2020 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps, August 28 - 30

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
langedweil

Re: 2020 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps, August 28 - 30

Hands up to create a thread named "bitchfight" ?
HuggaWugga !

ringo

NathanOlder wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 22:19
dans79 wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 22:17
The rules don't care about the wall. If memory serves, the rules basically stipulate, inside of, or on the line are considered legal. pushing a driver to the point that they have their outer wheels completely over the line is not.
Yeah, so if that is the case, Sergio actually didnt do anything wrong as Gasly didnt go over the white line.

Then when we look at the Schumacher incident, he pushed Rubens all the way over the white line, yet a couple of users here cant see any difference.
Segio is just racing hard and on to the limit. He left enough room. where he would be wrong if he moved suddenly towards to Gasly even if it left enough room, or if he closed the gap down turning into Gasley path even if he left exact room.
What was commendable though is that Perez actually opened up the space once he saw that the track started to turn left. So he was actually obeying the rules very well. Just hard racing from Perez which is perfectly fair.
For Sure!!

NathanOlder

langedweil wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 03:47
Hands up to create a thread named "bitchfight" ?
I think its more, Wass85 and Moore77 need to read the rules again, Sergio (was borderline) Michael broke the rules, Pierre did nothing wrong and Rubens was pushed off the track. Of the 4 , 1 got a penalty. Thats was Schumacher. The rules back this up. Most people here can see why, other than wass and moore.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

ringo wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 03:24
Moore77 wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 19:45
NathanOlder wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 19:41
yeah, to me thats about 1.9m. what the hell are you looking at 🙄???
What stopped Barrichello from sticking to White line and not cross it? Because as per your definition, white line was the track and there was no room for overtaking! So that makes Barrichello wrong. When he was alongside, he was already out of race track! The guy ahead is entitled for the race track position.

https://i.imgur.com/4H3wLod.png
You may need to brush up on your rules. If you have one wheel on the track and the other 3 are over the line, you are still on the track. Barichello did not overtake outside of the track.
I think Rubens did go outside the track briefly just at the point where the pit wall ends. But he was only there because Michael forced him there.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Moore77

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 09:19
ringo wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 19:45
What stopped Barrichello from sticking to White line and not cross it? Because as per your definition, white line was the track and there was no room for overtaking! So that makes Barrichello wrong. When he was alongside, he was already out of race track! The guy ahead is entitled for the race track position.

https://i.imgur.com/4H3wLod.png
You may need to brush up on your rules. If you have one wheel on the track and the other 3 are over the line, you are still on the track. Barichello did not overtake outside of the track.
I think Rubens did go outside the track briefly just at the point where the pit wall ends. But he was only there because Michael forced him there.
No. He was there despite knowing he would run out of track for that overtake. Overtly ambitious move, just like that of Hamilton in Spain 2016, except he survived because of track surface. If there would be marbles instead of concered beside the white line, Barrichello wouldn't have dared to go there and we wouldn't be talking this.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

NathanOlder

Moore77 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 09:22
NathanOlder wrote:
ringo wrote:

No. He was there despite knowing he would run out of track for that overtake. Overtly ambitious move, just like that of Hamilton in Spain 2016, except he survived because of track surface. If there would be marbles instead of concered beside the white line, Barrichello wouldn't have dared to go there and we wouldn't be talking this.
Your not thinking like a racer, The gap was there, he got his car in the gap, Schumacher is then obliged to leave room for Rubens end of story.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Moore77

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 09:28
Moore77 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 09:22
NathanOlder wrote:

Your not thinking like a racer, The gap was there, he got his car in the gap, Schumacher is then obliged to leave room for Rubens end of story.
Why should I think like a racer. You just need a bit of common sense to know that the gap was closing. End of the story. Is that not what Hamilton did in 2019 Canada? Back off or take risk of colliding. Why was he not thinking like a racer, like you do.

Fulcrum

Moore77 wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 20:11
That is an opinion. There will always be differing opinions. What you think is not a fact.
You should make an audio book of these sentences and play it back to yourself every time prior to posting.

erudite450

Fulcrum wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:13
Moore77 wrote:
That is an opinion. There will always be differing opinions. What you think is not a fact.
You should make an audio book of these sentences and play it back to yourself every time prior to posting.
:D :D :D =D> =D> =D>

Moore77

Fulcrum wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
The feeling is mutual. Thanks.

Moore77

erudite450 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:18
Fulcrum wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
Where did you go for training as a cheerleader? Very nice performance. =D>

Schuttelberg

I don't tend to take team radio's too seriously as its heat of the moment stuff. However, when they become as cluttered and dysfunctional as it is at Ferrari, it's alarming. Every week there's a new dose of nonsense and it's happening on either side of the garage.
Something is very seriously broken in that camp. I'm not one of those guys who thinks 'change' or calling for people's heads is an answer to issues but there has to be a RESET done over there and I know one bloke is leaving but they need to trust their drivers more and communicate plans with them very clearly. The drivers CANNOT be your chief strategists on the fly. You have to improvise and keep changing as per the situation in a race, yes, but the directive needs to come from the pit wall and not the cockpit.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

dans79

Moore77 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:43
erudite450 wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:

Weren't you just the one complaining about name calling!
197 104 103 7

Moore77

dans79 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 13:23
Moore77 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:43
erudite450 wrote:

Weren't you just the one complaining about name calling!
Oh dude. Get out of the hole. It's not name calling. I love cheer leaders and I am inquiring about it. I am waiting for her response yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheerleading

El Scorchio

Schuttelberg wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:49
I don't tend to take team radio's too seriously as its heat of the moment stuff. However, when they become as cluttered and dysfunctional as it is at Ferrari, it's alarming. Every week there's a new dose of nonsense and it's happening on either side of the garage.
Something is very seriously broken in that camp. I'm not one of those guys who thinks 'change' or calling for people's heads is an answer to issues but there has to be a RESET done over there and I know one bloke is leaving but they need to trust their drivers more and communicate plans with them very clearly. The drivers CANNOT be your chief strategists on the fly. You have to improvise and keep changing as per the situation in a race, yes, but the directive needs to come from the pit wall and not the cockpit.
Totally. It's a complete mess from top to bottom and the drivers are clearly both fed up. The Vettel thing with strategy in Spain was ridiculous. They either didn't know or they purposely didn't help him. Both of which things are poor beyond belief for any team, let alone Ferrari