Australian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AeroGT3
AeroGT3

Man, this board seems to hate any team that does well.

waynes
waynes

pRo

AeroGT3 wrote:Man, this board seems to hate any team that does well.
No, not really, just the ones that cheat. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Scuderia_Russ

mini696 wrote:Is anyone disturbed by the comments on the radio by Ferrari to Kimi at the end of the race?.
Disturbed?! No.
mini696 wrote:Paraphrasing here. "blah blah blah... next time you hear me Kimi we will be live on television" *pause* "Congratulations Kimi, good race... blah blah blah".

Do the teams really need to warn the drivers that they are going live? I know its not the end of the world but it just irks me that they think we cant handle hearing the other things they have to say.

Not only that it was such a cliched conversation after they said he was live.
If he hadn't said "We are going live" and Kimi said " Wow, that was f**king awesome, thanks Chris" it wouldn't have gone down very well would it?!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

trinlico
trinlico

Scuderia_Russ wrote: If he hadn't said "We are going live" and Kimi said " Wow, that was f**king awesome, thanks Chris" it wouldn't have gone down very well would it?!
Yeah, this is Kimi "I was taking a ---" Raikkonen. They're probably being a bit careful

RH1300S
RH1300S

mini696 wrote:Is anyone disturbed by the comments on the radio by Ferrari to Kimi at the end of the race?

Paraphrasing here. "blah blah blah... next time you hear me Kimi we will be live on television" *pause* "Congratulations Kimi, good race... blah blah blah".

Do the teams really need to warn the drivers that they are going live? I know its not the end of the world but it just irks me that they think we cant handle hearing the other things they have to say.

Not only that it was such a cliched conversation after they said he was live.
Well you wouldn't want him telling the world

"hey guys that flexi floor was 'kin amazing" :D

Or

"I was promised a BJ by my brolley girl if I won"

It's just good sense to warn a driver he's about to be broadcast around the world

bhall
bhall

Only if it's Ferrari. :lol:

saam
saam

just wait a little longer on here and youll have stories made up on how the red team cheated or kimi went in the mclaren pits during the race and seen some data he shouldn't have, and in turn the ferrari won the race....

But in time, like myself you learn to live with other peoples comments and oppinions even though they make no sence

what i like is all the attention the RED team gets, being if they lost or won

That my friends is where the RED team wants to be anyway...... always in your mind :lol:
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

FLC
FLC

I'll second that, and the one above it :!:

f1.redbaron

Re: radio conversation,

Man, I feel sorry for Chris Dyer. If you watch again that YT clip I left, listen to what is Kimi saying between 1:03 and 1:07. I listened to it several times and I couldn't understand that first part at all.

btw, does anybody else think that Dyer's voice sounds the same as Martin Brundle's

Ciro Pabón

bhallg2k wrote:
Only if it's Ferrari. :lol:
I don't think so, bhallg2k: we are impartial, Aero is right. We would rant about any team that wins, of course. As the "old and well known saying" goes: "The leader always has all the arrows pierced on his back". Haven't you worked at a big corporation or what?

pRo explained it better: we only rant about cheating teams. Of course, if you win, you must be a cheater. I guess pRo concurs. C'mon, remember the fate of the smartest kid at your class. :lol:

About Kimi's body language... well, for a "salsa" dancer, this guy's body is totally mute... but it's OK with me if he speaks with his lap times. That's pretty eloquent.

Besides, I suspect what the "we're going live" code means, as DaveKillens explains. It means: "Don't talk about taking any dumps, Kimi AND mumble something, for heaven's sake, "porca miseria"!" ;) If he were Monty (sigh), it would have meant: "Don't say f*ck more than three times on the next 30 seconds, Juan, AND don't crash on the fermé park entrance, "per favore"".

Oh, Tom, I almost forgot: do you have high enough insurance when you race? It seems to me english are pretty cool about dangers, but "Lockerbians" beat them by a mile! It must be the "soft" weather... :lol:

Last lame joke, no offense intended f1.redbaron: in the immortal words of Julius Caesar ("Commentaries on the Gallic Wars"), "the english speak as the dogs bark" (and that was 2.000 years ago, anyone would say they must have improved by now!). I know some frenchs, spaniards, portugueses, italians and belgians are smiling at that and germans and finnish are wondering what he meant... ;)
Ciro

RH1300S
RH1300S

Ciro Pabón wrote:Last lame joke, no offense intended f1.redbaron: in the immortal words of Julius Caesar ("Commentaries on the Gallic Wars"), "the english speak as the dogs bark" (and that was 2.000 years ago, anyone would say they must have improved by now!). I know some frenchs, spaniards, portugueses, italians and belgians are smiling at that and germans and finnish are wondering what he meant... ;)
Luckily we speak Anglo Saxon these days - the Celtic tongue was left behind a long time ago (for the English that is ;)).

For English - think PG Wodehouse

"A man's subconscious self is not the ideal companion. It lurks for the greater part of his life in some dark den of its own, hidden away, and emerges only to taunt and deride and increase the misery of a miserable hour"

Or

"There is a fog sir. If you will recollect, we are now in Autumn - season of mists and mellow fruitfulness"

Or

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron"

Voila...........:D

mcdenife
mcdenife

Re: radio conversation,

Man, I feel sorry for Chris Dyer. If you watch again that YT clip I left, listen to what is Kimi saying between 1:03 and 1:07. I listened to it several times and I couldn't understand that first part at all.

btw, does anybody else think that Dyer's voice sounds the same as Martin Brundle's
I dont undertand the radio conversation. If Kimi lost his radio at the start of the race, why were they talkin to him. Had the radio been fixed by then?
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

f1.redbaron

mcdenife wrote: I dont undertand the radio conversation. If Kimi lost his radio at the start of the race, why were they talkin to him. Had the radio been fixed by then?
This was during qualifying

Spyker MF1

f1.redbaron wrote: Martin Brundle's
Yea when I first heard him on the radio I was like "WTF why's Martin talking to him" and then I realised, maybe it was due to the fact I was tired I dunno but yes it definatly sounds like him.
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php