2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SiLo

Re: 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 16:14
WaikeCU wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 14:48
Those AWS stats imo aren't even close to what in reality is. Just pure marketing partnership that those things are shown on-screen. Pretty sure AWS does a lot of clever stuff, but not like that.
It should get more and more accurate as data builds up. Hmm. It's a good thread idea. Comparing AWS predictions and actual outcomes.
Once it gets too accurate the teams will complain about it revealing data XD
Felipe Baby!

El Scorchio

PlatinumZealot wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
Those AWS stats imo aren't even close to what in reality is. Just pure marketing partnership that those things are shown on-screen. Pretty sure AWS does a lot of clever stuff, but not like that.
It should get more and more accurate as data builds up. Hmm. It's a good thread idea. Comparing AWS predictions and actual outcomes.
Actually, I like that. It would be really interesting. In terms of ballpark they are always going to be there or thereabouts as it's hardly a big swing to predict 'Mercedes and Red Bull will be at the front of the grid in qualifying' but it would be something to pull apart a few of their estimates to see how well they hold up, or how poor they are.

Sometimes their data spectacularly fails the eyesight test.

Tvetovnato

Afraid it will be a quite uneventful race, when looking at the scorching temps for this weekend. Will be mostly management all the way through.

JordanMugen

Tvetovnato wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 16:53
Afraid it will be a quite uneventful race, when looking at the scorching temps for this weekend. Will be mostly management all the way through.
So you don't think Verstappen and Hamilton will take each other off on the first lap then? :wink: :lol:

The likelihood of those two qualifying on the front row is rather high, though Ferrari could surprise with a front-row lockout thanks to their handy chassis. =D>

Big Tea

JordanMugen wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 16:56
Tvetovnato wrote:
So you don't think Verstappen and Hamilton will take each other off on the first lap then? :wink: :lol:

The likelihood of those two qualifying on the front row is rather high, though Ferrari could surprise with a front-row lockout thanks to their handy chassis. =D>
These guys are professional drivers. They will leave the other stuff to team managers.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

El Scorchio

The only way that happens is if Max has been egged on by his team bosses. However, you've got to think he's far too smart to do anything overly silly or risky. Hamilton will just back out of anything if he's in the 'Verstappen position' at any point. I would expect Verstappen to do the same now.

dans79

Tvetovnato wrote:
Afraid it will be a quite uneventful race, when looking at the scorching temps for this weekend.
It doesn't look bad to me, Partly cloudy with a low chance of rain all weekend. Not to mention it will get cooler as the weekend progresses.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/h ... 6r/ICSMR11
197 104 103 7

PlatinumZealot

Max is a very agressive driver. If u know racing u will see he banged wheels and bullied Hamilton across the straight in Silverstone. I like this sort if racing though! so I wont complain! I see Max banging wheels with Lewis in turn 2 and pushing him wide to keep from the inside line into three.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 17:51
Max is a very agressive driver. If u know racing u will see he banged wheels and bullied Hamilton across the straight in Silverstone. I like this sort if racing though! so I wont complain! I see Max banging wheels with Lewis in turn 2 and pushing him wide to keep from the inside line into three.
But now he knows who has the strongest wheels :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

codetower

SiLo wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 16:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
Once it gets too accurate the teams will complain about it revealing data XD
Just another area teams will learn to exploit. If they can manipulate whatever data AWS is receiving, it could throw off their rivals' in-race strategy.

Juzh

HungarianRacer wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 15:42
To have the audio out of sync on that pole lap video is a heinous crime. The flow of the W11 on track throughout last year's Hungarian GP weekend was the most satisfying movement from an F1 car I ever had the opportunity to witness. I mean, the car was DIALED IN.
synced audio here:
https://streamable.com/6mw5q5

apexcontrol

Hamilton crash again into max, red flag to repair damage, and botas wil give win to hamilton.

Masi wil ofcourse give a penalty but bottas wil hold the field up.

Or maybe a black flag for max, when he returns the favor

Or when bottas wins pole he will crash into max, just for his contract ofcourse

Or bottas wil do a Crashgate, and hand out the perfect Pitstop

Many things could happen when merc is getting beaten

Can't see anything else happing because max wil win otherwise.

Fair game, max wil win
Any dirty tricks he is ---
Last edited by apexcontrol on 27 Jul 2021, 03:52, edited 4 times in total.

langedweil

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 17:51
Max is a very agressive driver.
Personally I'd rather say assertive .. agressive has such a negative connotation.
HuggaWugga !

ringo

If you are banging wheels when you have enough space on track, that is aggressive. He should have been penalized for causing a collision. For all we know that wheel banging could have been the reason Lewis' wheel was cracked.
I do not think Max will get over the acccident though, unless he knew deep down he was at fault for turning in too aggressively he is more likely to move on. If he truly felt hard done by, he will only get more aggressive.
I would really like to see him bang wheels with Charles or Bottas, and see the stewards reaction of Horner's.
As for the race, I do not know what to predict here.
I do wonder if Perez can get back into the top 2 rows.
For Sure!!

JPBD1990

Ferrari are playing down their chances but they’ve gotta be in with a shout after their performance in Monaco/Baku?