2021 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort Sept 3 - 5

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Steven
Owner

Re: 2021 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort Sept 3 - 5

GOAT wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:30
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:18
GOAT wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:09

Come on man!? :|

I think some drivers are able to perform closer to the limit of a car than others- and some cars are more difficult to push to the limit than others.
So your saying something like the W12 is 100%, Lewis gets 97% from it. The RedBull is at 98% and Max gets 100% from it. Therefore is able to beat Lewis.
Not sure if those percentages are completely accurate, but more or less yeah..
Ok guys, this has been enough.
This BS about which car is better has to stop NOW. All we know right now is that both cars are quite closely matched, and that the RBR+VER combination is usually slightly quicker than Merc+HAM. We don't know how much is related to the driver, and how much is due to the car. Adding BOT or PER into this reasoning is not helping either.

Anymore discussion about RBR is better, Max extracts more, Lewis is better, or Lewis is ahead because of the car will be deleted without notice.

Thanks so much. The mod team will now retreat and continue their yoga classes to relax.

NathanOlder

Steven wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:39
GOAT wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:30
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:18

So your saying something like the W12 is 100%, Lewis gets 97% from it. The RedBull is at 98% and Max gets 100% from it. Therefore is able to beat Lewis.
Not sure if those percentages are completely accurate, but more or less yeah..
Ok guys, this has been enough.
This BS about which car is better has to stop NOW. All we know right now is that both cars are quite closely matched, and that the RBR+VER combination is usually slightly quicker than Merc+HAM. We don't know how much is related to the driver, and how much is due to the car. Adding BOT or PER into this reasoning is not helping either.

Anymore discussion about RBR is better, Max extracts more, Lewis is better, or Lewis is ahead because of the car will be deleted without notice.

Thanks so much. The mod team will now retreat and continue their yoga classes to relax.
Yeah agreed, sorry I got sucked in to that one.

On topic,

What happened to Ocon to fall so far back behind Fernando, I just remember he was asking about getting in front of Fernando, then at the end he was down in 9th !?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wouter

Steven wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:39
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

RZS10

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 13:10
What happened to Ocon to fall so far back behind Fernando, I just remember he was asking about getting in front of Fernando, then at the end he was down in 9th !?
Alonso was massively preserving tyres in the early stages of his stints, that's why Ocon felt that he could have gone faster.
Nando managed his medium tyres so well that he could overtake Sainz who was on merely two laps older hards whilst Ocon was overtaken by Perez - in the end Alonso and Ocon were only seperated by roughly 3.5s.

NathanOlder

RZS10 wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 13:28
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 13:10
Alonso was massively preserving tyres in the early stages of his stints, that's why Ocon felt that he could have gone faster.
Nando managed his medium tyres so well that he could overtake Sainz who was on merely two laps older hards whilst Ocon was overtaken by Perez - in the end Alonso and Ocon were only seperated by roughly 3.5s.
Ah so it was pretty close, just a few cars in close proximity! cheers .
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

El Scorchio

Do you reckon they'd have still let all those fireworks off if anyone else won the race?

NathanOlder

El Scorchio wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 17:27
Do you reckon they'd have still let all those fireworks off if anyone else won the race?
Thats a good point, I guess they would, but it would have been funny to see all that glamour if Lewis had won :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 17:58
El Scorchio wrote:
Thats a good point, I guess they would, but it would have been funny to see all that glamour if Lewis had won :lol:
Interesting one isn't it! Was watching a recap just now and it sprang to my mind.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

El Scorchio wrote:
i can guarantee you a big fat no.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

nzjrs

El Scorchio wrote:
Yes. The fireworks could have been more orange - but were not. This suggests to me that the organizers were not irresponsible enough to bet all the fireworks on a single winner.

Wouter

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 02:06
El Scorchio wrote:
i can guarantee you a big fat no.
The fireworks were for the winner and for the first race in 36 years! has ended.
Because of a festive end to a successful weekend.
So YES, if your man Lewis had won, the fireworks would of course have been set off!
The Power of Dreams!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Lewis isn't my man.........
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Wouter

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 18:49
Isn't he? I thought so. Then I apologize.
Why did you say "I can guarantee you a big fat no." ? Why wouldn't they?
The Power of Dreams!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Wouter wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 21:18
Manoah2u wrote:
I'm not a lewis guy, i'm not a max guy, i'm not a schumacher guy, i've ever only been a Senna guy,
and the only other driver i genuinly felt rooting for was Button @ his Brawn season.

Apart from that i'm a fan of the sport, the competition, and fair, honest, and sportsman achievements.
I have greater respect for Lewis compared to Max not only because of his achievements, but also the way he achieves them and his attitude.

I have little respect yet for Max, but for some of his results in certain races. I am not blind to his capabilities, but then again i can't say i've seen him do anything really extraordinary really that would deserve the 'groupie commitment' a fair amount of people have got for him, including some in this very board, and many mainly due to 1 thing only: his nationality, and nothing else, which is why i look at him far more critical.

That's not to say i don't want him to succeed, win and have a great fight and that he deserves certain results, but that goes just as much for Hamilton, etc.

The big fat no is because all the year, all the circumstances surrounding were focused and aimed at 1 thing and 1 thing only, not neccesarily the return of the dutch GP, but Driver #33 winning at the Dutch GP, every single thing is completely aimed at that, and it's as nationalistic to the bone as it was.
And really, i don't mind that either, honestly, i get it. it's not a point of critisism at all (except for the unacceptable 33 speed limit, but that is another discussion). I was impressed too with the crowd and i was very happy to see no booing at all towards Hamilton. I think it was a great weekend albeit the actual race being just a bit boring and sterile.

The big fat no simply is because it was again, because of the dutchman winning the dutch GP. it wasn't the final GP of the season, and I really don't think the race would have been so happily recieved if Max didn't win it, no matter which driver.

I very much believe it was purposefully for Max, and again, i don't even mind, i don't bother by any means.
I liked the gesture, it was spectacular and it's great. Hell, i think it would be fantastic for the British GP too to have fireworks if a British driver wins, at the Aussie when an Aussie wins, German, french, etc etc.

But as for me personally - and i could be very mistaken - i really do not believe the fireworks were ever intended for anybody but Max. And that's why i'd say a big fat no.

Edax
Edax

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 23:59
Wouter wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 21:18
Manoah2u wrote:
I'm not a lewis guy, i'm not a max guy, i'm not a schumacher guy, i've ever only been a Senna guy,
and the only other driver i genuinly felt rooting for was Button @ his Brawn season.

Apart from that i'm a fan of the sport, the competition, and fair, honest, and sportsman achievements.
I have greater respect for Lewis compared to Max not only because of his achievements, but also the way he achieves them and his attitude.

I have little respect yet for Max, but for some of his results in certain races. I am not blind to his capabilities, but then again i can't say i've seen him do anything really extraordinary really that would deserve the 'groupie commitment' a fair amount of people have got for him, including some in this very board, and many mainly due to 1 thing only: his nationality, and nothing else, which is why i look at him far more critical.

That's not to say i don't want him to succeed, win and have a great fight and that he deserves certain results, but that goes just as much for Hamilton, etc.

The big fat no is because all the year, all the circumstances surrounding were focused and aimed at 1 thing and 1 thing only, not neccesarily the return of the dutch GP, but Driver #33 winning at the Dutch GP, every single thing is completely aimed at that, and it's as nationalistic to the bone as it was.
And really, i don't mind that either, honestly, i get it. it's not a point of critisism at all (except for the unacceptable 33 speed limit, but that is another discussion). I was impressed too with the crowd and i was very happy to see no booing at all towards Hamilton. I think it was a great weekend albeit the actual race being just a bit boring and sterile.

The big fat no simply is because it was again, because of the dutchman winning the dutch GP. it wasn't the final GP of the season, and I really don't think the race would have been so happily recieved if Max didn't win it, no matter which driver.

I very much believe it was purposefully for Max, and again, i don't even mind, i don't bother by any means.
I liked the gesture, it was spectacular and it's great. Hell, i think it would be fantastic for the British GP too to have fireworks if a British driver wins, at the Aussie when an Aussie wins, German, french, etc etc.

But as for me personally - and i could be very mistaken - i really do not believe the fireworks were ever intended for anybody but Max. And that's why i'd say a big fat no.
No, you are mistaken.

I was born 10 miles from the circuit. I don’t live there anymore but I spent many happy days around the circuit. It might not show on television, but it is a beautiful place. Maybe I am biased, I’ve been to many circuits but the flow of this one is special, courtesy of Hans hugenholtz.

I can’t think of many thinks than better than sitting on these dunes on a sunny Sunday afternoon with some friends looking at some Citroen Saxo’s snaking through the dunes.

But to be honest the place was slowly falling apart. The circuit had troubles attracting major series and slowly fell in disrepair. They where hurt pretty badly when Marlboro pulled out of the Masters. They tried to reverse that an hat Indycar and DTM, but every year the circuit looked worse for wear.

Of course the celebration was for Verstappen. But the main thing was that F1 got back to Zandvoort and made place relevant again. And I can assure you that these fireworks have gone off whoever had won, just to celebrate that