New Jeddah circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan

Re: New Jeddah circuit

godlameroso wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 02:26
I'm surprised no one is talking about Losail, it's a nice circuit to drive in an F1 car.
Which game is it on?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godlameroso

Just_a_fan wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 11:25
godlameroso wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 02:26
I'm surprised no one is talking about Losail, it's a nice circuit to drive in an F1 car.
Which game is it on?
rFactor2 and AC has a version, not sure it's very accurate, if it is, the drivers will certainly enjoy themselves.
Saishū kōnā

Bandit1216

Do we have any way to predict whether the not-so-straits are indeed straits (wide open throttle) with dirty air and drs? I think that will be essential for the overtaking. Like before turn 27, one must be able to follow close though 22 - 26 or it will be boring to watch. Or not boring at all, but outright dangerous.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

Manoah2u

FW17 wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 11:48
Don't think they will be able to finish all of it.
SirBastianVettel wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 13:52
If they manage to finish that in time I’ll eat a whole pizza with pineapple.
Mogster wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 10:17
SirBastianVettel wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 13:52
If they manage to finish that in time I’ll eat a whole pizza with pineapple.
Unlimited funds, no labour concerns, no environmental issues to factor, no moaning local residents to pacify…
exactly, with ease they'll manage this, it's also a 'priority', and it would cost them significant funds and image if they don't, so it's not even a question.

As others mentioned, in the unlikeliness that the track will be slippery and oily like Turkey, they'll adress that issue just as easy too. Indeed the local climate will differently effect the track surface and there are plenty of options to attack any issue.

I think one should concider the local weather much more. Will it rain? will there be winds causing lots of sand on the track?

Also, compared to Turkey - obviously slippery is slippery, but let's not forget that they had (a bit aged) data on the Turkey track from racing there before. There is ZERO data on this brand new track - like Zandvoort. This will have a much bigger impact on finding any sweet spot and setups.

Finally though - in the UNLIKELY event that Losail can't happen due to the track surprisingly not being ready, or a FIA inspection discovers the track would not be safe to race on for whatever reason,
is there a replacement track planned?

For Example, if the race can't happen, will they do a different Sakhir race like they did last year with Covid?

I think that it would be hugely anti-climatic and probably also unacceptable from any of the teams, especially the title contenders, to just have 1 race drop and then win/lose the championship on that base, whilst the teams have all prepared and built up to that being the decider?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 11:18

Finally though - in the UNLIKELY event that Losail can't happen due to the track surprisingly not being ready, or a FIA inspection discovers the track would not be safe to race on for whatever reason,
is there a replacement track planned?

For Example, if the race can't happen, will they do a different Sakhir race like they did last year with Covid?

I think that it would be hugely anti-climatic and probably also unacceptable from any of the teams, especially the title contenders, to just have 1 race drop and then win/lose the championship on that base, whilst the teams have all prepared and built up to that being the decider?
I think no one will miss Losail if it doesn't happen - it's going to be a procession with whomever gets through the first corner first going on to win. It's like Hungary but with the high speed 12,13and 14 (and likely 15) near the end of the lap, no one will be able to get close enough to make a pass on the straight.

Marty_Y

Sevach

Marty_Y wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 20:48
Don't know who is gonna be faster... but looks hard to overtake.

siskue2005

this looks crazy :shock:

jjn9128

My feeling is this will be a crap race, so watch it be the most exciting of 2021 :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Just_a_fan

siskue2005 wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 21:01

In that video, it feels like Singapore. I guess that's the night time effect along with the street nature.

nacho

Some fast corners there unless they're easily flat.

Juzh

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 23:41
siskue2005 wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 21:01

In that video, it feels like Singapore. I guess that's the night time effect along with the street nature.
Walls are like singapore, corners however are entirely different story.

SiLo

One thing I can say is that there are going to be some VERY big crashes at this circuit with the way the walls are set out on corner exit. I expect at least one red flag during the race. I think teams might be banking on a no stop strategy here.
Felipe Baby!

kalinka

At least, there will be no big issue with track limits :D

siskue2005

SiLo wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:45
One thing I can say is that there are going to be some VERY big crashes at this circuit with the way the walls are set out on corner exit. I expect at least one red flag during the race. I think teams might be banking on a no stop strategy here.
and lots of vsc and safety cars