Hungarian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RacingManiac
RacingManiac

MS could potentially end up on podium if his progress through traffic is any good. His qualy lap in 2nd session was one to remember.....that was faster than his 04 pole time..... :shock:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I'd be surprised if Michael doesn't finish on the podium, he's that good. I wonder how much fuel he starts with, as well as Alonso. Could we see either of them try a one-stopper?

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

DaveKillens wrote:I'd be surprised if Michael doesn't finish on the podium, he's that good. I wonder how much fuel he starts with, as well as Alonso. Could we see either of them try a one-stopper?
I wonder if they can do one stop.....the tires for this race was made in anticipation to hot weather, the coolness might prolong the life, but on the other hand they might grain very easily and not get them up to where they need to be....

Question....he got his penalty after the morning practice, at this point did he nominate the tires yet?

andyF1

regarding footage of the Schumi Red flag incident, the only footage was from Kubica's onboard camera! Surprising as normally the TV director is very good and getting all incidents, however he was just concentrating on buttons car and the red flags!

Update from the track, GP2 race2 just about to start and it is Raining! The first time we have rain on race day in Hungary for the complete 20year history. Also it is cold.

Personally I think the race will be between Mass, Kimi, De la Rosa. Of course there could be a surprise with both Honda / Toyota performing well at this track but as it's very hard to overtake I cannot see MSC or ALO doing much towards winning. Maybe a podium with a great drive / luck.

GP2 race is starting behind safety car it is raining that hard atm!

More updates later.

zac510
zac510

DaveKillens wrote:I'd be surprised if Michael doesn't finish on the podium, he's that good. I wonder how much fuel he starts with, as well as Alonso. Could we see either of them try a one-stopper?
Well said Dave, it sure mixes it up a bit.

andyF1

Well due to the rain the GP2 race had more crashes / spins than I have ever seen b4!

Regarding F1 pitstop strategy I doubt very much any1 will try only one stop today. As the temperatures are very low the teams have suffered with front tyre graining all weekend so far so I think we will see at least 2 stops if not 3.

Could be a very interesting start as it is still raining hard and no F1 teams have run in the wet at this track this year, so they have no wet track car setups!

Scuderia_Russ

Massa to win!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

[EDF]Fx
[EDF]Fx

I think it really depends on the tires especially with the temperatures and trackconditions being this far from what was anticipated. With these conditions the performance of the tires can vary a huge amount.

If Bridgestone rules then its not that far away that Schumacher wins but on the other hand if Michelin proves superior then I think there is very little anyone can do about Kimi.

At least thats my opinion.

My money is on Schumacher :)

/ Fx

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Oh joy, the track is wet, this will really spice things up. Now, anything can happen, we are sure to see an event filled race.
I wonder who have the better wet compound tires this time around.

wazojugs

Alonso could be the new rainmaster

wazojugs

Micheal is now ignoring blue flags as well as the reds... #-o

f1.redbaron

Wait a minute...does that mean that Button will win???

Scuderia_Russ

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Massa to win!
:lol: A little optomistic in hindsight.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

wazojugs

Well done Jenson

leomax
leomax

Alonso is blessed with so much luck.
Now its the end of all button jokes :lol:
And what a sad end for kimi's race,good job by pedro though,nice overtaking move to pass shumi. It still shows mercedes does not have enough horses to challenge ferrari but nick shown it otherwise for bmw.