2020 Eifel Grand Prix - Nürburgring, October 9-11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: 2020 Eifel Grand Prix - Nürburgring, October 9-11

Yes, proof that he has won in a third best car. That was a barnstormer of a race.

I am not sure what to expect here, the turns look very fast and there are the chicanes..

Redbull will be very competitive, possibly fighting for Pole. Racing Point may be best of the rest with Perez possibly being on the podium if Max crashes out.
For Sure!!

godlameroso

Racer X wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 10:54
Last F1 was here Sergio Perez was in the McLaren. It's been that long I guess.

Im pretty sure not much will change other then Racing Point getting within 30 seconds of Hamilton. But Hamilton will be a lot more careful and have a pretty safe race. Bottas will probably be consistent but slightly slower then Ham. The question is Max...

The question is ALWAYS Max

Where will Max finish ahead of Hamilton or behind him?
The Red Bull has improved, the corners are nice and long, and entry oversteer is actually desirable in some time critical corners. This should be a decent track for RB16. Should be able to qualify within .3

The big question will be tires, if it's single digits cold and overcast, the hard tire will be useless as it will be hard to get enough temperature in them. The soft tire will be a good race tire but will require a two stop, the medium might be good but might suffer graining and have inconsistent balance like in Sochi.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

ringo wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 18:57
Yes, proof that he has won in a third best car. That was a barnstormer of a race.

I am not sure what to expect here, the turns look very fast and there are the chicanes..

Redbull will be very competitive, possibly fighting for Pole. Racing Point may be best of the rest with Perez possibly being on the podium if Max crashes out.
Sector 3 is basically a chicane, and a painfully long and slow corner. Mark my words, Verstappen will smash sector 3 because of the tricks he knows regarding the chicane. The chicane exit has a dip in the road, and if you know the secret to that chicane vs someone who doesn't you can easily gain as much as .4 on that corner alone.
Saishū kōnā

Racer X

ringo wrote:

Well we did not get to see the car's upgrade thus far because Stroll had 2 accidents. But Strolls times in free practice were all slower then Perez on the old spec. So Maybe in the hands of Perez it might be good enough for podium "Contender-ship" outright.
This really highlights Aston Martins desire to be competitive. I think it might be competitive because Perez was 30seconds off Bottas at the last race with an Old Spec car.
But I might be wrong it might only be good enough for 4th and only.

What I mean by "contendership" :D :D :D :D :D :D is that it might be in that region where good strategy and a MasterDrive could give a driver a solid chance. It might not require any luck. Unlike the other podiums this year that all took place because of dumb luck. At least in the hands of Perez anyway, in the hands of Stroll the best it was pushing for was a solid top 7 so sad.

EDIT:
**In my opinion only Max and Hamilton have earned their podiums/wins Bottas is on the podium because of the car and has wins when Hamilton or Max have incidents

EDIT EDIT: ALSO Albon Norris Stroll Gasly ect.Have also been lucky they have all been on the Podium only when Max Hamilton & Hamiltons wingman have had incidents as well.**
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

Hate to say it, but, Hamilton domination if dry.

He loves this track. Max might love it too I suppose.

If it rains.... We are in for the best race of the year...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racer X

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 22:11

I wouldn't mind another wild one.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

godlameroso wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 19:13
ringo wrote:

Sector 3 is basically a chicane, and a painfully long and slow corner. Mark my words, Verstappen will smash sector 3 because of the tricks he knows regarding the chicane. The chicane exit has a dip in the road, and if you know the secret to that chicane vs someone who doesn't you can easily gain as much as .4 on that corner alone.
Is Max the only one who knows this trick? Others have raced at the circuit so maybe others also know how to maximise the time available.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

LM10
LM10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 22:11

You misspelled “Love”. :D

tangodjango
tangodjango

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 23:31
godlameroso wrote:
ringo wrote:

Is Max the only one who knows this trick? Others have raced at the circuit so maybe others also know how to maximise the time available.
"Love conquers all."
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

godlameroso

Just_a_fan wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
ringo wrote:

Others know the track, and the details of that corner, but the trick is intuitive, and we've seen that the RB16 rides the bumps better than other cars. These two factors combined will see Verstappen nail that chicane. It's not enough to minimize tire slip on exit, there's a certain way to straight line it but it requires riding the kerbs in a certain way. Verstappen is the only one I've seen ride the kerbs in the 'correct' way consistently this year. Watch his Sochi Q3 onboard.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

When cars could really curb ride.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zibby43
zibby43

As far as tires are concerned, the Mercs love cooler temperatures.

DAS may come in handy here.

I'm guessing that the Merc-powered cars will take fresh PUs here, which may give them a little boost.

NathanOlder

ringo wrote:

Hope Perez gets on the podium, I had a bet at the start of the year on both Racing Point drivers to score a podium this season, and Racing Point to be in the top 4 in the constructors standings [-o< Think it was around 18/1 odds, so I put £50 on it :lol:

On the Racing Point subject, do we know if Racing Point have enough parts for Perez ? After Lance was involved in a crash last race.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Mogster

Sunday looking very cold now 3°C-8°C.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

godlameroso wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 01:31
Just_a_fan wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Others know the track, and the details of that corner, but the trick is intuitive, and we've seen that the RB16 rides the bumps better than other cars. These two factors combined will see Verstappen nail that chicane. It's not enough to minimize tire slip on exit, there's a certain way to straight line it but it requires riding the kerbs in a certain way. Verstappen is the only one I've seen ride the kerbs in the 'correct' way consistently this year. Watch his Sochi Q3 onboard.
Too bad you've just told everyone about his "secret" :lol: