2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Apr 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dxpetrov

Re: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Apr 16 - 18

Sieper wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 15:07
dans79 wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 05:39
Sieper wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 22:25
I don’t think Hamilton will let himself be outqualified by Bottas now that Verstappen might be / is in contention.
More like the team won't try to set-up the car to please both drivers equally. Instead they will set it up for maximum performance and that will most likely favor Hamilton more as he can handle a twitchy car better.
In recent history Hamilton has started the season shall we say a bit on the backfoot compared to Bottas. This year from race one he is there. Now it is needed.
Let’s just hope the Lady Luck struck him with a DNF for everyone’s sake, as he’s long time overdue.
The amount of good fortune this man get over the past years is becoming unbearable.

SiLo

dxpetrov wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 17:35
Sieper wrote:
dans79 wrote:

More like the team won't try to set-up the car to please both drivers equally. Instead they will set it up for maximum performance and that will most likely favor Hamilton more as he can handle a twitchy car better.
In recent history Hamilton has started the season shall we say a bit on the backfoot compared to Bottas. This year from race one he is there. Now it is needed.
Let’s just hope the Lady Luck struck him with a DNF for everyone’s sake, as he’s long time overdue.
The amount of good fortune this man get over the past years is becoming unbearable.
He puts himself in a position to capitalise on others mistakes constantly, it's what makes him so good. A lot of his "luck" is careful planning and hard work. The only thing unbearable around here is people complaining about it.

Back on topic - the DRS change should make things a lot more interesting, better detection point and longer zone should see more side by side into the first corner.
Felipe Baby!

Herr_Koos

dxpetrov wrote:
Sieper wrote:
dans79 wrote:

No thanks. I'd rather see a motor race where the competitors fight and beat each other on track.

atanatizante

Low track temperature means softer tyres must be use for better grip around. Then we could see 2 or even 3 stops maybe. I wish I could see another Michael vs. Alonso kind of battle again...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Sieper

SiLo wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 19:28
dxpetrov wrote:
Sieper wrote:

He puts himself in a position to capitalise on others mistakes constantly, it's what makes him so good. A lot of his "luck" is careful planning and hard work. The only thing unbearable around here is people complaining about it.

Back on topic - the DRS change should make things a lot more interesting, better detection point and longer zone should see more side by side into the first corner.
2016 the amount of complaining was also unbearable. Just 1 technical knock out. Some guys have to deal with that 7, 8 times per year.

Just_a_fan

dxpetrov wrote:
Sieper wrote:
dans79 wrote:

"The harder I work, the luckier I become."
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godlameroso

It'll be damp and cold like it was in Istanbul on Sunday, it'll be light rain, but it won't be easy to use slicks, and inters may be the tire to use. The hard tire is useless this time around, it will be too cold for the fronts to work. The mediums will just about be ok, but again may not be a good race tire. So it will be a matter of using softs for qualifying, and then inters or softs for the race. Saving a set of mediums just in case. The hards are redundant this GP.

Then again it may be possible to use slicks as they're only predicting about 3mm of rainfall. It may miss the track altogether.
Saishū kōnā

SiLo

Oh I didn't know there was rain forecast! That could really make things exciting.
Felipe Baby!

Marty_Y

From what I read earlier in the thread there is a 25% chance of rain on Sunday, so it's hardly guaranteed.

PlatinumZealot

dxpetrov wrote:
Sieper wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Whom God has #Blessed# let no man curse. 8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

Let’s leave imaginary friends out of formula one please!
"In downforce we trust"

mclaren111

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 22:25
dxpetrov wrote:
Sieper wrote:

"Luck favors the prepared"

Just_a_fan

mclaren111 wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 09:28
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 22:25
dxpetrov wrote:

"Luck favors the prepared"
Indeed. Everyone thinks he's a playboy type driver but he does the hard yards in the background too. Bottas confirmed this a few years ago:
Speaking to Motorsport.tv’s weekly program The Flying Lap, Bottas said: “I always knew he was a good driver, but I never knew how much he works.

“He works hard, he spends a lot of time with the guys, at the race weekends, visits the factory quite a bit.
Or maybe he's "just so lucky!". :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!