2020 Eifel Grand Prix - Nürburgring, October 9-11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
foxmulder_ms

Re: 2020 Eifel Grand Prix - Nürburgring, October 9-11

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 17:35
Vertsappen tyres were actually in more trouble. Hamilton makes a habbit of bluffing his tyres are dead. Even He and Bonno very well can see the data says otherwise.

Max was being dropped and dropped hard. Three tenths a lap and growing. Likely would have ended the race over 15 seconds behind.
Max had NO chance. Ham put 4-5 sec in 2 labs after he cleared Bottas. Bottas was slowing Ham.

Big Tea

El Scorchio wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 19:53
Scorpaguy wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 17:57
...my gut reaction is to view all in-race communications from Ham as suspicious. Ham races with with his head more than his right foot.
I think that would apply to all the drivers TBH, to some extent.
It's also worth remembering all the drivers are talking all the time to their engineers. The broadcasters only pick the juicy ones and build narratives and drama in a race from them, which is why you only ever get the messages from Hamilton and Verstappen 'moaning' about something while leading- usually tyres, safety car speed or something technical which might just make you think there could be something exciting happening (there very rarely is) or any fallout from a collision.

It's ALL fluff and needs to be taken with a grain of salt really, unless it's engine problems like with Norris or Bottas at the weekend.

It give the impression Hamilton and Verstappen particularly are screaming maniacs in their cars when actually not really. You only have to listen to the last laps of Silverstone 1 when Hamilton's tyre blows to see actually how calm and cool under pressure they really are.
I wonder if it is FIA F1 r whoever controls what we hear 'spicing up the show' again by feeding us these titbits?
We don't get them at the correct time, and we probably get the whole transmission either.

For instance, during a normal 'check in' from pit to car, if it went how is everything--Fine, How are the tyres holding up can we do 20 laps on this set? -the fronts are showing graining they wont make it to the end, if I need to push later.

could easily be shown as -fronts are showing graining they wont make it to the end-
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Mchamilton

Racer X wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 18:47
graham.reeds wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 16:46
LM10 wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 17:23
If that's not dominance then what is? It's almost harder to not win in the W11 than the other way around.
Maybe once Hamilton has wrapped up the championship we start a petition to let Hulkenburg get a win.
I like Hulk as much as the next guy but i hate when some one gets on the podium who didnt earn it and i like keep in mind if LUCK put them there.

Like as much as i dont like Maldonado he had a one time moment of brilliance he earned a podium. Like Ricciardo this weekend was only there because Norris lost his engine and so did Bottas. even if he beat Perez i still think Bottas and Norris were fast so luck is on thing --- happens good for Ricciardo but this obsession people have with Hulk getting a podium i hope it happens but it needs to be earned.
mandonaldo go seriously lucky with mclaren under fueling lewis in qualifying, pastor would have won that race had hamilton started on pole.

Racer X

Mchamilton wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 21:00
Racer X wrote:
graham.reeds wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 16:46

Maybe once Hamilton has wrapped up the championship we start a petition to let Hulkenburg get a win.
I like Hulk as much as the next guy but i hate when some one gets on the podium who didnt earn it and i like keep in mind if LUCK put them there.

Like as much as i dont like Maldonado he had a one time moment of brilliance he earned a podium. Like Ricciardo this weekend was only there because Norris lost his engine and so did Bottas. even if he beat Perez i still think Bottas and Norris were fast so luck is on thing --- happens good for Ricciardo but this obsession people have with Hulk getting a podium i hope it happens but it needs to be earned.
mandonaldo go seriously lucky with mclaren under fueling lewis in qualifying, pastor would have won that race had hamilton started on pole.

Dude I hate that guy 🤣 I hate Maldonado he wasted lots of time for other driver's to develop a lot sooner in Formula 1. We could have had a few other young driver's in the seats he wasted. To me this includes Grosjean how is he still in the sport.

But anyways Maldonado did actually have one brilliant race. McLaren might have under fueled but there were other cars on track with stronger more competitive cars and they didn't beat him in a Williams. The guys an idiot but that day he was brilliant. I wanted him to spin at every corner and it didn't happen. Haha 🤣 that basterd is a GP winner.

But anyways I hope Hulk one day EARNS a podium nobody deserves a podium.

But just for myself I always ignore lucky podiums'. Gasly/Stroll/Carlos this year in Italy all luck. So it's like not impressive for me but that's just how I feel about it.

I just don't think Ricciardo could have beaten Norris and no way he could have caught up to Bottas. Forget Bottas getting engine failure but 2 cars ahead of you with engine failure.
You can't be cocky you gotta recognize that they lost as apposed to you beating them.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

NathanOlder

Williams and Maldonado got seriously lucky that day, It was a Pirelli lottery and they got the winning ticket. If the car was good or the driver was good, they would have scored more than 20pts in the other 19 races.

As for Ricciardo vs Norris, in a standard clear race with no mechanical issues and no VSC/SC , Ricciardo beat Norris. Renault/Ricciardo got seriously unlucky with thier pit stop, as soon as Ric committed to the pit, the VSC pretty much ended. So the early stop was not worth it. Up until that point Ric cleared Charles and was running away. Ricciardo fully deserved to be best of the rest. If the VSC stayed out for another 15 sec, they pretty much all would have pit. if all cars were reliable he would have finished 4th, in a car that is 5th fastest as best. A podium was fully deserved in my opinion.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

He still had to fight Alonso. Perez lost his first win in Malaysia because he could hold the pressure of Alonso behind, so props to the maldonated one. A true winner.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

El Scorchio

Big Tea wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 20:59
El Scorchio wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 19:53
Scorpaguy wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 17:57
...my gut reaction is to view all in-race communications from Ham as suspicious. Ham races with with his head more than his right foot.
I think that would apply to all the drivers TBH, to some extent.
It's also worth remembering all the drivers are talking all the time to their engineers. The broadcasters only pick the juicy ones and build narratives and drama in a race from them, which is why you only ever get the messages from Hamilton and Verstappen 'moaning' about something while leading- usually tyres, safety car speed or something technical which might just make you think there could be something exciting happening (there very rarely is) or any fallout from a collision.

It's ALL fluff and needs to be taken with a grain of salt really, unless it's engine problems like with Norris or Bottas at the weekend.

It give the impression Hamilton and Verstappen particularly are screaming maniacs in their cars when actually not really. You only have to listen to the last laps of Silverstone 1 when Hamilton's tyre blows to see actually how calm and cool under pressure they really are.
I wonder if it is FIA F1 r whoever controls what we hear 'spicing up the show' again by feeding us these titbits?
We don't get them at the correct time, and we probably get the whole transmission either.

For instance, during a normal 'check in' from pit to car, if it went how is everything--Fine, How are the tyres holding up can we do 20 laps on this set? -the fronts are showing graining they wont make it to the end, if I need to push later.

could easily be shown as -fronts are showing graining they wont make it to the end-
I would bet you're correct on that!

SiLo

PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 01:13
He still had to fight Alonso. Perez lost his first win in Malaysia because he could hold the pressure of Alonso behind, so props to the maldonated one. A true winner.
Thought Perez was behind but was a lot faster? Then made a mistake and dropped back.
Felipe Baby!

PlatinumZealot

SiLo wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 12:08
PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 01:13
Thought Perez was behind but was a lot faster? Then made a mistake and dropped back.
Yes likely... I am going from memory. But Yes, the winner's trophy had Perez's name all over it and he dropped it. If he had only measured himself in that one corner he would have been a winner. Unfortunately he would have likely still ended up at McLaren still! lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NL_Fer

Racer X wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 21:45
Mchamilton wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 21:00
Racer X wrote:

Dude I hate that guy 🤣 I hate Maldonado he wasted lots of time for other driver's to develop a lot sooner in Formula 1. We could have had a few other young driver's in the seats he wasted. To me this includes Grosjean how is he still in the sport.

But anyways Maldonado did actually have one brilliant race. McLaren might have under fueled but there were other cars on track with stronger more competitive cars and they didn't beat him in a Williams. The guys an idiot but that day he was brilliant. I wanted him to spin at every corner and it didn't happen. Haha 🤣 that basterd is a GP winner.

But anyways I hope Hulk one day EARNS a podium nobody deserves a podium.

But just for myself I always ignore lucky podiums'. Gasly/Stroll/Carlos this year in Italy all luck. So it's like not impressive for me but that's just how I feel about it.

I just don't think Ricciardo could have beaten Norris and no way he could have caught up to Bottas. Forget Bottas getting engine failure but 2 cars ahead of you with engine failure.
You can't be cocky you gotta recognize that they lost as apposed to you beating them.
What did het waste exactly? He switched from Williams to Lotus, because he thought Willams sucked. But after he switched in 2014 it was Williams who would become 3rd in WCC and Lotus dropped back to become the slowest team.

PlatinumZealot

I think it was more than that. It was some contractual agreement BS. So Maldo picked up his sponsors and left.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

siskue2005

Racer X wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 13:08
siskue2005 wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 08:03
Racer X wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 03:52
Lance has diarrhea...
Diarrhea is one of non respiratory manifestation of Covid 19
The upper respiratory swab wont show positive, but it would be present in the digestive system
Very interesting and I'm glad Hulk was down the street to help. I hope people didn't come too much into contact with Lance and then next race the entire Racing Point team "sits" the next Grand Prix out too...
So it was infact Covid positive for Lance
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... tuguese-gp

So my diagnosis about diarrhea being one of the non respiratory manifestation of Covid 19 has come true 8)

Racer X

siskue2005 wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 11:27
Racer X wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 13:08
siskue2005 wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 08:03

Diarrhea is one of non respiratory manifestation of Covid 19
The upper respiratory swab wont show positive, but it would be present in the digestive system
Very interesting and I'm glad Hulk was down the street to help. I hope people didn't come too much into contact with Lance and then next race the entire Racing Point team "sits" the next Grand Prix out too...
So it was infact Covid positive for Lance
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... tuguese-gp

So my diagnosis about diarrhea being one of the non respiratory manifestation of Covid 19 has come true 8)
Eh right after Jacques Villeneuve said he was not a driver hungy enough for success because everything has been handed easily to him. Also if he was feeling that bad why did he fly home.... He should have taken a COVID test there at the track. He just carried COVID to which ever one of his houses he went to either their drivers homes near Silverstone or Canada? Either way thats negligent. I mean who cares because its Lance but he should have taken another COVID test in Germany and then suddenly hes well Perez who actually got tested kept testing positive even tho he was not physically ill long enough to miss 2 Silverstone GP's and Lance who had diarrhea is going to be magically fit so quickly.

I mean i really dont care its Lance.... So what ever...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ