2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, Dec 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, Dec 11 - 13

Big Tea wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 17:41
El Scorchio wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 13:42
Unf wrote:
08 Dec 2020, 22:38
Nobody want to see Hamilton on track - all want to see Russell humiliating Bottas again :)
I think that's just you. We're all well aware of your strong feelings about Hamilton, Bottas and the Mercedes team.
I have to admit I would be very interested in a Hamilton v Russell contest :twisted:
To be fair, i first want to see Russell destroy Bottas again.
Yes it makes me a bit sad for Bottas but he's been 'elevated' and 'defended' to the bone and he has never ever shown even anything slightly representing he has the slightest of talent.

Then, when he is then contracted to race in 2021 in Bottas seat,
to see him take on Lewis. And beat him. Regularly.
And give him a serious run for his money and his chances for a 8th title.

Whilst Vettel and Max make use of that to come into the ring and snatch another couple of wins.

Oh yes, how sweet would this be:

Hamilton
Russell
Verstappen
Perez
LeClerc
Sainz
Alonso
Ricciardo
Vettel

All batteling hard and fair chance for a podium.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

Funny how Norris isn't part of the conversation. Do you think he gets dropped by McLaren by 2022?
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

godlameroso wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 22:55
Funny how Norris isn't part of the conversation. Do you think he gets dropped by McLaren by 2022?
Sainz has exposed him but Macca will keep him on as a good 1.5 driver.
He has good race craft and ood speed. Nothing special but solid.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

godlameroso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 22:58
godlameroso wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 22:55
Sainz has exposed him but Macca will keep him on as a good 1.5 driver.
He has good race craft and ood speed. Nothing special but solid.
He just can't capitalize on those critical moments and ends up on the back foot. Sainz seems to have more race pace than him as well. By about a tenth on average.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

Im looking forward to the interaction between him and Daniel that's for sure.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 22:29
Big Tea wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 17:41
El Scorchio wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 13:42

I think that's just you. We're all well aware of your strong feelings about Hamilton, Bottas and the Mercedes team.
I have to admit I would be very interested in a Hamilton v Russell contest :twisted:
Yes it makes me a bit sad for Bottas but he's been 'elevated' and 'defended' to the bone and he has never ever shown even anything slightly representing he has the slightest of talent.

Then, when he is then contracted to race in 2021 in Bottas seat,
to see him take on Lewis. And beat him. Regularly.
And give him a serious run for his money and his chances for a 8th title.

Whilst Vettel and Max make use of that to come into the ring and snatch another couple of wins.

Oh yes, how sweet would this be:

Hamilton
Russell
Verstappen
Perez
LeClerc
Sainz
Alonso
Ricciardo
Vettel

All batteling hard and fair chance for a podium.
But then you would not have a good measure of Bottas. We know Lewis is stuffing him, and if Russell is there abouts it still does not make Bottas bad. The only way we will compare is to see Bottas in another car with one from the list below.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

LM10
LM10

Big Tea wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 23:08
But then you would not have a good measure of Bottas. We know Lewis is stuffing him, and if Russell is there abouts it still does not make Bottas bad. The only way we will compare is to see Bottas in another car with one from the list below.
To have a good measure of Bottas, it's enough to look at his points at the end of each season. In the fastest F1 car in history he barely managed to stay in front of Max this season. Last year he was in front of Max by only a small margin as well and in 2018 he finished 5th.

TAG

LM10 wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 23:47
Big Tea wrote:
To have a good measure of Bottas, it's enough to look at his points at the end of each season. In the fastest F1 car in history he barely managed to stay in front of Max this season. Last year he was in front of Max by only a small margin as well and in 2018 he finished 5th.
Which is that he's good, certainly top half of the grid on Sunday acumen and one of the best qualifier in the grid. Since in 2018, Mercedes had the 2nd fastest car on the grid and we know Verstappen is head an shoulders a better driver and only finished 2 points ahead of Bottas.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

djos

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 22:29
Bottas got elevated as a safe #2 and it was fairly obvious from day 1. I reckon Mercedes was keen to avoid having another Rosberg who was actually hungry, talented, and willing to fight to win.
"In downforce we trust"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

LM10 wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 23:47
Big Tea wrote:
2018's Merc wasn't even the fastest car on the grid, let alone the fastest car in history...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 23:06
Im looking forward to the interaction between him and Daniel that's for sure.
This is going the be the most smiling and polite driver pairing in F1 history...

I'm looking forward to it!

Moore77

Why is Mercedes not taking a decision on who is driving this weekend? For now, they have confirmed Russell on duty for media events for Thursday. Still waiting on Hamilton's report.
As per news report, all Hamilton needs to do from a driving perspective to be allowed to take part in the Abu Dhabi GP is participate in a practice session or qualifying. For that, he must clear a negative test in Bahrain, travel to Abu Dhabi and isolate until another COVID test comes back negative before Saturday evening.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

dans79

Moore77 wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 06:03
Why is Mercedes not taking a decision on who is driving this weekend? For now, they have confirmed Russell on duty for media events for Thursday. Still waiting on Hamilton's report. Someone doesn't want more humiliation for Bottas I guess.
More like they'd like the seven time world champion that they pay two to two and a half million dollars a race weekend to be in the car.

I can't say I blame them, if I paid that much I'd want him in the car too.
197 104 103 7

Moore77

dans79 wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 06:23
Moore77 wrote:
Why is Mercedes not taking a decision on who is driving this weekend? For now, they have confirmed Russell on duty for media events for Thursday. Still waiting on Hamilton's report. Someone doesn't want more humiliation for Bottas I guess.
More like they'd like the seven time world champion that they pay two to two and a half million dollars a race weekend to be in the car.

I can't say I blame them, if I paid that much I'd want him in the car too.
Are you saying, they would be inconsiderate towards the health suffering of their driver? You think they expect him to drive half fit, because they pay 2.5 million per race? Well, that doesn't go well with their brand, if you are saying what they are doing is right. Besides, that is putting the life of the employee into a big risk and with that, potentially that of the other drivers around him on the track if he ends up making a mistake in a "not fully fit" situation. If I am leading that team, I would ask my precious asset to take good care of himself and come back to work when he is fully fit, especially having done the job required for the season by winning both championships. Don't see a point of asking him to come to work, even if the employee is willing to work, I would be more compassionate to not let him work and insist him on taking good rest.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Moore77 wrote:

As per news report, all Hamilton needs to do from a driving perspective to be allowed to take part in the Abu Dhabi GP is participate in a practice session or qualifying. For that, he must clear a negative test in Bahrain, travel to Abu Dhabi and isolate until another COVID test comes back negative before Saturday evening.
lewis needs to return 4 consecutive negative tests to be grantin access into abu dhabi, according to autosport