2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

Big Tea wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 22:20
LM10 wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 21:52
Big Tea wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 20:16
Hmmmm, not one mask
Sarcasm? :)
Wondering on the timeframe of the vid. looks more like football
Yeah that video is years old, and I'm pretty sure its football.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wass85

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 23:34
Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 19:49
Crazy to think Hamilton is now not far off a race ban.
crazy to think that a race ban would even influence the outcome, he's gonna be 7-title WDC this year no matter what. 'haters gonna hate'.
Don't wish away his title just yet.

sosic2121

Schuttelberg wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 19:00
NathanOlder wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:42
Schuttelberg wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 13:54

Pretty easily, I would say the worst F1 driver I have seen.

Thats harsh on Massa, or please tell me your not talking about Bottas ? If Bottas is the worst F1 driver you have seen, you clearly have only watched the 2 Mercedes cars this year and no other car in F1 ever. Come on man , be serious.
Yes I am talking about Bottas. I think Felipe was a feisty little character and while he was no Hamilton, he wasn't a pu$$y! Obviously, I'm not talking about the likes of Badoer or Yammmamoto or Ide but I don't think I've seen a worse driver than Bottas in a championship capable car and he's the worst by some margin. Obviously, he'll win another couple of races this year but he is not the foot nail of Rosberg and let's not even talk about Hamilton even though Lewis is Lewis and being his team mate is very hard.
I agree with this. But couple of times when Lewis dropped the ball, he would step up and keep Ferraris from winning.

Maybe he has No.2 in his contract. And he's doing a perfect job.

SiLo

Why not increase the delta for the VSC a little and then use it primarily unless there is a big accident or debris on the track?

It's quite clear the safety car was deployed only to spice things up.
Felipe Baby!

Wass85

SiLo wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 15:12
Why not increase the delta for the VSC a little and then use it primarily unless there is a big accident or debris on the track?

Exactly, why don't they just introduce a speed limit when the VSC is activated?

sosic2121

SiLo wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 15:12

If that's the case, why would they spoil the show with VSC!?

i70q7m7ghw

Great video on this page showing the start of the SC period from car 44, the call to box and the pitlane closure signs https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 7IkGi.html

Literally an extra second either way and he would have been fine, gutting in some ways for Merc.

SiLo

Diesel wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 16:12
Great video on this page showing the start of the SC period from car 44, the call to box and the pitlane closure signs https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 7IkGi.html

Literally an extra second either way and he would have been fine, gutting in some ways for Merc.
Wait, the flashing lights actually switch between SC and X? Surely that could be missed as well?
Felipe Baby!

SiLo wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 17:11
Diesel wrote:

Wait, the flashing lights actually switch between SC and X? Surely that could be missed as well?
No, I think only the last two boards before the pit lane entry flashed Pit Lane Closed, which in itself is a bit confusing.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

foxmulder_ms

214270 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 17:45
SiLo wrote:
Diesel wrote:

No, I think only the last two boards before the pit lane entry flashed Pit Lane Closed, which in itself is a bit confusing.

It is gutting for me as a Merc/Ham fan. It should have been much clearer. Pit lane closure should be anounced like SC announcement... It shouldn't be "hidden" like this. Others saw because they had almost half a minute to react.

Anyhow, to the next race we go. Go Ham win **all** the remaining races... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PlatinumZealot

This is why HAM will never get consecutive wins like Vettel or MSC.. The system is more rigged against him to "spice up the show". There was little concern of spicing up the show in MSC or Vettels or Rosbergs times.

In MSC time it was his sport. He was the king and no one dared disrupt proceedings.

In Vettel's time.. The show was fairly spicy already. We had a close top 8 and passing was much easier. FIA would let it be. Crown the Wunderkind!

For Rosberg's run of wins.. He was allowed because that was the spice! Jet lee Vs Bruce Lee. And Jet Lee was winnning!

Now with Lewis.. He is running away with it just like Schu did... But competition at front is non-existent, Max is driving by himself for 3rd, amd the FIA are not friends with Lewis. Worse the new owners are dead set on "lotto-fying" the whole thing. Or is "NASCARifying" a better term? Anyway.. The cards are stacked against Lewis every getting a clear road to beat the consecutive wins recors. It is on record I don't expect him to beat.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 19:54
This is why HAM will never get consecutive wins like Vettel or MSC.. The system is more rigged against him to "spice up the show". There was little concern of spicing up the show in MSC or Vettels or Rosbergs times.

In MSC time it was his sport. He was the king and no one dared disrupt proceedings.

In Vettel's time.. The show was fairly spicy already. We had a close top 8 and passing was much easier. FIA would let it be. Crown the Wunderkind!

For Rosberg's run of wins.. He was allowed because that was the spice! David vs Goliath.

Now with Lewis.. He is running away with it just like Schu did... But competition at front is non-existent, Max is driving by himself for 3rd, amd the FIA are not friends with Lewis. Worse the new owners are dead set on "lotto-fying" the whole thing. Or is "NASCARifying" a better term? Anyway.. The cards are stacked against Lewis every getting a clear road to beat the consecutive wins recors. It is on record I don't expect him to beat.
On come on... I’m a big fan of Hamilton but this wasn’t a case of let’s spice things up for Hamilton. Mercedes has at least 60 people watching screens, that no one is scrolling trough thé announcements, even when they are on page 4 is beyond me. That Sauber missed it... well, almost expected.

If we look at history, how many times did Hamilton screw up a SC restart? I can’t remember. Even as a tire change moment it was perfect, the only times Mercedes dropped the ball recent years.

The mistake was all Mercedes, as always with them... it’s the small things... parts of a few cents, silly strategy calls (like Monaco 2017?) or not fast enough with the rules (Germany 2019, Monza 2020)

Still some improvements until ultimate perfection

Sieper

Thank,you Jolle, good to read as I know you indeed a re a real Hamilton fan and some of these thought lines posted here make me raise my eyebrows.

i70q7m7ghw

214270 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 17:45
SiLo wrote:
Correct, the last two boards which would have been flashing already changed to flashing an "X" symbol.

sosic2121

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 19:54

For Rosberg's run of wins.. He was allowed because that was the spice! Jet lee Vs Bruce Lee. And Jet Lee was winnning!

I admit that it's a little bit unluckily for Lewis and anyone in Mercedes not to realise that pit is closed but to say that system is rigged against Lewis is preposterous.