2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
wesley123

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 -18

ringo wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 16:52
This thread is still alive? lol

Just wait till next race people. Max still has a 7 point lead. Or is there a fair he hassome kind of trauma from the showdown that will affect how he races?
I dont get the reason why people are still angry long after the weekend.
Emotional trauma it seems like.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Big Tea

wesley123 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:50
ringo wrote:

Just wait till next race people. Max still has a 7 point lead. Or is there a fair he hassome kind of trauma from the showdown that will affect how he races?
I think he means Max, not the fans :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Hoffman900

Big Tea wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:49
Marty_Y wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:47
Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:41

Massi: Kimi, we need to look at this incident.

Kimi: Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!

:lol:
Having smiled at all above, I think he would be a good steward. I doubt any one could sway Kimi from what his own decision is

(edit, well, without a magnum in their hand)
It’s a half joke. I think he would be a great Steward too. No bs and is a top notch racer. No way would he put up with Horner and Toto’s shenanigans.

Big Tea

Hoffman900 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:52
Big Tea wrote:
Marty_Y wrote:

Having smiled at all above, I think he would be a good steward. I doubt any one could sway Kimi from what his own decision is

It’s a half joke. I think he would be a great Steward too. No bs and is a top notch racer. No way would he put up with Horner and Toto’s shenanigans.
Not without magnums anyway

PS. Not guns for our newer readers.

Hoffman900

Steward Kimi to Massi:
"You forgot to connect the drink through..."
"Yes, confirmed."
"Is the drink on now? Because I have no idea."
"We forgot to connect Kimi. You will not have the drink, sorry."
"Is it on or not? The drink..."
"No, Kimi, you will not have the drink..."
"No, no, no, is the switch on or not?"
"You mean the slow button?"
"No, no, is my drink button emptying the bottle or not?"
"No, no Kimi. You will not have the drink."
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 21 Jul 2021, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Tvetovnato

Kingshark wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:31
Tvetovnato wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 16:49
What is it that is so difficult to understand? It’s overly clear that Verstappen would be guilty of similar offences as Lewis was deemed guilty of earlier this year on two occasions, if it weren’t for Lewis backing out of corners that he was entitled to because he was ahead. Divebomb someone and hoping they will leave a room that they aren’t required to is no schooling or racing skill whatsoever, it’s pure damn luck that nothing happens, and a testament to the other driver’s anticipation and self preservation to not risk a huge points loss.

Not that I expect you to change your mind, since you go on and on about the same thing over and over, but above might help you understand what he means at least.
I love how you completely ignored my point about how Hamilton’s win at Bahrain 2014 was just him pushing Rosberg off the track on numerous occasions. He did the same thing at USA 2015, Suzuka 2015 and Canada 2016.

Hamilton fans are just bitter that there’s someone better than him at dirty driving now.
Oh, you mean like you just ignored my example above? I don’t ever remember those occasions even being brought up by the stewards, and never being referred to as dirty driving before by anyone. But I am not surprised that a fanboy of your calibre is grasping for all straws you can (not only here either, but on other platforms to, trying to prove the same point over and over).

I personally can see Hamilton being at fault at Copse, but also Verstappen to a degree, just as Verstappen have been more at fault in other instances. I don’t see things as black and white as many fanboys here do, simply because they are never black and white. No drivers are super human and always perfect It’s just incredibly annoying when people always make it out to be like that, hence my response.

zibby43

Ryar wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:06
Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:04
Ryar wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 11:59
You just confirmed what i said, especially considering your established driver loyalty. :wink:
If you say so. If you think everyone is jumping up and down in anger then you're mistaken. Most people aren't. Max / Red Bull fans are, most others aren't. The media are happy to stoke up a story that isn't there, but other than that, nope, no one cares.
A classic oxymoron. :wink:
Media is writing the story because there is a reason (51g impact on a human being), you think it's a stoke up, you say no one cares, while clearly there's is a concern all around.
Remember when Max almost killed Kimi, a human being, in Belgium?

Not the first time, either. The White Knight charade for Verstappen is such a joke that it’s time this was posted.

Vettel says it perfectly in the video. Verstappen’s amateurish bully tactics work, so long as the other car just reacts like a defensive driver on the roadway. Hamilton had reacted like that before. But no more.

And at least in Hamilton’s case, he was only partially to blame for what happened (hence the “predominantly” language in the stewards’ report).

wesley123

Big Tea wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:51
wesley123 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:50
ringo wrote:

I think he means Max, not the fans :twisted:
Seeing how Red Bull still seems to be going at it, them probably as well.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

El Scorchio

Hoffman900 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:52
Big Tea wrote:
Marty_Y wrote:

Had he not been involved with Mercedes, Niki Lauda (RIP) would have been a great steward as well, I think. Completely blunt and to the point and (even as a Mercedes employee) not afraid to say so if one of the Mercedes drivers did something wrong.

Gunther Steiner would probably make a very good one were he ever unattached to a team. Although I guess as someone who wasn't a driver, he'd be precluded from doing so.

Big Tea

Hoffman900 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:55
Steward Kimi to Massi:
"You forgot to connect the drink through..."
"Yes, confirmed."
"Is the drink on now? Because I have no idea."
"We forgot to connect Kimi. You will not have the drink, sorry."
"Is it on or not? The drink..."
"No, Kimi, you will not have the drink..."
"No, no, no, is the switch on or not?"
"You mean the slow button?"
"No, no, is my drink button emptying the bottle or not?"
"No, no Kimi. You will not have the drink."
I have spent 5 min trying to link to a clip from father ted but are too dim to do it. shame cos it fits like a glove

dans79

Kingshark wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:31
Hamilton fans are just bitter that there’s someone better than him at dirty driving now.
So Your claiming max is a dirty driver, thats real interesting!
197 104 103 7

zibby43

On a side note, various disreputable outlets have published stories about Jos Verstappen slamming Wolff, Marko hiring a lawyer, etc. I suggested they were likely made up, considering the sources.

Turns out F1 Insider made the Jos story up completely. He never even talked to them. That’s what an incendiary incident like this does to the clickbait sites. They go crazy to get clicks.

Big Tea

zibby43 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 18:05
On a side note, various disreputable outlets have published stories about Jos Verstappen slamming Wolff, Marko hiring a lawyer, etc. I suggested they were likely made up, considering the sources.

Turns out F1 Insider made the Jos story up completely. He never even talked to them. That’s what an incendiary incident like this does to the clickbait sites. They go crazy to get clicks.

https://twitter.com/MaVic009/status/141 ... 34722?s=20
Jos is 'hard' not 'thick'. Did not believe a word

maxxer

can you imagine Max could have been up to 50 points extra clear by now if the team plays it cool and take less risk.
First the blowout going long now this

Kingshark

dans79 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 18:04
So Your claiming max is a dirty driver, thats real interesting!
Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 17:40
:shock: :lol:
There is an art to driving dirty. The art is to be as aggressive as possible without braking any rules. It’s the art of dancing in the grey area.

Rosberg talked about that in a recent interview. He said that it frustrated him how Lewis was always able to get away with moves like USA 2015. That’s because Lewis knew how to stay within the grey area. When Rosberg tried to be aggressive (Spa 2014), he ended up overstepping the mark completely.

Verstappen is even better than Hamilton at knowing how to balance the fine line between harsh racing and breaking the rules. The starts in Imola and Spain were a perfect example. Then when Hamilton tried to be aggressive in Silverstone, he ended up overstepping the mark completely and got a penalty.

Ironic how Verstappen is making Hamilton look like Rosberg.