2021 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Nov 05 - 07

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jolle

Re: 2021 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Nov 05 - 07

Incognito wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 14:41
It's now clear that Bottas did, indeed, make a crucial mistake at the start. Two in fact. It's subtle, but if you look closely at the onboards and the overhead view, you can just make out that Bottas both braked and turned the steering wheel for Turn 1. To make one of these rookie mistakes is inexcusable for a racer of Bottas' experience. To make two? Unthinkable!

We now have ample proof that both braking and turning are optional. Going straight on and taking an opponent with you is the definition of 'racing' and certainly wouldn't be considered 'abnormal' or 'hindering' to a driver on the outside.
Haven't seen this but braking and steering at the same time is what they do these times. It's a ballet of the balance between brakes and steering input all the way up to the apex, where it's a ballet between steering and throttle. The old fashion way or one or the other, is long gone.

Andres125sx

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 09:59
Andres125sx wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 09:07
I´ve just watched the race... FIA is a joke, Max move was a straight forward penalty. If it´s allowed to push you rival out of track to prevent an overtake racing is done.

I´m glad Lewis finally got the victory, but it should have been a Mercedes 1-2.

Max still a dirty driver, despite lately he was showing some maturity, when things go south he still show himself
Wrong thread my friend. 8)

Incognito

Jolle wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 16:31
Haven't seen this but braking and steering at the same time is what they do these times. It's a ballet of the balance between brakes and steering input all the way up to the apex, where it's a ballet between steering and throttle. The old fashion way or one or the other, is long gone.
Thank you for the serious and educational answer, all too rare in these times.

Sadly, I've failed in a humorous attempt to gently imply that Bottas should neither have braked or turned when Verstappen was on his outside. It would've been the epitome of 'good, hard, fair racing' in 2021.

InsaneX_Badger

How has Max just pulled 2+ seconds under the vsc

Edit: Nvm lol

InsaneX_Badger

Anyone want a picture of my hamster running on his wheel? Probably be more exciting than this

hollus

Wrong year…
Rivals, not enemies.

chrisc90

hollus wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 00:23
Wrong year…
Theres a meme in there somewhere with the hamster running on a Mercedes logo'd hamster wheel....trying to catch up. :lol: