Monaco GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mcdenife

I think this just about sums it up

Edit:

and hopefully this should clarify things for those seeing shadows.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

Mikey_s

Sanity restored... :D
Mike

modbaraban

Looks like Bernie is playing games again. As usual. Those exreme remarks (about McLaren's removal from the sport) were a more of a warning... he couldn't just say "I'd like to see competition within McLaren"... this just isn't his way. I'm starting to thing that... maybe it was him who issued the whole story with FIA investigation? :)

Saribro

Both McLaren drivers are sharing the #1 in the WDC, how much more competition besides ramming eachother does he want?

modbaraban

That was a hint for Ron that any kind of playing in hads of Alonso is highly 'undesired'.

Besides Lewis' success shoud be converted into british pounds for BE (like it happened in Alonso's case).

Who knows, we may hear about London street race again in some time. :lol:

bizadfar

mx_tifosi wrote:IIRC, All of the front runners (FA,LH,FM,KR) had a fresh engine for Monaco. This might be encouraging news for Ferrari because as we could tell from this weekend Massa wasn't pushing the limits as Alonso and Hamilton were doing. I'm not sure how hard Raikkonen was pushing, but I kind of hope we wasnt pressuring the F2007 too much.

Monaco doesnt give an accurate reflection of a teams performance, so as soon as the next GP's roll around everyone will show their true colors and Ferrari will get back to winning, with Massa I hope, and Raikkonen providing DC support for him with consistent podiums. The '07 CC is still within reach for us. As long as Raikkonen steps up and shows what he is made of now that he is in the Ferrari seat, so far he hasnt impressed, besides OZ.

Besides the dissapointment of a Ferrari 3rd and 8th place, it was nice to see Alonso get on the top podium, he seemed really happy, best luck to him as well, he truly deserved it.

Scuderia Ferrari 2007 CC
1) Wrong, If anything Dennis slowed down the cars to save the engines important for Canada. Mclaren would not have much disadvantage there, Raikkonen might behind all those cars all race.

2) Monaco does give an accurate reflection of teams performance. Mclaren are strong there even with weak cars, BMW have vastly improved there too. It does give a reflection of the pace on that particular type of circuit. Nothing more.

3) Raikkonen isn't a man of giving up. More to come.

pRo wrote: Monaco is VERY easy on the engine. I think it's the track where you can keep the throttle down the least amount of time, so even when you are pushing it, it's easier to the engine as "cruising" on another track, like the next two races in US&CAN.

Another thing to consider is that by running fast and not staying behind other cars, you might actually save your engine by feeding it fresh air most of the time.

I don't think the engine will be of any issue for any of the top cars. Surely bot because of Monaco anyway.
Short gears, higher average revs than other circuits, less volume of air in the ducts potentially.... sure its harder?

If anything it might be a tiny issue for Mclaren, tiny tiny. Since they were pushing early on. Massa stopped after the 1st stop almost and Raikkonen was stuck behind other cars.

modbaraban wrote:Looks like Bernie is playing games again. As usual. Those exreme remarks (about McLaren's removal from the sport) were a more of a warning... he couldn't just say "I'd like to see competition within McLaren"... this just isn't his way. I'm starting to thing that... maybe it was him who issued the whole story with FIA investigation? :)
Because fans are complaining of his business which has little action and static races from start to finish. In cases as light as these, Bernie must take an aggressive stance.

checkered

Phew, the FIA

decision actually does make sense - even if it makes clear that Ron played the propabilities in a fashion that denied Hamilton even a slight chance of taking the lead, and that Hamilton had no say in the matter whatsoever. But giving a winning chance clearly could be proven a secondary consideration, even if it was valid in itself. But just think of the logic had Lewis qualified 1st with his fuel load, that was certainly very likely! He has qualified heavier than Alonso through most of the season, hasn't he? So, Hamilton only goes for a win if plan "B" is implemented (to simplify it for argument's sake)?

I'm still troubled about Bernie's comment. Sure, part of it must've been to issue a warning against any kind of favoritism. But Ron has been quite vocal and even combative recently, too ... he knows that he doesn't have very many years in him as a F1 team owner/boss, so he's been more likely to speak his mind? He did so regarding the influence of manufacturers in Formula One. And then there was the surprising story about someone tapping their radio in 1998 ... I certainly don't remember hearing about that earlier. In a sport/business where quite small events may decide the fate of tens of millions, there are potentially very serious ramifications if someone does something like that.

Did Bernie also signal that certain things should be kept "inside the family"? Don't know, never been one for conspiracy theories, but recently a lot of those things that normally don't see the light of day in public scrutiny have been a bit closer to the surface, I think. A lot of men contemplating life after Formula One ... time for some reflection, perhaps?

modbaraban

checkered wrote:I'm still troubled about Bernie's comment. Sure, part of it must've been to issue a warning against any kind of favoritism. But Ron has been quite vocal and even combative recently, too ... he knows that he doesn't have very many years in him as a F1 team owner/boss, so he's been more likely to speak his mind? He did so regarding the influence of manufacturers in Formula One. And then there was the surprising story about someone tapping their radio in 1998 ... I certainly don't remember hearing about that earlier. In a sport/business where quite small events may decide the fate of tens of millions, there are potentially very serious ramifications if someone does something like that.
Very interesting point here.

What's Bernie's opinion on that 2011-bio-V6 issue? I don't recall hearing anything about it from mr. E yet.

mx_tifoso

bizadfar wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote: Monaco doesnt give an accurate reflection of a teams performance, so as soon as the next GP's roll around everyone will show their true colors and Ferrari will get back to winning, with Massa I hope, and Raikkonen providing DC support for him with consistent podiums.
2) Monaco does give an accurate reflection of teams performance. Mclaren are strong there even with weak cars, BMW have vastly improved there too. It does give a reflection of the pace on that particular type of circuit. Nothing more.
Monaco is a street circuit, and a strange one at that, it doesnt give a true representation of a teams performance level compared to the rest of the seasons GP's, only a true road racing designed circuit has that ability. And once F1 goes back to real circuits I am sure Ferrari, and the rest of the teams, will get back on their feet and show their real potential, because as many of the drivers said before the weekend, "Monaco is a lottery".

----------#wins--------------------Monaco GP-----------------
Ferrari - 9
McLaren- 14

With the most recent Ferrari victory here being in 2001, and McLarens being this year, and '05. It was no surprise to us, or me at least, that Ferrari wasn't going to be as strong here as they are in other GP's.
Ferrari has great potential for the upcoming NA races and I'm sure they wont dissapoint. Not to disregard the rest of the season, but this is just focusing on the closer races.
Consistency with podiums and/or wins is the only way to win the Championships, both Drivers and Constructors.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

pRo

bizadfar wrote:Short gears, higher average revs than other circuits, less volume of air in the ducts potentially.... sure its harder?
19k of this season is low revs, all the time. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

bizadfar

pRo wrote:
bizadfar wrote:Short gears, higher average revs than other circuits, less volume of air in the ducts potentially.... sure its harder?
19k of this season is low revs, all the time. ;)
And when they make the sidepods even sleeker and the rear extremely tight, it's still not a cooling issue? :roll: Thickhead.

Mikey_s

Guys,

please debate the post, not the poster... it's a technical forum not a fight club :!:
Mike

Kass

Re: tickets

f1.redbaron wrote:
dumrick wrote:
Kass wrote:hi, i really want to go to Monaco gp nxt year.. do you know how to get places like the buildings or at the sides.. its not the official seats.; i wonder how do people get em. IMO they give better view than the normal seats//

anyone can shed some light?
You just have to Google for it. It usually is all over the Internet. FYI, this year's prices were about €1.500,00 for a place at a balcony. To sleep over at a close-by building would take about €6.000,00.
just out of curiosity, has anybody looked into the possibility of renting a station wagon (estate), and sleeping in it over the course of the weekend. I know, it sounds barbaric, but for those of us who want to see the Monaco GP, and are on a budget, that seems to be the only option.

How legal is something like that in France (it should be noted, that I have no intention of parking a car in Monaco, but rather somewhere away from the action - Italy, or Nice.
hmm so you mean that getting a tribune is much more cheaper than staying at the balcony?

is the general admission ticket a good place for viewing or do you need super binoculars for it..

and if we buy the tickets this year can we get discount?