Hungarian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Principessa

Hungarian GP 2006

The F1 circus moves to Budapest with some new information: Mark Webber won't race for the Williams F1 Team in 2007. If this will effect his race, we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope that Renault finds his pace back, so that we can have an exciting race at Hungaroring...and an exciting championship :wink:

I think that Alonso will win this weekend.

flynfrog

we should do race predictions

pick your top three

Shumi
Kimi
Massa

Saribro
Saribro

1)Me
2)The Queen of England
3)Pope John Paul II

bhall
bhall

Saribro wrote:1)Me
2)The Queen of England
3)Pope John Paul II
That Pope's a fast one, ain't he?

I gotta agree with flynfrog on this one though. Schumi, Kimi, Felipe. Although Ferrari could struggle if their new diffuser isn't up to par (I can't remember where I read that they would be introducing a new one this weekend). But it should be ok.

Alonso's hopes rest squarely on his tires, but it looks like Michelin's already starting to pack it up.

I also think one of the Toro Rossos will finish in the points. That's my surprise prediction for the race.

Should be a good one. I really enjoy this circuit.

flynfrog

my suprise of the race an aguri will make it to corner 2

manchild
manchild

When was the last time we had wet race, Spa 2005?

flynfrog

manchild wrote:When was the last time we had wet race, Spa 2005?
are you predicting a wet race :shock:

manchild
manchild

m3_lover

Ya Spa was the last wet race, I still love to watch that lose out of control slide by Fisi in Eau Rouge, that was amazing, thank god he was alright.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

flynfrog

manchild wrote:Image
:shock: sad part is i want get to see it no speed tv for a few more weeks

im expecting lap by lap comentary from you

zac510
zac510

I'm expecting Renault to be back on top here, but Ferrari again at Turkey/Monza.

manchild
manchild

flynfrog wrote:im expecting lap by lap comentary from you
Perhaps links in last post by jezzva can help you out? :arrow: viewtopic.php?t=2035&postdays=0&postord ... t&start=15

Just test it before the race day. A lot of places to find p2p F1 broadcasts on this link http://members.aon.at/gfluch/free_lives ... reams.html

You just need to download p2p program and to have fast internet (512 is enough I think).

andyF1

Personally as the weather is cooler (a lot) in Budapest, I think Michelin will gain a lot on Bridgestone (who alwasy seemed to have problems heating the tyres in cold races!).

So for me

1.Alonso
2.Kimi
3.Schumi

Lightspeed

Renault remove mass dampers again

Renault remove mass dampers again
Championship contender Renault has followed the lead of Toro Rosso and removed its controversial mass dampers ahead of opening practice in Hungary.

Sources in the Budapest paddock report on Friday morning that, following Toro Rosso's failed presentation of the system to scrutineers on Thursday, and an updated letter from Charlie Whiting, Renault decided to heed the FIA's advice to let the saga lie.

The tale first arose at Hockenheim, where Renault also decided to remove the system even after race Stewards overruled Whiting's claim that the device is illegal. Lead driver Fernando Alonso finished a championship-damaging fifth.

But the Spanish racer said in Budapest: "Sometimes you notice (the effect of the mass damper), sometimes you don't. It depends on the circuit."

Bumpy Hungaroring, go-kart-like and notably uneven in some key braking zones, is understood to be one of the circuits where the reduction of 'tyre-bouncing' is most helpful.

After Renault introduced the system last September, the current R26 car was designed around the system.

Sources also report that while the Stewards in Germany a week ago were receptive to the legality of mass dampers, they took a different attitude during Hungaroring scrutineering on Thursday.

m3_lover

ernando Alonso could face punishment by the stewards in Hungary following an on-track altercation between the Renault star and Red Bull test driver Robert Doornbos during second practice.

The world champion drew alongside the Dutchman on the pit-straight as he completed his fastest flying lap of the session and furiously gesticulated his displeasure.

The Spaniard then appeared to jink left in front of Doornbos before braking heavily for the first corner.

Both drivers were summoned to see the stewards at the end of the session, but Alonso was then recalled an hour later for another meeting.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.