and is thus well aware of the deficiencies of the present, less computationally expensive, models used by all the major bureaus. =D>
Plenty of weather APIs in Github. I'm sure there will be some posts there about forecast calculation models.

Schuttelberg

Boy! The amount of rubbish that was written about Lance and now suddenly the switch just because he has a better car. :lol:

In a day and age where there's so much data and facts readily available, it's amazing how perception changes not based on a driver's true performance but on the basis of the car.

I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. The engineers never get the credit when they build a beast and never the slack when they build a trolley.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

djos

Look at his junior results, he was pretty decent. He’s not rubbish and he did have some good results in the last few years in F1 due to his ability to race well and stay out of trouble.

Qualifying was definitely a huge weakness for him which he seems to be fixing this year.

Apparently JPM is his driver coach now and that seems to he working for him.
"In downforce we trust"

mkay

Seems like godlameroso was wrong. Forecast firmly in low-20C today.

Phil

I dont think many people are judging Stroll because of the car, but because of his performance relative to Perez.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Just_a_fan

mkay wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 12:26
Seems like godlameroso was wrong. Forecast firmly in low-20C today.
I'm 10 miles away and it's getting increasingly cloudy and the breeze is a bit gusty. Low 20C and a bit humid. It feels like we might get a shower of rain later, but I would expect it'll be later in the day.

I can see the gusty breeze catching out drivers during qualifying.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Bsowles

Question from a rookie, gentlemen (just my 3rd year following F1): what is that “T” shaped unit above the cockpit/on top of the air intake? Is that some sort of a camera? Sorry if this is somewhat off topic. Enjoy the race weekend, guys.

Just_a_fan

Bsowles wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 13:06
Question from a rookie, gentlemen (just my 3rd year following F1): what is that “T” shaped unit above the cockpit/on top of the air intake? Is that some sort of a camera? Sorry if this is somewhat off topic. Enjoy the race weekend, guys.
Yes, it's the location of one of the FIA cameras.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

Did anyone catch Lewis's radio? Before his last run Bono told him where he was loosing time, and that the difference was the strat mode.

Surely they are in the same mode?
197 104 103 7

Bsowles

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 13:09
Bsowles wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 13:06
Yes, it's the location of one of the FIA cameras.
Thank you, Just_A_Fan.

PlatinumZealot

dans79 wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 13:12
Did anyone catch Lewis's radio? Before his last run Bono told him where he was loosing time, and that the difference was the strat mode.

Surely they are in the same mode?
They charge up in the cool off laps so maybe he forgot to switch it back...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏