2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Oct 31 - Nov 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Oct 31 - Nov 01

What sort of car do u guys think the track will suit more?

I find the track diffcult on the game Assetto corsa because the turns are blind, well, I mean the track is very flat and the car is low I can't see the apexes around those right angle turns very well.

I dont play conpetitively i only use it to drive the tracks before the races. Dont ha w the time to play racing games to any high level anymore.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zibby43

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 02:01
Do you mean with respect to the field?

This is definitely one of the more power-sensitive circuits we've had in a few races. Accordingly, I think the Merc may stretch its legs a bit more here in qualifying compared to Germany and Portugal.

Austria/Silverstone-levels of downforce.

Track itself is very narrow, so overtaking in these long/wide cars will be difficult.

Jolle

With no Friday sync the sim day, we might see some surprises on Saturday and Sunday, at least a field that is closer together then normal.

El Scorchio

Jolle wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 10:33
With no Friday sync the sim day, we might see some surprises on Saturday and Sunday, at least a field that is closer together then normal.
Could definitely be true- if it were a truncated practice at a track the teams have a lot of data on then it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but Imola is something of an unknown for them, relatively.

I wonder if the teams will run markedly different programmes with each car in practice to get as much data as possible. Be interesting to see how they approach it.

Mogster

There’s massive amounts of time to be gained by kerb hopping although in other formulas it risks damage.

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
Don't forget it is on Ferrari's doorstep. They may not be allowed to take their car around, but I would bet there has been several 'lets have a look' style drives in other things
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 02:01

I find the track diffcult on the game Assetto corsa because the turns are blind, well, I mean the track is very flat and the car is low I can't see the apexes around those right angle turns very well.

I dont play conpetitively i only use it to drive the tracks before the races. Dont ha w the time to play racing games to any high level anymore.
McLaren should be fast on most of the corners, it's very good under braking, and attacking the kerbs. The track encourages you to attack the corners with utmost savagery, but if you overstep you pay for it. The track feels amazing in the new style cars, you can carry so much speed into the corners in sector 1. Wing levels should be similar to last round, despite the very long straight. McLaren will struggle in Tosca Piratella and Rivazza, corners that require good mid corner grip. Of course Mercedes will be fast, but I have a feeling McLaren will gel well with this track. Entry oversteer doesn't hurt you too much, if you have the grip on exit it actually helps.

The current version doesn't have the chicane the cars had to go through in 2006, still it's kind of impressive that the cars will be putting in pole times to start the race with full fuel. Lap times are a few tenths slower than Portimao.
Saishū kōnā

Mogster

Quite a few of the current F1 inmates in action here, Max, Gio, Ocon, Latifi. Euro F3 Imola 2014.

Can’t wait for this weekend :D

ispano6

Big Tea wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 13:46
Jolle wrote:
Don't forget it is on Ferrari's doorstep. They may not be allowed to take their car around, but I would bet there has been several 'lets have a look' style drives in other things
Also Alpha Tauri's. If Monza is any indication, I would watch for Gasly as his team is familiar with the track and AT01 seems quite strong now.

Mogster

AT did test at Imola back in June. They had both the current car and the 2018 car so they did quite a lot of running.

NathanOlder

I expect Lewis to really want this one. Last time he raced here he had a bad time in GP2. I remember him being DSQ'd for overtaking the safety car by error.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wouter

No spectators.

The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 15:49
No spectators.

Sad but the sensible choice and the only choice, given the situation.

godlameroso

El Scorchio wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 16:05
Wouter wrote:
No spectators.

I got sick in March, it's almost November. I haven't been sick since, but I never got fully well, despite my O2 saturation returning to normal. Lots of congestion, lots of hot sauce(nearly $90 USD since September) and salt water gargling to clear out my sinuses. I don't wish this on anyone.
Saishū kōnā

Zynerji

godlameroso wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 16:17
El Scorchio wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 16:05
Wouter wrote:
No spectators.

I got sick in March, it's almost November. I haven't been sick since, but I never got fully well, despite my O2 saturation returning to normal. Lots of congestion, lots of hot sauce(nearly $90 USD since September) and salt water gargling to clear out my sinuses. I don't wish this on anyone.
Sorry to hear.

7 cases in my family so far, zero symptoms.